Photo

New suggestion: name change for plat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

Make a new =67 map, where any leveled players can go, with interesting new terrain.

new boxtech: safe box. works like a safe but for storing items. anyone can put blocks in, but cant take out unless they open the box with a password.

pocketunivser teleporter: a gold version of the linkpad. you can link this to another pocketuniverse teleporter in a pocketuniverse you own. The ID of the pocketuniverse teleporter is unique to the pocket universe. only 1 allowed in a pocketuniverse. this way you can quickly tele between your own pocket universes and they cant really get abused since it has to be in YOUR pocketuniverse and only one in each.

scratch all above out^

new suggestion: name change for plat. cost: 10-20plat. description: allows you to change your name to something else (that isnt taken).

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#2 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

Make a new =67 map, where any leveled players can go, with interesting new terrain.

new boxtech: safe box. works like a safe but for storing items. anyone can put blocks in, but cant take out unless they open the box with a password.

pocketunivser teleporter: a gold version of the linkpad. you can link this to another pocketuniverse teleporter in a pocketuniverse you own. The ID of the pocketuniverse teleporter is unique to the pocket universe. only 1 allowed in a pocketuniverse. this way you can quickly tele between your own pocket universes and they cant really get abused since it has to be in YOUR pocketuniverse and only one in each.

Technically speaking, =67 is already a map. Plus if made, we need a broken bridge for large areas of water. As the idea says, it is a 'basic bridge' but has lots of holes.

And the pocket teleporter is really a convenience, not a need.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#3 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

Technically speaking, =67 is already a map. Plus if made, we need a broken bridge for large areas of water. As the idea says, it is a 'basic bridge' but has lots of holes.

And the pocket teleporter is really a convenience, not a need.

arent all items a convenience not a need? also by =67 i meant a new map, and the terrain WOULD BE DIFFERENT so who knows, there may be no water at all and its just sand and dirt!

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#4 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

arent all items a convenience not a need? also by =67 i meant a new map, and the terrain WOULD BE DIFFERENT so who knows, there may be no water at all and its just sand and dirt!

Nope. Swords are needed for fighting off enemies.

And what kind of a map includes no water? Unless it's a desert, then no. And generated structures would be AWESOME. And in the new map, maybe it might include a new CARE PACKAGE that drops twice during a week, and includes some gold, approx. 5000g, and maybe one or two low priced plat items, like spikes and will have just some blocks with it.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#5 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

a) too much in one topic

b ) a third map  has been suggested multiple times before, even by sim9 himself (http://forums.8bitmm...-map/?hl=locked'), but has never actually been done

c) =67 actually already exists, its where the 2nd part of tutorial is located

d) you mean just mean a purple telepad link the one in root?

#6 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

I suggest that if a new map is made, it needs more blocks like sand and dirt (and maybe a little marble here and there) and it'd also be cool if it was more like continents and a few islands in the ocean, perhaps even make it a map of the World, but I'm not sure if we really need a new map yet. Also the safe box is a good idea, but I don't know about the PU linkpads
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#7 BetaRuler

BetaRuler

is made of pink text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:26 AM

I'll sound really harsh, but I say your proposing nothing but quantity over quality, we already have plenty of space to build in and linkpads already do everything you proposed. I can't see much 'use' for such boxes either, a safe like box your spose to 'donate' to now? Players barely donate to safes! Also, whats stopping you putting a public box behind a password door? Same effect.

