Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I'm hopping on the bandwagon

Dont Lock This Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Pika

Pika

God of Deception

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:47 AM

I'm going to rush in here with some observations and advice that I have collected being such an old player of the game.

The game could use more work. I joined this place like 4 years ago and honestly, it isn't that different from now. The most significant change robby has made in the time I have been here in my opinion is pubpads, and then water as a second. The game is geared more towards the people that spend thousands because their requests get fulfilled but not the other players. Sure that sounds selfish and I just sound childish but I can't name a single time someone that isn't a moderator or someone like kjh has gotten an item made for them (correct me if I'm incorrect). You've gained 4-14 people online at a time since the time I joined; which started at 0, not including yourself. If you added more plat items and items and an actual story it could reel people into your game to where they spend money. It may not be the fastest way, but at least give people a memorable experience whenever they play instead of "what's this ugly sand? What's this place? Where do I go what do I do?" I understand it's a sandbox but at least have some other quests other than "kill these zombies." I miss all of the people that I used to play with and the playerbase is too young right now for you to make any money. I'd say most of the people that play are around the age of 10 and don't have the money to even get any plat items in the game. Even if they did get plat somehow and they went to go make a town it's not like there's much space to make a town in the empty world, which is nicer because nothing gets in your way of building, other than other builds. I'm pretty sure when people make large maps with a story is because the game has no story and they just want something fun for players to experience. I spent many many hours playing this game over the course of 4 years and what I did when there was nothing else to do (about 90% of time in the game) I placed grass around my towns.

I remember when the game was a fun thing to do. You hung out with your friends and it was a good surprise when they actually got on, and you wanted to spend as much time with them. I can never see those same people anymore because they're long gone. They forget about your game. Is it the game, or am I just not 9 years old anymore? I am seriously concerned about the future of this game and what I'll lose when it's gone. I feel like it'll suffer the same fate as another game made famous by Kongregate called "Fantasy Online" and they sadly couldn't make enough money anymore and they closed all servers on January 1st '15 or '14. I fear that this will suffer the same fate. Who will be there when kjh is gone? You focused on the bare minimum when it comes to funding, and now as it comes to development. The community you entrusted the game's future in is now turning against you because you seem to have obtained the mindset of "the community will take care of the game." People have gotten bored of stuff to do in the game and so drama has become a thing. The community tied a noose around the game's neck and is about to put it's own neck in a noose.

You may have some unspoken plans that we don't know of, and if you do then I am sorry for all of the inconveniences I and the community have given you. I know your job is tough and the criticism may be harsh but it seems like the only way it's going to get through to you. Break the noose, Robby. Don't become dust.

Don't lock this thread, thanks♥

Yes I know there is it's own thread for it but I feel like this was more necessary since it doesn't appear that you pay attention to that thread anymore.

#2 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:27 AM

100% agree with what you said there.

5JAvWIK.png    64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png

Name: CD87

Birthday: Unknown

Favorite item: KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Special ability: Can troll anyone, even Sim9

Gold count: Well, i'm poor :(

#3 T h e E p i c P i x e l

T h e E p i c P i x e l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Me = AGREE

s7rk2q5.gif

#4 Xerp

Xerp

"Water" abuser

• Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:07 AM

I Agree to Disagree.

1349379032172.gif

#5 Terrarian

Terrarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

Me = AGREE

I agree as well, even though the word "Me" is not the word "AGREE"

Just want to point that out, unless you're talking from a variable standpoint

Forums.getPoster().isAgree = true;
Forums.getPoster().Hide();
Post();
if(Me == AGREE) {return AGREE;}

bOJpS3V.gif

"If it doesn't work, try again.

If it still doesn't work, try a different way or work on a different idea.

When you solve the original problem in the different project, apply, test, and improve."

~ Me on how to succeed. Whether it be in programming, math, or life.

#6 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

Look. I don't know whats going on but Sim SEEMS to be in a position that he can NOT discuss what he is doing. That being said he did say WHEN he is able to make a comment about it. He hopes people will calm down witch people DO need to do.

So in the meantime chill and wait it out. YES we all know the game needs more updates and work and stuff but it is not going to magically help sim produce the results if he can't.

#7 irondude

irondude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

I completely agree, just ask most of the players that play right now, atleast a good 80% is aged 8-14 years old. 

The Other 20% is either the Moderators/Donators/People I keep on reporting too mods.

I had an idea, maybe ill see about getting some stuck-up millionaire to play this ;)

(im not saying people who are rich are stuck-up, just saying i meet someone in a game like that last night lmao)

Edited by irondude, 08 June 2016 - 09:35 PM.

"I'm a human bean" - TheGreatOnion 2016
"How dare you cheap button @-@" - irondude 2016 :P

"IRONDUDE IS BILL GATES!!!!" - The_Morphor 2016

"pyg" - kjh787

#8 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:49 AM

You know, if every person who played the game in the last month were willing to pay a monthly subscription, not only would the game be doing great financially, but I could afford time to do updates, and the entire plat system could be dumped entirely.

