Photo

Are anyone here watching the SGDQ this year?

misc SDGQ speedrun non 8bitmmo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 LanxceRz

LanxceRz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:12 AM

[Instant Title Repeat] Are anyone here watching the SDGQ this year?

I'm not adverstising anyting outside 8bitmmo, I'm just curious  :mrgreen:

Is SGDQ fun? What is SGDQ anyway?

SGDQ is perfect for anyone who love to play old-school games such as Pokemon, MarioJump, Legend of Zelda, etc

The abbreviation SGDQ stand for Summer Games Done Quick itself, which means it is a show where bunch of world-class gamers meet at the SDGQ trying to complete an objective as fast as possible. (for instance, Pokemon Blue Hall-of-Fame in only 40 mins or complete the whole pokedex in just 4 hours). Don't be surprised though, the gamers are completely professional at this, which usually they do the game backward, not just go forward and follow the story etc. They use hardcore glitches, (not cheats) tricks, and sometimes, PURE BRUTE SKILLS (like tetris)

more info here: www.polygon.com/2015/7/24/9031807/what-is-sgdq-summer-games-done-quick

Sounds fun, where to watch?

It is fun. The game also have a donation system, which the whole donation goes to the charity.

This year charity, Doctor without Borders, not going to explain that further

You can watch it either on here: www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick or here https://gamesdonequick.com/

Watch it m8, You gonna love it  :mrgreen:

When you ran into trouble, and get cornered by your enemies, when you are left hopelessly, whod'ya gunna call?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.........

Potato ._.

#2 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

it actually sounds pretty interesting...

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#3 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

So... this a speedrun competition. Amazing, so much surprise that I haven't heard something of this kind!

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#4 LanxceRz

LanxceRz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

I know right? Also this is a LIVE STREAM show, so you must wait for the show itself begin to broadcast LIVE. You still can watch the past broadcast, though. Feel free to Watch the replays on the twitch link ;)

When you ran into trouble, and get cornered by your enemies, when you are left hopelessly, whod'ya gunna call?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.........

Potato ._.

#5 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

Is my laptop's understanding of a post made 'today' off, or am I missing something? Because I'm pretty sure it finished only a few hours after you posted this.

Also, don't like your own posts. If you're that desperate for likes, try posting things people agree with.

"Meep" - Meep

#6 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

Is my laptop's understanding of a post made 'today' off, or am I missing something? Because I'm pretty sure it finished only a few hours after you posted this.

Also, don't like your own posts. If you're that desperate for likes, try posting things people agree with.

i think he purposely made the thread a few hours before it ended, no point in making it 2 months before it starts :/ and he only joined forums recently so maybe thats also why?

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png