Photo
- - - - -

My Steam Review

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Well, I want to make a Steam Review after 100+ hours. You'll probably ask: WHY THE HELL DID YOU POST A STEAM REVIEW HERE?.

Because you can indentify my grammar error, what i'm missing (as i'll copy the whole  review here to Steam for saving time)  :idea: 

Note: This topic review only include the pros, the cons, and overrall.

PROs

The world: The world in-game is HUGE, and (almost) everything is built by players, you can build your home, your town, your creation, relies on your imagination. There're also a lot of fan arts in-game for you to look at, dungeons for you to conquer, and a lot more for you to explore. Even though there're still abandoned and "decayed" towns and houses, which make the world look messy) the moderators are cleaning those ruins days after days. ( Mods did there best). Afterall, in 8bitMMO world, the possibilities are endless. 8/10

The music: Well, for me, the music is great (especially the dungeon music) 9/10

Free to play: Some other reviews say that this game is pay-2-win, but those are wrong reviews. The currency in this game are gold (basic currency in-game) and platinum ( real money needed!). You can find 2000g per 15 minutes for every 45 minutes (due to the gold system), and what does a normal block cost? 1g, 1G ONLY!. The most expensive block? Marble (35g). So what can we use platinum for? Well, if you want specific clothes, deadly traps, pay-2-open doors, buyboxes to create a shop and/or monster spawners, then you must have it! But except the clothes, all other items can be traded between other player, or randomly from the Mystery Box (3750g). For example, you can have a spike floor for 1 platinum from the shop, or from another player for around 1500-2000g. I know,  it's a bit grindy, but come on, you need only 15 minutes for grinding! 10/10

The community (attitude): I have to say, the community is VERY nice to you! They always help you and be there when you need help, and the mods are sometimes funny as well! But there're still some trolls. ( forum mostly) 8/10

Cons

The turorial and the basic quest: Although the dialog are hilarious, but it still can't teach us clearly about the basic things, such as how to get more gold, how to use Z-Axis Lock (a tool you'll need to create massive project), what are the commands in-game, ...  It doesn't even tell us to press F1 for help! The basic quest is kinda boring, as they only tell you to place blocks, not killing mobs, not killing people,.... and can make people quit. It need to be improved a lot! 2/10

The community (quantity): This is the down side of the community. On average, there're only 30 people online everyday, and this is NOT a big number for an MMO game. You can barely see anyone in the world except Root (the  town for homeless hero :P ) and popular places, unless they invite you to their place or found them randomly. 1/10

Overall:  6/10: Mixed in Positive side.

Well, it's a good game to try out! Also, i'm making a new game mode for this game. I hope this will bring more players. :P.

That's the end of the review. If you appreciate my 2-hour typing, google-translating, steam review researching, then click like this! (or throw me some bricks, only the people in my country can understand this :mrgreen: 

(Please move this topic if i posted in the wrong area) lol

5JAvWIK.png    64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png

Name: CD87

Birthday: Unknown

Favorite item: KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Special ability: Can troll anyone, even Sim9

Gold count: Well, i'm poor :(

#2 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

Grammar nazi is here

Well, I want to make a Steam Review after 100+ hours. You'll probably ask: WHY THE HELL DID YOU POST A STEAM REVIEW HERE?.
Because you can indentify my grammar error, and what I'm missing (as I'll copy the whole review here to Steam for saving time) :idea:
Note: This topic review only includes the pros, the cons, and overall.

PROs
The world: The world in-game is HUGE, and (almost) everything is built by players, you can build your home, your town, your creation, relies on your imagination. There're also a lot of fan arts in-game for you to look at, dungeons for you to conquer, and a lot more for you to explore. Even though there're still abandoned and "decayed" towns and houses, (which make the world look messy) the moderators are cleaning those ruins days after days. ( Mods did their best). After all, in 8bitMMO world, the possibilities are endless. 8/10
The music: Well, for me, the music is great (especially the dungeon music) 9/10
Free to play: Some other reviews say that this game is pay-2-win, but those reviews are wrong. The currency in this game is gold (basic currency in-game) and platinum (real money needed!). You can find 2000g per 15 minutes for every 45 minutes (due to the gold system), and what does a normal block cost? 1g, 1G ONLY!. The most expensive block? Marble (35g). So what can we use platinum for? Well, if you want specific clothes, deadly traps, pay-2-open doors, buyboxes to create a shop and/or monster spawners, then you must have it! But except the clothes, all other items can be traded between other players, or randomly from the Mystery Box (3750g). For example, you can have a spike floor for 1 platinum from the shop, or from another player for around 1500-2000g. I know, it's a bit grindy, but come on, you need only 15 minutes for grinding! 10/10
The community (attitude): I have to say, the community is VERY nice to you! They always help you and be there when you need help, and the mods are sometimes funny as well! But there're still some trolls. (forum mostly) 8/10

