Photo

madman's mlg guide to pvp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:33 AM

Madman's mlg guide to pvp

Welcome to my MLG guide to pvp, where you will learn all there is to learn about pvp.

Starting of we will go over weaponry and their uses/characteristics

starting of i will discuss the properties of the sword weapons. white sword: deals 1dmg. blue sword: deals 3 dmg. red sword: deals 6 dmg. totally mlg laser sword that i still want robby to add: deals 8dmg.

in this picture below, the red marks the area the sword will damage, while the yellow marks the place the sword holder would stand. Note in all pictures i am facing north.

JZMJhm2.png

Also please note the sword will deal damage to all enemies in front of you one block, also it will deal 1 block from each side of the sword. So standing on that yellow block, my sword would shoot out going through the middle of the red block. from each side of the sword the damage would go 1block meaning it deals damage to players standing on the halves closer to me on the 2 blocks to the right and left of the red block (the badly drawn areas in the picture above show the extra damage area. 

Next up i will speak about the laser rifle and pixel pistol. The laser rifle deals 9 damage while the pixel pistol deals 3damage.

The range of the laser rifle and pixel pistol is 8blocks forward from where i stand, and the approximate charge up time of the laser rifle is 3 seconds (still need to confirm) The laser rifle and pixel pistol also deal 1block to each side of the beam like the sword does.  The badly shaded in areas of the picture below show the damage range of the laser rifleM8Sqt6k.png

Next up i will speak about the hammer. It deals 10damage however it takes about 3 seconds to spin around before damaging all enemies that are in its attack range when the spin cycle completes. The cycle is a 360 degrees spin. After using a hammer it takes about 1-2 seconds before you can use it again. Its range is 2 blocks out in every direction as shown in the picture below. It also damages opponents at \up to 80 z axis above you while other weapons only hurt enemies at the same axis level.

ePoYkXa.png

Note: all weapons can hit multiple targets

Next i speak about the art of pvp healing. Often during pvp you will want to heal up. however you may be in a heated battle where you can not place food down to eat or perhaps you CAN'T place food since you are not a citizen in that town. WELL FEAR NO MORE. The art of inventory healing will help. it is often referred to as pvp healing and basically it's eating food IN YOUR inventory. Right clicking an edible item in your inventory for example a soda will allow you to consume it. During a battle it may be hard to fight while opening your inventory and eating so before the battle make sure to have your inventory open and on the side of your screen, i like to keep mine over where the quest window is normally found. During a battle if you want to pvp healing just run away from the opponent while eating food from your inventory but make sure to run in all sort of weird directions to avoid getting hit by long range items such as laser rifles or pixel pistols.

Now i will discuss how to quick swap from any other weapon over to your white/blue/red sword. Basically open your inventory, click on a block so its your active block, then click on the weapon you want to use like the laser rifle. Then head into battle and use the laser rifle, while using it if you have the desire to swap to your sword just press r(or your place button) and now the previously selected block will be active, then press space and BOOM your sword pops out and you have just surprised your opponent by swapping from one weapon to another in a matter of seconds.

Tips on pvp:

When trying to escape an opponent make sure not to run into any walls and DON'T SLOW DOWN.

Make sure to run in irregular directions to avoid them hitting you with ranged weapons.

Use your surroundings to your advantage. for example if the opponent is a well known ranged weapon user, hide behind blocks or town stones. Ranged weapons can not pass through blocks and using your surroundings to your advantage will give you time to pvp heal or run away.

When using the laser rifle don't hold down for too long, or else you will get hurt and lose 9 health.

The laser rifle is a very demanding weapon cost wise and skill wise. But if you have good timing this may be the weapon for you. laser rifle users often run around and release the laser at you from a safe distance, however the laser only fires north south east and west meaning if you are always diagonal from them they will not be able to hit you.

Pixel pistols is more for spammers who will just spam space from a safe distance.

