Photo
- - - - -

New Ideas for 8bitMMO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 porter7

porter7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

New ideas for 8bitMMO.

Boxes

The Dump Box. This box would be a box where other people can put stuff in the box but only the owner could take items out. Anyone can view the items. Normal cost: 3-4 plat (depending on size)

The Password Box. This box would be a public box to anyone with the password. Anyone can view the items. Normal cost: 5-6 plat (depending on size)

The Key Box. A box that is opened with the key to that box. Normal cost: 5-6 plat (depending on size)

The Level Box. The box that is only opened if you have a high enough level. Normal cost: 4-5 plat (depending on size)

Misc.

The Color Block. This block can be edited with gold. Normal cost: 1000g

The Rainbow Block. A multicolored block. Normal cost: 1000g

Block slices. As well as full and half blocks, there could be a fourth block. Normal cost: same cost as half size blocks.

Jump Capabilities.

Edible Cake. A block bought in the household goods section. Heals 5 health. Normal cost: 10g

Traps

The Auto Pad. A trap that instantly sends the player to the Root (or wilderness or another pad). Normal cost: 5 plat

The Death Block. Step on this block and automatic death shall come to you.

Hi? Now get away from me, you have germs.

#2 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

Doesn't the spike give automatic death if you step on it?
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#3 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

And isn't this type of thing supposed to go in the Suggestion Box?

Dire Game Reviewer is not impressed

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#4 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

No one uses it? I used it for a while.

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#5 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

No one uses it though.....

Actually people do use it, it's just a lot of the people who do are newbs
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png

#6 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:05 AM

Uhh... armor? Are you talking to me?

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#7 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

Uhh... armor? Are you talking to me?

No, The dev, how would you release an update? :/
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png

#8 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:44 AM

My Thoughts:

Dump Box- /tele recycle

Password Box- Useful for secret societies/factions but I think town boxes would do.

Key Boxes- This won't work on dungeon level: You see, unless Sim makes items reoccur in the box, this won't work. and I like I said, Town boxes.

Level Boxes- Kinda useless....

Colour Block- Why the hell would you buy something worth 1000g just to choose the colour. It's just like you want madman, me and some other pixel artists to be out of job!

Block Slices- Refer to page 39 of Building like a Pro: "Using Tables to your advantage"

Auto Pad- Trolls could automatically abuse this and troll everyone.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#9 matey1235

matey1235

Blastoise for lief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

And isn't this type of thing supposed to go in the Suggestion Box?

Suggestion box is total crap, and no-one sees it except for some people. 

Oh god ninja'd by abt.

lame artist | weirdo | roleplayer | gamer | non-religious | bored | male

i make stuff. sometimes. and im working on more stuff. maybe.

#10 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

>posting suggestion

Also dump box HAS been suggested before and isnt actually a bad idea, but shouldnt be called a dump box

block slices? RIP andy lu and his glitch blocks

edible cake? but the cake is a lie

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#11 porter7

porter7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

My Thoughts:

Dump Box- /tele recycle

Password Box- Useful for secret societies/factions but I think town boxes would do.

Key Boxes- This won't work on dungeon level: You see, unless Sim makes items reoccur in the box, this won't work. and I like I said, Town boxes.

Colour Block- Why the hell would you buy something worth 1000g just to choose the colour. It's just like you want madman, me and some other pixel artists to be out of job!

Block Slices- Refer to page 39 of Building like a Pro: "Using Tables to your advantage"

btw The Death Block is less sensitive than the spike. The Color Block is a solid color with no textures at all. Block slices are useful. Tables are not cool. And it is stools not tables. And it is 1/4 of a block not a whole block. Auto Pads are expensive and trolls are not people with plat. Level boxes just popped into my head. Key boxes are used so people can be not a citizen but still get the item. Password Boxes are used for a secret society but you still don't have to be a citizen. Dump Boxes, as i said, only one person may take items. Also could be used to showcase items.

Also armor? Not a bad idea.

I would make red blue and white armor.

#12 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

btw The Death Block is less sensitive than the spike. The Color Block is a solid color with no textures at all. Block slices are useful. Tables are not cool. And it is stools not tables. And it is 1/4 of a block not a whole block. Auto Pads are expensive and trolls are not people with plat. Level boxes just popped into my head. Key boxes are used so people can be not a citizen but still get the item. Password Boxes are used for a secret society but you still don't have to be a citizen. Dump Boxes, as i said, only one person may take items. Also could be used to showcase items.

Also armor? Not a bad idea.

I would make red blue and white armor.

One person? You mean like donations? I've think /tele recycle is a good enough donation box. and why would you DISPLAY SOMETHING, WHEN YOU CAN PLACE IT.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#13 Pika

Pika

God of Deception

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

My Thoughts:

Dump Box- /tele recycle

A password box would allow people in a secret society/faction to have special access to special items in the group. A town box would make it so EVERYONE has access ti special information. Like if you recruit someone you don't want them to have complete access to everything.

#14 porter7

porter7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

One person? You mean like donations? I've think /tele recycle is a good enough donation box. and why would you DISPLAY SOMETHING, WHEN YOU CAN PLACE IT.

You can't place more than 2 spawners in a region. You can have multiple in the box. 

And pika is right.

#15 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:21 PM

the donation box isnt a bad idea, its a good way to get people to donate blocks, like gold in safes, but not many people donate to safes anyway so it might not be very effective ._. password box would be cool, for maybe competitions where you tell the winner the pw so only he can open the box etc.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#16 porter7

porter7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

the donation box isnt a bad idea, its a good way to get people to donate blocks, like gold in safes, but not many people donate to safes anyway so it might not be very effective ._. password box would be cool, for maybe competitions where you tell the winner the pw so only he can open the box etc.

Good point. :infinity:  The Password Box could be used that way, but in that manner a new password would have to be made after every time. :bad-word:

#17 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:31 PM

Yes, we need a non-gold donation box.

Maybe a plat donation box too?

b4 plat donation, lets make plat trade able :D

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#18 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:52 AM

My Thoughts:
Dump Box- /tele recycle

Dump box- not /tele recycle because only the owner can take items out
Password box- A townbox wouldn't replace it because townboxes only work in towns and not everyone has a town, also you may not want people building in your town, but still want a junk exchange box for you and other certain people
Key box- dungeons wouldn't be their only use
Level box- I actually agree with you here
Color block- good idea, but should be cheaper, more around 100-200g
Rainbow block- uh... Okay...
Block slices- would be useful for decoration, aren't supposed to be a replacement for stools
Autopads- will more than likely cost plat and trolls don't tend to spend money on trolling people
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png

#19 porter7

porter7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

Password box- A townbox wouldn't replace it because townboxes only work in towns and not everyone has a town, also you may not want people building in your town, but still want a junk exchange box for you and other certain people
Block slices- would be useful for decoration, aren't supposed to be a replacement for stools
Autopads- will more than likely cost plat and trolls don't tend to spend money on trolling people

This is what I am talking about. Level Box just popped into my head.

Also Lego, why are you opposing everything I suggest?

#20 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

dump box (should be called donation box) is not a bad idea,

pw box is not a bad idea either, lots of people suggested it, clearly it has a popular demand.

key box is useless! just use pw boxes.

level box, useless! we barely use level doors!

color block~just get more plastics.

rainbow block: 2 blinding 4 me. *madman dies of epileptic attack.

block slices: RIP andy lu and his amazing glitch block designs, not needed, let andy do his thing :P

Autopads: spikes do there job pretty well, the auto pad sending you to the wild or to another pad is pretty useless.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png