Photo
- - - - -

Need Mods Help Please!

Best Answer Sage , 30 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Mute issued. I'm sorry that no one was on when you needed them :|

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 SSJ Dragon

SSJ Dragon

Killed more times in PVP than Krillen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

So THIS happened a little while ago when none of the mods were on IRC, unfortunately,

Also, since it's late and I can't figure out how to highlight the curse words to make them black squares, I'll just replace them to asterisks (*), which there is a lot of, sadly  :(:

[00:47] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> and your a ****

[00:47] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> when will i get banned

[00:49] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> ******* *** BURGURS ******

[00:49] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> FEELS GOOD ONLY BEING 14 AND ******* ON MAH LEG ******

[00:49] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> lol u guys are all *******

[00:49] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> END ME

[00:49] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> BAN ME

[00:49] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> AND ILL FINALLY DELETE THIS GAME OFF STEAM AND PLAY ARMA 3

[00:49] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> *******

And just when you think it's over...  -_- 

[01:03] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> **** IS A *** ***** ****** ***** WHO GETS **** IN THE *** EVERY 5 SECONDS BY HIS *** **** **** STUPID CAT AND NIBBLES ON HIS ******* **** FOR THE THRILL OF BEING A *** LIL ****

(Hopefully there's not too much context in that one  :unsure:)

I'm putting this here so that the mods will see it and will be able to do something about it so it won't happen again, since he did not receive a mute or ban.

And just so you know, he did have fair warning:

[00:47] <@EightBitMMO> <SSJ Dragon> Michael please stop the swearing

[00:50] <@EightBitMMO> <SSJ Dragon> Or you could stop swearing though

[00:56] <@EightBitMMO> <SSJ Dragon> Michael PLEASE don't swear

[01:03] <@EightBitMMO> <SSJ Dragon> ...

I would had said something on that last one but I felt like a broken record by that point.  -_- 

Edit: Sage fixed the situation, Thanks Sage!  :) 

super_saiyan_3_gif_by_bankai459-d3ki8po. --- 5RO8AYI.png --- super_saiyan_3_gif_by_bankai459-d3ki8po.

Dragon Ball Z Scouters Mod (Accessories Mod): http://forums.8bitmm...ccessories-mod/

...It seems that my greatest enemy is indeed /regionstat...                               --- Found my secret text have you? Well, here's your reward! : *Reward*  ---

#2 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:12 AM   Best Answer

Mute issued. I'm sorry that no one was on when you needed them :|

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#3 SSJ Dragon

SSJ Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

It's ok. I just feel bad for the other players that were on at the time. :(  Maybe there should be an IRC bot that mutes someone when they curse too many times in a certain amount of time, or something like that. But thank you Sage.  ^_^

super_saiyan_3_gif_by_bankai459-d3ki8po. --- 5RO8AYI.png --- super_saiyan_3_gif_by_bankai459-d3ki8po.

Dragon Ball Z Scouters Mod (Accessories Mod): http://forums.8bitmm...ccessories-mod/

...It seems that my greatest enemy is indeed /regionstat...                               --- Found my secret text have you? Well, here's your reward! : *Reward*  ---

#4 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

It's ok. I just feel bad for the other players that were on at the time. :(  Maybe there should be an IRC bot that mutes someone when they curse too many times in a certain amount of time, or something like that. But thank you Sage.  ^_^

Too many loop holes e.g if **** was banned u could easily do * * * * (see the spaces?)

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#5 SSJ Dragon

SSJ Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

Too many loop holes e.g if **** was banned u could easily do * * * * (see the spaces?)

Yeah, I guess you'd have to be REALLY creative to cover everything that people would think of. But hopefully it'd be like a counter that people don't realize is there, and it would get catch all the normal curses that people would say when a Mod isn't around, and they would end up muting themselves.  ^_^

#6 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, I guess you'd have to be REALLY creative to cover everything that people would think of. But hopefully it'd be like a counter that people don't realize is there, and it would get catch all the normal curses that people would say when a Mod isn't around, and they would end up muting themselves.  ^_^

Maybe just add more mods or work out a mod scheudule so a mod would be online at all times. Or just get grim to come back ingame. It would be better to use mods rather than bots since humans have better judgment and stuff than robots.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#7 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

I would dance and cheer if a language filter was implemented. Just does what you did manually in the OP (changes curse words into asterisks or maybe potato speech '...').