Hammers are a powerful weapon however the time it takes to complete a cycle and the drawback are not very helpful. For example during the time when the hammer is still completing its cycle, the user may not move making them vulnerable to laser or pixel pistol users who can shoot them from out of the hammer cycle range. Sword users may also easily run out of the cycle during the time it takes to complete a cycle meaning its quite weak in 1v1's however in team fights it is helpful since many players will be running around and the hammer can catch them off guard. Also even if you die after pressing space, the cycle will stay there and complete itself.

When using swords don't just charge at your opponent spamming space. Make sure to make a few turns and curves and time pressing space bar right so you will hit them. however spamming space will work but it isn't as effective.

Well that brings me to the end of my mlg guide to pvp, i hope it helped out and thanks for reading (unless the wall of words gave you a heart attack)

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#2 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:17 AM

Madman's mlg guide to pvp

Welcome to my MLG guide to pvp, where you will learn all there is to learn about pvp.

Starting of we will go over weaponry and their uses/characteristics

starting of i will discuss the properties of the sword weapons. white sword: deals 1dmg. blue sword: deals 3 dmg. red sword: deals 6 dmg. totally mlg laser sword that i still want robby to add: deals 8dmg.

in this picture below, the red marks the area the sword will damage, while the yellow marks the place the sword holder would stand. Note in all pictures i am facing north.

JZMJhm2.png

Also please note the sword will deal damage to all enemies in front of you one block, also it will deal 1 block from each side of the sword. So standing on that yellow block, my sword would shoot out going through the middle of the red block. from each side of the sword the damage would go 1block meaning it deals damage to players standing on the halves closer to me on the 2 blocks to the right and left of the red block (the badly drawn areas in the picture above show the extra damage area. 

Next up i will speak about the laser rifle and pixel pistol. The laser rifle deals 9 damage while the pixel pistol deals 3damage.

The range of the laser rifle and pixel pistol is 8blocks forward from where i stand, and the approximate charge up time of the laser rifle is 3 seconds (still need to confirm) The laser rifle and pixel pistol also deal 1block to each side of the beam like the sword does.  The badly shaded in areas of the picture below show the damage range of the laser rifleM8Sqt6k.png

Next up i will speak about the hammer. It deals 10damage however it takes about 3 seconds to spin around before damaging all enemies that are in its attack range when the spin cycle completes. The cycle is a 360 degrees spin. After using a hammer it takes about 1-2 seconds before you can use it again. Its range is 2 blocks out in every direction as shown in the picture below. It also damages opponents at any z axis level while other weapons only hurt enemies at the same axis level.

ePoYkXa.png

Note: all weapons can hit multiple targets

Next i speak about the art of pvp healing. Often during pvp you will want to heal up. however you may be in a heated battle where you can not place food down to eat or perhaps you CAN'T place food since you are not a citizen in that town. WELL FEAR NO MORE. The art of inventory healing will help. it is often referred to as pvp healing and basically it's eating food IN YOUR inventory. Right clicking an edible item in your inventory for example a soda will allow you to consume it. During a battle it may be hard to fight while opening your inventory and eating so before the battle make sure to have your inventory open and on the side of your screen, i like to keep mine over where the quest window is normally found. During a battle if you want to pvp healing just run away from the opponent while eating food from your inventory but make sure to run in all sort of weird directions to avoid getting hit by long range items such as laser rifles or pixel pistols.

Now i will discuss how to quick swap from any other weapon over to your white/blue/red sword. Basically open your inventory, click on a block so its your active block, then click on the weapon you want to use like the laser rifle. Then head into battle and use the laser rifle, while using it if you have the desire to swap to your sword just press r(or your place button) and now the previously selected block will be active, then press space and BOOM your sword pops out and you have just surprised your opponent by swapping from one weapon to another in a matter of seconds.

Tips on pvp:

When trying to escape an opponent make sure not to run into any walls and DON'T SLOW DOWN.

Make sure to run in irregular directions to avoid them hitting you with ranged weapons.

Use your surroundings to your advantage. for example if the opponent is a well known ranged weapon user, hide behind blocks or town stones. Ranged weapons can not pass through blocks and using your surroundings to your advantage will give you time to pvp heal or run away.

When using the laser rifle don't hold down for too long, or else you will get hurt and lose 9 health.

