Photo
- - - - -

The best worst idea ever: 8bitmmonopoly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

What if we had a town based on a monopoly board which is used to play monopoly (what else, yahtzee?). Since this game is limited in that, let me make some changes:

-Only 4 players can play, each player represents a direction (top, bottom, left, right). 

-Currency is painstakingly remembered. The host writes everyone's money down (on a computer note, piece of paper or sign). Let's say the starting money is 2K.

-When a player buys something, a block representing the buyer (dirt for player 1, brick for player 2 etc) is put next to it.

-Houses are stacked blocks to save space, hotels are a different kind of block. 

-To make it easier, the middle of the board is cut out for items to be placed there.

-Cards are done with a die. It works like this:

Orange cards: 1=get out of jail free* 2=move to start 3=go to jail 4=go to last space on the map. 5=pay 50 for every house, 75 for every hotel and 6=cheapest card is sold back to the bank at half price. Full streets are immune.

Blue cards: 1=get 100 2=lose 100 3=get 200 4=lose 200 5=give every player 50 6=get 50 from every player

-The host rolls the die, the players stay on the spot because they act as their own mover.

-It's inconvenient, but prices will be written down on signs next to the space. House prices are 75 for lane 1, 150 for lane 2, 225 for lane 3 and 300 for lane 4. Hotels cost 100 for lane 1 etc.

-The board will be simplified. plastics and such will show the space. corner spaces (start, jail, free parking, go to jail) will be shown in checkers. card/tax blocks will be marked as well.

-With these simplifications, It's best to know the basic Monopoly layout. 

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#2 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

monopoly is a great idea, but i say why simplify it, i say play the real thing

#3 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

monopoly is a great idea, but i say why simplify it, i say play the real thing

Because what if we're lonely little trolls that dwell on the internet and live in our mother's basement huh?

Anyways, have you though about the Water and Electricity? The Train Stations? Rent?

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#4 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

Anyways, have you though about the Water and Electricity? The Train Stations? Rent?

Those will be on the board.

#5 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:55 PM

any game within a game like this involves a couple of key assumptions:

1) the players know how to play

2) the players are playing to have fun

3) the players wont cheat

now there are obviously many cases where some of the above are not true, but that doesnt matter because the game isnt built for those people

building games under theses assumptions allows for easier and more workarounds to overcome the limitations of what we can build/do

#6 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:29 AM

good idea but i feel like no one would be able to handle playing monopoly in 8bitmmo. normally it takes hours to play irl (for me at least) so in 8bitmmo it may take longer, even if it takes the same amount of time it would still be a LONG time. not sure if anyone has the dedication to actually stay for a whole game.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#7 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:23 PM

good idea but i feel like no one would be able to handle playing monopoly in 8bitmmo. normally it takes hours to play irl (for me at least) so in 8bitmmo it may take longer, even if it takes the same amount of time it would still be a LONG time. not sure if anyone has the dedication to actually stay for a whole game.

That's another problem. Maybe it should be done in a Rush style (Smaller board, no sightseeing rule, etc)

#8 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

yes monopoly takes a long time, but who says it all has to be played all at once? use signs to remember the board state, come back tomorrow

#9 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

yes monopoly takes a long time, but who says it all has to be played all at once? use signs to remember the board state, come back tomorrow

What happens to those who can't make it for some reason out of their control? That is a HUGE flaw with that rule.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#10 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

What happens to those who can't make it for some reason out of their control? That is a HUGE flaw with that rule.

if they cant make it tomorrow try to make it the next day, its not like there is anything depending on playing this game, its only for fun among friends