Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

Idea for the =66 Map

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

Well, when you own a town in the =66 map, it's impossible to get citizens that are level 3, of which some good citizens are. And it puts players off. I propose a new Town Function:

/townminlvl <minimum level>

and if the level required is above level 4, then only people that level and above can join. But if the level is below level 4, and someone below level 4 joined the town, they can do everything they usually could do within town borders, but then when they try walk outside of the town, they can't (similar to map edges) and they are unable to build outside the town too. Then, once they get level 4, these restrictions are lifted, thus they may then be a normal level 4 =66 map player.#

Please read this, Sim9, as I am out of votes on the Suggestion Box.

7f44484767.png

#2 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

It's just easy enough to get to level 4 instead of making sim do this.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

5 reasons why this needs to be added:

It helps towns grow.

About 75% of the players are below level 4.

Newbies get more towns to join.

It makes it so that towns built for newbies making houses clutter =65 less

It makes =66 less empty.

Trololo, most new people have barely any idea how leveling expands the gameplay and do not come on very often, and when they do come on, not for long.

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#4 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

No... I know 75% of players can't be bothered to get level 4 before joining a town. They'd go to other towns and you get... Guess what? MORE GHOST TOWNS!

7f44484767.png

#5 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

I think of the new map as kind of an expansion pack, no harm in taking a day to hit lvl 4 imo.

63747_10151391200125170_507223568_n.jpg

#6 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

Bad idea. Completely disregards the level 4 minimum which isn't hard to achieve. Plus more work for Sim. 

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#7 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Bad idea. Completely disregards the level 4 minimum which isn't hard to achieve. Plus more work for Sim. 

You didn't read all of this did you?

Well, when you own a town in the =66 map, it's impossible to get citizens that are level 3, of which some good citizens are. And it puts players off. I propose a new Town Function:

/townminlvl <minimum level>

and if the level required is above level 4, then only people that level and above can join. But if the level is below level 4, and someone below level 4 joined the town, they can do everything they usually could do within town borders, but then when they try walk outside of the town, they can't (similar to map edges) and they are unable to build outside the town too. Then, once they get level 4, these restrictions are lifted, thus they may then be a normal level 4 =66 map player.#

Please read this, Sim9, as I am out of votes on the Suggestion Box.

I think of the new map as kind of an expansion pack, no harm in taking a day to hit lvl 4 imo.

But then what about the ghost towns that would form? I know if I had to get level 4 to join a town, I would join a different one, personally.

7f44484767.png

#8 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'll be honest. No I did not. Got bored a couple sentences in ^_^

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#9 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'll be honest. No I did not. Got bored a couple sentences in ^_^

Exactly. It is a perfectly justified idea if you read it all.

7f44484767.png

#10 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Hm. Would be nice if people just practiced in the pocket and then built/joined towns. What steps do other mmos have for getting off of "noob island" before getting into higher lvl zones? It's obvious that you can't get to high lvl zones before your time on other games, any proposal aside from "let lvl 1s join end game stuff?"

#11 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hm. Would be nice if people just practiced in the pocket and then built/joined towns. What steps do other mmos have for getting off of "noob island" before getting into higher lvl zones? It's obvious that you can't get to high lvl zones before your time on other games, any proposal aside from "let lvl 1s join end game stuff?"

All they would be able to edit is inside the town! The town would be like a megasmall map to them! 

To following posters:

BEFORE YOU COMMENT STUFF THAT HAS BEEN CANCELLED OUT WITH THE ORIGINAL POST, READ THE *FULL* ORIGINAL POST FIRST!

7f44484767.png

#12 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

No... I know 75% of players can't be bothered to get level 4 before joining a town. They'd go to other towns and you get... Guess what? MORE GHOST TOWNS!

Okay, if there where more ghost town, then why would we let them be added to =66 ?  Exactly, that same exact thing would happen. If you can't be bothered to get to level four then you shouldn't be bothered to play.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#13 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Okay, if there where more ghost town, then why would we let them be added to =66 ?  Exactly, that same exact thing would happen. If you can't be bothered to get to level four then you shouldn't be bothered to play.

look who is talking... Maybe a new map can solve this where:

-there is no early access

-level 6 is required to enter

-some kind of detection system which removes random junk blocks everywhere

-The range that seperates townstones is larger

-where towns that are active "eat nearby towns that are strongly inactive by using it to expand.

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#14 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

look who is talking... Maybe a new map can solve this where:

-there is no early access

-level 6 is required to enter

-some kind of detection system which removes random junk blocks everywhere

-The range that seperates townstones is larger

-where towns that are active "eat nearby towns that are strongly inactive by using it to expand.

I only agree with idea 1 there. The rest I don't agree with.

7f44484767.png

#15 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Scratso, you do remember that you have to level up to even unlock some blocks, so how great would it really be to have citizens that can't build effectively? I know you've played other games with level requirements, this isn't much different.

#16 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Scratso, you do remember that you have to level up to even unlock some blocks, so how great would it really be to have citizens that can't build effectively? I know you've played other games with level requirements, this isn't much different.

Generally, people go for the older blocks for funds. And yes, I have played 1 other game with levels... Epicrealms is due to have them as well, but with a different intention.

Not that it takes >10 minutes to get level 4...

It does if you're a builder, and not a fighter.
Is it impossible for you people to agree with me for once?!?!

7f44484767.png

#17 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'm interested in your vision for how it works in EpicRealms, maybe we'll understand your position better if you share that. Without your perspective, it's very difficult to justify your suggestions and it simply looks like "just let it be this way because I want it." I know that isn't what you are trying to say, but it's coming out like it.

I think all the builders can fairly justify having to slay a few monsters in their quest to build fun things, 

#18 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

I'm interested in your vision for how it works in EpicRealms, maybe we'll understand your position better if you share that. Without your perspective, it's very difficult to justify your suggestions and it simply looks like "just let it be this way because I want it." I know that isn't what you are trying to say, but it's coming out like it.

I think all the builders can fairly justify having to slay a few monsters in their quest to build fun things, 

EpicRealms is planned to have it where you can wear clothes and weapons that require levels, but other stuff doesn't. Also, if EpicRealms eventually gains the ability to build (which I hope it will) it will have all blocks available and additional Servers will be accessible by all. That is my vision for the EpicRealms PvE Lvling System.

7f44484767.png

#19 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Is it impossible for you people to agree with me for once?!?!

First give us something worthwhile to agree on. This isn't me being mean. This is me telling you what you need to do.

#20 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

And what about new noon towns? More can be added with this...
And I posted this after 10 other people requested it.

7f44484767.png