The laser rifle is a very demanding weapon cost wise and skill wise. But if you have good timing this may be the weapon for you. laser rifle users often run around and release the laser at you from a safe distance, however the laser only fires north south east and west meaning if you are always diagonal from them they will not be able to hit you.

Pixel pistols is more for spammers who will just spam space from a safe distance.

Hammers are a powerful weapon however the time it takes to complete a cycle and the drawback are not very helpful. For example during the time when the hammer is still completing its cycle, the user may not move making them vulnerable to laser or pixel pistol users who can shoot them from out of the hammer cycle range. Sword users may also easily run out of the cycle during the time it takes to complete a cycle meaning its quite weak in 1v1's however in team fights it is helpful since many players will be running around and the hammer can catch them off guard. Also even if you die after pressing space, the cycle will stay there and complete itself.

When using swords don't just charge at your opponent spamming space. Make sure to make a few turns and curves and time pressing space bar right so you will hit them. however spamming space will work but it isn't as effective.

Well that brings me to the end of my mlg guide to pvp, i hope it helped out and thanks for reading (unless the wall of words gave you a heart attack)

P.S You should add that running in diagonal when versing a ranged play like Grand Master Sapphy. Plus, study your map well. It works to know the map like the back of your hand, so if you find any hidden spots, use it to your advantage. When creating PvP maps, try to use variety of blocks like sand,water and road and to add some strats, add hidden places for the player. 

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#3 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:21 AM

P.S You should add that running in diagonal when versing a ranged play like Grand Master Sapphy. Plus, study your map well. It works to know the map like the back of your hand, so if you find any hidden spots, use it to your advantage. When creating PvP maps, try to use variety of blocks like sand,water and road and to add some strats, add hidden places for the player. 

did you read it all? i stated to stand in a diagonal position from ranged weapon users, also i said use your surroundings to your advantage which covers all of those.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#4 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:23 AM

did you read it all? i stated to stand in a diagonal position from ranged weapon users, also i said use your surroundings to your advantage which covers all of those.

Um, nope. You did not state the tips on making a pvp map. (that will probably never get used.) 

Plus, which shirt are you wearing in the photos? 

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#5 Pika

Pika

God of Deception

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:24 AM

Booo I em wey better dan dis

#6 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:25 AM

Booo I em wey better dan dis

This is suppose to be for new players who don't understand how PvP works in 8BitMMO. Plus madman, add a PvE area.

#7 Pika

Pika

God of Deception

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

This is suppose to be for new players who don't understand how PvP works in 8BitMMO. Plus madman, add a PvE area.

How do you have 

• -999,441 posts?

#8 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

How do you have 

• -999,441 posts?

Hm... let see, THIS IS NOT RELATED.

#9 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

pve is pretty simple, just use the skills from pvp except on a dumb bot mob.

How do you have 

• -999,441 posts?

he did too many off topic posts and got set to -999,999

Um, nope. You did not state the tips on making a pvp map. (that will probably never get used.) 

Plus, which shirt are you wearing in the photos? 

tropical shirt, one of the new shirts (5 new ones got added with pass word door

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#10 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Does sapphy approve of this pvp guide? F

T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#11 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

dank

snip your quote, nobody wants to see that wall of pictures again

rrqlql.png

#12 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

How do you have 

• -999,441 posts?

You make irrelevant questions like that, thats how :P

And madman, when you said about quick swapping weapons, it's better to double tap "Q"

Oh, and can you change that really light pink text, and yellow text to something darker?

One last thing I shall mention, is that the hammer does NOT hit on any z axis. It doesn't go below you. And its upward height is not infinite.. I think it reaches like 80 z axis above where used.

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#13 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

You make irrelevant questions like that, thats how :P

And madman, when you said about quick swapping weapons, it's better to double tap "Q"

Oh, and can you change that really light pink text, and yellow text to something darker?

One last thing I shall mention, is that the hammer does NOT hit on any z axis. It doesn't go below you. And its upward height is not infinite.. I think it reaches like 80 z axis above where used.

r and space works fine cuz after pressing space u get in one hit. also thanks for that hammer tip, ill add

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png