Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion: Chat Rooms

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

I think we need different chat rooms for different topics.

Maybe like English, Trade, Spanish, Russian, Japanese etc

Most of the time I don't know what half of these people are saying and it would be great to hide it all

rrqlql.png

#2 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

maybe some chat rooms could be language based, and others could be topic based, like trading, adding new citizens, general etc.  and possibly even specialty chat rooms that would sort of function like /n but be location independent , or it would be like a group whisper thing.

I think the current chat system is sufficient right now, but like many things, if RobbyZ wanted to, it could be overhauled to add these and other useful features. 

#3 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

Cowboy pumpkin with pink shirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

/ignore is what you need! HURRAY!

#4 BetaRuler

BetaRuler

is made of pink text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

I'd imagine toggles (like light-bulb buttons under the chat bar) that let us choose which channels our chat goes into, and which channels we're listening to would be pretty cool. Of course IRC toggles, as no one should have the power to mute Meep even if their sick of Meep prancing about looking swag and awesome!

So like I could set my messages to come up in global, and market while I would mute non-English.
By default perhaps everybody's chat buttons would start at just global, but we can change that when we're actually into the game. So that way, new players asking for help wont by default get their requests for help completely ignored XD

:beta: Providing you an unnecessary dose of nonsense anytime! :beta:

#5 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

different chat rooms would be nice but they would probably confuse noobs even more. noobs wont even know how about chat rooms and might be asking questions randomly in the wrong chat room. ATM normal chat is fine but this would definitely help later down the road.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png