Photo
- - - - -

Making Bank: Your safe and You

Guide Safe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 Black_Jack

Black_Jack

Loves white grapes.

• Moderators
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

I have to agree with ase, more problems could come of this than benefits. I don't think it will cause many players to take more precautions with their safes than they do now, but I could forsee quite a bit of trouble if this information spreads. As for the safe shielding, that might work for some players, but my bank can hold 37 safes. For me to shield them all, I would need an additional 37 safes. That's roughly 170 plat, which would be unresonable to keep people's gold safe, when it should already be safe. In my opinion, the distance safes should work on the z-axis should be, at most, the same as the x and y-axes.

As far as other command items go, the only other one I think would be a cause for concern would be feedoors. I'll test it out tomorrow to see how they work.

P322zQi.png

#22 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

I have to agree with ase, more problems could come of this than benefits. I don't think it will cause many players to take more precautions with their safes than they do now, but I could forsee quite a bit of trouble if this information spreads. As for the safe shielding, that might work for some players, but my bank can hold 37 safes. For me to shield them all, I would need an additional 37 safes. That's roughly 170 plat, which would be unresonable to keep people's gold safe, when it should already be safe. In my opinion, the distance safes should work on the z-axis should be, at most, the same as the x and y-axes.

As far as other command items go, the only other one I think would be a cause for concern would be feedoors. I'll test it out tomorrow to see how they work.

just get them to close the safe and not use an easy password. i tried this thing myself at the bank and went ontop of toxic's safe (it had a roof) to see how much gold he had in it (im just curious) and later checked other people's safe to see who had the most gold put in a safe.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#23 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

just get them to close the safe and not use an easy password. i tried this thing myself at the bank and went ontop of toxic's safe (it had a roof) to see how much gold he had in it (im just curious) and later checked other people's safe to see who had the most gold put in a safe.

yes that is how to properly use a safe, but that is not a fool proof method.  I know that many people in this game have large amounts of gold in their safes and that fortune has taken months or even years to accumulate.  Those people will want to absolutely certain their fortune is safe.  

#24 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:06 PM

yes that is how to properly use a safe, but that is not a fool proof method.  I know that many people in this game have large amounts of gold in their safes and that fortune has taken months or even years to accumulate.  Those people will want to absolutely certain their fortune is safe.  

hmmm if they really want to be sure it is safe they can always 1. hide the safe in a special town made just for hiding or 2. keep the money on them. 2 may not sound so safe becuz someone can just hack your account but if someone hacked an account where the money was stored in a safe they own and they know the location they could get the money anyway. it's probably best to hide the safe somewhere no one knows. if u place the money in someone Else's safe e.g black_jack's bank it may be more safe becuz 1. black_jack is trustworthy? and 2. if someone does hack your account they need to guess the password to the safe.

option 1 is probably the best option.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#25 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

This is now fixed, and will be uploaded to the server whenever the next update is.  So if your safe is higher/lower than 32 units, you may want to move it now :)

#26 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

Great thread Black Jack, also glad it made the news. Very helpful. :-)

#27 BlockBit

BlockBit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

This.Was.Helpful I can now keep my safe much more safe and secure thanks!

Also wrote it so big because some people dont have good eyesight.

Edited by BlockBit, 01 October 2014 - 09:31 PM.

Oh, 8bitmmo, how I adore you, the many nostalgic orgasms you bring me..

((ps. to the people i scammed, sorry, and yes, i was the platinum thief from that safe back in like 2014.

#28 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

This.Was.Helpful I can now keep my safe much more safe and secure thanks!

Also wrote it so big because some people dont have good eyesight.

If people wanted big text they'd just zoom in.

rrqlql.png

#29 BlockBit

BlockBit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

Welp did not know that :P.

Oh, 8bitmmo, how I adore you, the many nostalgic orgasms you bring me..

((ps. to the people i scammed, sorry, and yes, i was the platinum thief from that safe back in like 2014.