Like madman mentioned, it wouldn't be a perfect system, but boy would it make things easier. The people that try to bypass it with spaces and alternate spellings is where the mods would come in. Or, something kinda funnier, sim could make all curse words be filtered into some other random word like 'love'.

Example:

[01:03] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> love IS A love love love love WHO GETS love IN THE love EVERY 5 SECONDS BY HIS love love love STUPID CAT AND NIBBLES ON HIS love love FOR THE THRILL OF BEING A love LIL love

sensiblechuckle.gif

#DankClan

#8 Choloy123

Choloy123

Coolest new member title on the block.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Maybe just add more mods or work out a mod scheudule so a mod would be online at all times. Or just get grim to come back ingame. It would be better to use mods rather than bots since humans have better judgment and stuff than robots.

^^^ True...

#9 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

I would dance and cheer if a language filter was implemented. Just does what you did manually in the OP (changes curse words into asterisks or maybe potato speech '...').

Like madman mentioned, it wouldn't be a perfect system, but boy would it make things easier. The people that try to bypass it with spaces and alternate spellings is where the mods would come in. Or, something kinda funnier, sim could make all curse words be filtered into some other random word like 'love'.

Example:

[01:03] <@EightBitMMO> <-Michael-> love IS A love love love love WHO GETS love IN THE love EVERY 5 SECONDS BY HIS love love love STUPID CAT AND NIBBLES ON HIS love love FOR THE THRILL OF BEING A love LIL love

sensiblechuckle.gif

Yes i would Love if curse words were changed to love. but then in IRC i think it should somehow be able to show it was orignially a curse word, then mods could keep an eye on that person.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#10 Choloy123

Choloy123

Coolest new member title on the block.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

Yes i would Love if curse words were changed to love. but then in IRC i think it should somehow be able to show it was orignially a curse word, then mods could keep an eye on that person.

^^^^^ Better

#11 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Oh yeah, that's a given. I didn't mention it, but everything in IRC would remain the same. It would just prevent unwilling players having to see it; they would still get a warning for cursing like normal.

#DankClan

#12 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

We may need more mods but it's up to sim really. I try to be online for many hours and we can't really have scheudules because some mods have other commitments such as work or other things going on in their lives yeah we do need Grim back he seemed to be online while I sleep.

Example:

sensiblechuckle.gif

Yeah we have asked sim before but he never seems to want that I hope he does one day.

#13 SSJ Dragon

SSJ Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Example:

sensiblechuckle.gif

Yeah, that first * word was the name of another player that the message was aimed toward. I changed it for the sake of that player, because I wouldn't think they would want people to know that the message was aimed toward them.   :?

And yeah, it would be nice if some filter could be there for those situations.  :) Or maybe a couple more mods, but that is up to the mods to decide.

#14 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

We may need more mods but it's up to sim really. I try to be online for many hours and we can't really have scheudules because some mods have other commitments such as work or other things going on in their lives yeah we do need Grim back he seemed to be online while I sleep.

Yeah we have asked sim before but he never seems to want that I hope he does one day.

Grim is hardly ever ingame though but he is often in IRC but AFK. Normally when he is in IRC there are one or 2 other mods so grim isn't really used :(. COME BACK GRIMMY!!!!!

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#15 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

I don't really think we need more mods personally. I responded/logged in about 20 minutes after this incident occurred (Xerp appeared shortly after I did as well.). A few situations where no mod is online for a short burst of time (10-15 minutes) is bound to happen from time to time. It even happens on super high traffic websites at strange hours. We could have 100 moderators and you could expect there to be a few instances when no one was observing the chat when something happened.

#DankClan

#16 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

Example:

sensiblechuckle.gif

6WCQSu3.gif

A Garry's Mod server I went on did this well.

Replace bad words with nice words.

rrqlql.png

#17 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:52 AM

Replace bad words with "steak"

if someone is trying to curse money :P

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#18 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

I like the idea of translating inappropriate words to something funny :P

#19 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

Awesome!!! For example: Fu**: BANANAS, and Sh** for BEES.

#20 SSJ Dragon

SSJ Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:22 AM

I'd really like to see that implemented!