That's pretty unlikely though because 1) of the high percentage of people who only play for one day, and 2) the average player either doesn't have money or doesn't want to spend it on digital games.

#9 Terrarian

Terrarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:21 AM

Ykw, this whole "WE NED NWE STUF NAO" thing is getting kind of old actually.

15jaa2.jpg

Replace "comments" with "items" in reading :P

But seriously, sim9 hasn't added anything in a while, and it doesn't really seem as though he will, but begging isn't going to change that.

bOJpS3V.gif

When you solve the original problem in the different project, apply, test, and improve."

#10 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

You know, if every person who played the game in the last month were willing to pay a monthly subscription, not only would the game be doing great financially, but I could afford time to do updates, and the entire plat system could be dumped entirely.

That's pretty unlikely though because 1) of the high percentage of people who only play for one day, and 2) the average player either doesn't have money or doesn't want to spend it on digital games.

You can't throw away a plat system that has been invested in so highly now, players have spent £1000's of pounds/dollars, it's too late for that, which also goes hand in hand with the players not wanting to pay a monthly subscription anyways. So... I've thought of an idea although it might seem a horrendous idea at fist glance, the use of adverts could increase your financial gain. Now, you could go about this by applying them in the Server Select screen which is opened by every player when starting the game via Steam. I've opened Spotify to show you an example of how it could work.  http://i.imgur.com/z5NMJt1.png What I was listening to is besides the point, but you can see the advert isn't making any sound, isn't cluttering your screen but it's still serving it's purpose. It could work something like this. http://imgur.com/hYojvNP I'd like to point out, I'm not sponsored by Vodafone, they are the example. *prepares for tremendous hate* 

EMRlBNQ.png

#11 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:53 PM

Hmm Sharky raises a good point. However advertising only works if your game is popular enough for companies to want to pay you to advertise. That having been said. Games on kongragte have the right idea. You have the option to watch an ad and get a specific bonus based on the game.

Not too sure how that would work for 8bitmmo though. Watch an ad and get a plat seems too easy yet watch 4 to get one seems too little and long. 2k gold and you can watch a limited amount of them all at once or ever X hours you can watch one.

#12 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:53 PM

Ads aren't very effective at generating revenue, especially given the small user base size.

#13 Terrarian

Terrarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:29 AM

Hey sim, since ads and subscriptions aren't gonna work, how about making a small little project and setting it up on steam for like 99 cents or something. Idk, I'm no business professional :P.

bOJpS3V.gif

#14 Terrarian

Terrarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:56 AM

You know what?

If the issue with getting updates and information is a monetary one, sim9 could bring back ArchiveGames.

If you don't know what that is, it's like sim9's version of Steam, but dead.

If he brought it back, he could allow people to put games on there for free or for $$$, and if they cost $$$, then sim9 could get X percent of the cost.

Just an idea, but makes sense to me.

bOJpS3V.gif

#15 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

I agree as well, even though the word "Me" is not the word "AGREE"

Just want to point that out, unless you're talking from a variable standpoint

Forums.getPoster().isAgree = true;
Forums.getPoster().Hide();
Post();
if(Me == AGREE) {return AGREE;}

can u stahp saying code, u look like a machine lel

Robby, you can do a kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.org

There you can get lotsa moneys from donations and such, or you can also do a patreon page: http://www.patreon.com

#16 Terrarian

Terrarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

can u stahp saying code, u look like a machine lel

ERROR 1337
DISGUISE LOST
ABORT ABORT ABORT
EXCEPTION THROWN - DETAILS: COVER BLOWN
DISENGAGING DECRYPTOR . . .
LS0tLVstLS0tPis8XT4rKy4rLitbLT4rKysrKzxdPi4rKysuKysuWy0tLT4rPF0+KysrKy5bLT4rKzxdPisuKy4rWy0+KysrKys8XT4uKysrLisrLlstLS0+KzxdPisrKysuKytbLT4rKzxdPisuKysrKysrKysrKysrKy4uLS0tLisrKy4tWy0+KysrKzxdPisuKysrKysrKysrKysrKy4uLS0tLisrKy4tWy0+KysrKzxdPisuKysrKysrKysrKysrKy4uLS0tLisrKy4=

bOJpS3V.gif

#17 Morriganna

Morriganna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

I guess this is a good as any place to tell you Pika, that I don't hate you. I was just too lazy to tell you at an earlier date. By no means do I like you, I have no opinion of you at the moment. Which is good because when I have opinions, I let everyone know.

Love and Insanity, From Sunset

#18 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

Closing thread as this has gone offtopic (and there's several others on the original topic that existed before this one was opened anyway)