Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Should sim9 pass on the mantle?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Should sim9 pass on the mantle (16 member(s) have cast votes)

What should sim 9 do with the game?

1. Higher an updater to update it for him (12 votes [63.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

2. Keep the game as is, which seems to be causing more damage then good. (4 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Completly leave 8bitmmo in the hands of someone new and retire from 8bitmmo. (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nascarlaser1

nascarlaser1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:21 PM

Like everyone, I have noticed a sever drop in updates, which is causing a domino effect on the amount of players. I think that Sim9 shoulder either A, higher a updater who updates the game for him, but doesn't do anything that sim9 doesn't want. The other option is for Sim9 to completely pass on the mantle, and let someone else run 8bitmmo.

Pros of first option

Updates will continue

Only the updates that Sim9 want will be made, so that it isn't changed largely

Cons of first option

Sim9 would have to raise the plat prices in order to pay said employee, something that may upset some people.

Prose of option 2

Sim9 no longer has to worry about 8bitmmo, we can all stop complaining that he has abandoned us, and we get updates

Cons of option 2

Since Sim9 no longer owns 8bitmmo, he has 0 say in what happens and therefor there is a chance that the game could be changed greatly.

I have left a poll above to see if what everyone else thinks

This is meant to be an opinion and in no way meant to be mean, considered a rant, or any other bad thing. I just want to know what other people think should happen to this game. Grim Master Death said I could do this as long as I didn't do anything horrible. If this is illegal don't blame or ban me... I asked before I did for once.

-nascarlaser1

"I love mankind... its people I can't stand!"

-Linus from snoopy.

#2 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

Ultimately it is best to leave it in sim's hands. It is sad that the game has come to a dead end as far as development goes BUT under his care the game will remain as it is and running for sure ( at least as long as he can ). As for hiring an updater... if that was possible I imagine he would have already done so. I don't particularly like the way it is myself but I'll remain and keep things going and meep has stated he will stick around as will psy even though he is mostly inactive due to work and life. We still have shcky and sharky and some other dedicated players. It is POSSIBLE we will see some kind of development in the far future. SIm has not ruled the possibility out entirely. We just can't expect there to be anything.

To those that have stuck around and will remain. Thank you.

#3 nascarlaser1

nascarlaser1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

I have modified the poll to allow multiple choice, since people like irondude may be torn between 2 options.

-Linus from snoopy.

#4 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

You can't "Higher an updater to update it for him", that's basically selling the game.

#5 nascarlaser1

nascarlaser1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

This would not be the same in any way,shape, or form of manner. If sim9 left us entirely, and someone else took control of the game, not only would we not know when the next update is, there is a huge possibility that the next update could ruin the game, making this the least favorable of the 3 options If sim9 would higher someone to update the game, then we would know that the updater would only put in stuff that sim9 approved of. This is the most favorable of the 3 options, and the one that would help sim9 still have time to focus on other stuff, without letting one of his best games go to waste.

As you can see AlexINF, these 2 options are NOT the same in anyway, and if you can figure out how they are the same, can you please explain to me as well?

btw/FYI, the quote button isn't working :(. I tried quoting both fury and Alex on 2 separate occasions in this thread and neither time did the quote appear.

-Linus from snoopy.

#6 irondude

irondude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:59 AM

This would not be the same in any way,shape, or form of manner. If sim9 left us entirely, and someone else took control of the game, not only would we not know when the next update is, there is a huge possibility that the next update could ruin the game, making this the least favorable of the 3 options If sim9 would higher someone to update the game, then we would know that the updater would only put in stuff that sim9 approved of. This is the most favorable of the 3 options, and the one that would help sim9 still have time to focus on other stuff, without letting one of his best games go to waste.

As you can see AlexINF, these 2 options are NOT the same in anyway, and if you can figure out how they are the same, can you please explain to me as well?

btw/FYI, the quote button isn't working :(. I tried quoting both fury and Alex on 2 separate occasions in this thread and neither time did the quote appear.

Sure it don't dun work nascar? :P

"I'm a human bean" - TheGreatOnion 2016
"How dare you cheap button @-@" - irondude 2016 :P

"IRONDUDE IS BILL GATES!!!!" - The_Morphor 2016

"pyg" - kjh787

#7 nascarlaser1

nascarlaser1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

:morning:Morning all...

It just won't work for me. eh.... not to many people are responding so it really doesn't matter.

-Linus from snoopy.

#8 irondude

irondude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

:morning:     

Mornin Nascar, I'm back from church service, and Ok, lol.

*inb4 this thread is flooded with posts

"I'm a human bean" - TheGreatOnion 2016
"How dare you cheap button @-@" - irondude 2016 :P

"IRONDUDE IS BILL GATES!!!!" - The_Morphor 2016

"pyg" - kjh787

#9 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:13 AM

I changed my vote... That's true. Updating a game isn't selling it.

I could do it free if it is 8bitmmo.