Cons
The turorial and the basic quest: Although the dialog is hilarious, it still can't teach us clearly about the basic things, such as how to get more gold, how to use Z-Axis Lock (a tool you'll need to create a massive project), what are the commands in-game, ... It doesn't even tell us to press F1 for help! The basic quest is kinda boring, as they only tell you to place blocks, not killing mobs, not killing people,.... and can make people quit. It need to be improved a lot! 2/10
The community (quantity): This is the down side of the community. On average, there're only 30 people online everyday, and this is NOT a big number for an MMO game. You can barely see anyone in the world except Root (the town for homeless heroes :P ) and popular places, unless they invite you to their place or find them randomly. 1/10

Overall: 6/10: Mixed in Positive side.

Well, it's a good game to try out! Also, I'm making a new game mode for this game. I hope this will bring more players. :P.

That's the end of the review. If you appreciate my 2-hour typing, google-translating, steam review researching, then click like this! (or throw me some bricks, only the people in my country can understand this :mrgreen:)

(Please move this topic if i posted in the wrong area) lol

Done (I edited your quote)

Although I'd say that the small community is a plus because it means that trolls and scammers are much more well known for trolling and scamming and can't get away with it easily, it also eliminates the bystander effect (https://en.m.wikiped...ystander_effect) and it means everyone knows you, and there's usually still someone trying to sell what you're trying to buy or vice versa, and I think the community being small is one of the reasons it's so good
Also for a non-native English speaker your English is pretty good, I noticed very few mistakes in your post
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#3 TheWorldWideGamer

TheWorldWideGamer

Twig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

I dont really think there is dungeon music, unless it has been added :P but if there is, sorry about this XD

yi6Nirl.png?1sEohKdJ.png?164x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu

XUERaBA.gif

#4 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:41 AM

Grammar nazi is here
Done (I edited your quote)

Although I'd say that the small community is a plus because it means that trolls and scammers are much more well known for trolling and scamming and can't get away with it easily, it also eliminates the bystander effect (https://en.m.wikiped...ystander_effect) and it means everyone knows you, and there's usually still someone trying to sell what you're trying to buy or vice versa, and I think the community being small is one of the reasons it's so good
Also for a non-native English speaker your English is pretty good, I noticed very few mistakes in your post

I dont really think there is dungeon music, unless it has been added :P but if there is, sorry about this XD

If your town in Dungeon mode, the music will be different from other.

By the way,  next time if i meet you in-game, we'll have a battle. I hope I'll move on to the next person in Sap's challenge.

#5 TheWorldWideGamer

TheWorldWideGamer

Twig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:46 AM

If your town in Dungeon mode, the music will be different from other.

By the way,  next time if i meet you in-game, we'll have a battle. I hope I'll move on to the next person in Sap's challenge.

Thanks for clearing that up XD and sure! Good to see people wanting to try!

yi6Nirl.png?1sEohKdJ.png?164x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu

XUERaBA.gif

#6 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:16 AM

After 2 and a half years of playing I didn't know F1 opened help

Actually Draco's quest DOES tell you how to do the Z-axis work, most people just don't bother doing it or don't pay much attention. That's not on sim9, really

Well it doesn't tell me clearly enough to use. It took me 10 days to understand how it works. Also that tool is kinda hard to use when it reaches 200+. ( forgot to mention)

#7 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

Cowboy pumpkin with pink shirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

I would rate the community 6/10 lately i seen more trolls than cooperative/nice players.

#8 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

No quests for killing mobs... R.I.P. Tutorial Zombie. Experience is it's own reward!

"Meep" - Meep