:beta: Providing you an unnecessary dose of nonsense anytime! :beta:

#8 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:08 AM

Also, whats stopping you putting a public box behind a password door? Same effect.[/b][/color]

How would someone get to the box to donate? How would you keep them from taking stuff out? I think a password box is a good idea, although it might be complicated to code
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png

#9 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

a) too much in one topic

b ) a third map  has been suggested multiple times before, even by sim9 himself (http://forums.8bitmm...-map/?hl=locked'), but has never actually been done

c) =67 actually already exists, its where the 2nd part of tutorial is located

d) you mean just mean a purple telepad link the one in root?

would you rather me have made 3 different threads for each idea? also by =67 i just meant a new map ._.

guys go vote for this (not my idea just thought it would be helpful) http://8bitmmo.userv...board-box-meter

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#10 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:46 AM

new suggestion: name change for plat. cost: 10-20plat. description: allows you to change your name to something else (that isnt taken).

you may not know about it, becasue sim9 kinda keeps it on the down low, but you can change your name. Remember when Jimmy was jimmy.fritter?

ive talked with sim is the past about it (due to problems with asedita1 vs. aseditaL) and what i got from our conversations is that he can changed peoples names, but he doesnt like to because it requires a server reset, and has the possibility of crashing the game.  

#11 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:03 AM

you may not know about it, becasue sim9 kinda keeps it on the down low, but you can change your name. Remember when Jimmy was jimmy.fritter?

ive talked with sim is the past about it (due to problems with asedita1 vs. aseditaL) and what i got from our conversations is that he can changed peoples names, but he doesnt like to because it requires a server reset, and has the possibility of crashing the game.  

i know he can do it, it's just he only does it if its necessary, not for our luxury. whereas with my idea, people can buy it any time.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#12 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:08 AM

i know he can do it, it's just he only does it if its necessary, not for our luxury. whereas with my idea, people can buy it any time.

but he doesnt like to because it requires a server reset, and has the possibility of crashing the game.  

#13 Pika

Pika

God of Deception

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

What if he could fix it so you can change a name? Something has to be fixed.

#14 BetaRuler

BetaRuler

is made of pink text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

How would someone get to the box to donate? How would you keep them from taking stuff out? I think a password box is a good idea, although it might be complicated to code

So why would some one donate items to a box? People BARELY donate to safes. So please don't be kidding me to think otherwise.

:beta: Providing you an unnecessary dose of nonsense anytime! :beta:

#15 Pika

Pika

God of Deception

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

So why would some one donate items to a box? People BARELY donate to safes. So please don't be kidding me to think otherwise.

You could always force people to pay a safe :P

#16 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

So why would some one donate items to a box? People BARELY donate to safes. So please don't be kidding me to think otherwise.

They could be useful for the TSCP, would make for easier townstone donation. Would also make it easier to donate items to other charities. Also gold and items are different, who has extra gold they don't want? But I'm sure plenty of people have items they don't want. Also would make it possible for secret socities of 8bitMMO to have their own box for dropping off useless items and picking up needed ones, not that I would know of any secret societies or anything if that's what you may or may not wonder because I'm clearly not part of a secret society because the very concept of secret societies is absolutely absurd

Hail Hydrate!
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png

#17 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:28 AM

I'm just gonna point this out: Although there is a lot of water in =66, it's still "land" that you can place a townstone on. As such, there is loads of land left in =66. We don't need a new map just yet.

7f44484767.png

#18 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

I'm just gonna point this out: Although there is a lot of water in =66, it's still "land" that you can place a townstone on. As such, there is loads of land left in =66. We don't need a new map just yet.

the level 4 restriction is what's annoying. Most noobs leave the game cause they dont know where to build since the wildepad takes them to places that they cant build in. a new map with no level restrictions means more towns that can hold noobs which just might make them stay a bit longer.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#19 Pika

Pika

God of Deception

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

the level 4 restriction is what's annoying. Most noobs leave the game cause they dont know where to build since the wildepad takes them to places that they cant build in. a new map with no level restrictions means more towns that can hold noobs which just might make them stay a bit longer.

We just need a mass clearing of =65. More mods should clear more stuff so that newer players can build (and probably stay). But this this happens we would have less building that you could be able to destroy. There should also be a clear cut explanation of Pocket Universes.

#20 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

Everything outside of towns could be nuked, but there are some legit wilde-constructions.

yeah there are, so the mods dont want to remove them. also houses that aren't fully made are mostly new blocks that cant get removed :(

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png