Photo
- - - - -

How much gold can you farm in an hour?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:25 AM

I'm updating the gold page to include a rough estimate of reasonable gold per hour that can be earned via zoos, transponder matches, pvp, etc.

What's your strategy, and roughly how much do you earn total per hour?

#2 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

I'm updating the gold page to include a rough estimate of reasonable gold per hour that can be earned via zoos, transponder matches, pvp, etc.

Wait, is this a survey, or competition or what? Just making sure.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#3 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Survey :)

#4 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

Survey :)

And this is suppose to improve the gold cycle?

P.S My strat is to do a full on harvest on Dires till I only get 5g every 5 kills (approx.) and then I move on to pvp (which I skip because no one wants to be farmed 50 times in a row....)

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#5 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

The highest I've ever gotten through farming in one cycle is 1008 (or 1012), can't seem to get higher than that.

not really checked any of the others

rrqlql.png

#6 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

By hour do you really mean 45 minutes? I'll assume 45, since 60 minutes would be a cycle and 15 minutes of another one.

In a 45 minute cycle, I usually get around 500g-600g from farming, before it gets painfully slow (if I'm not busy I'll keep chopping).

Only the hardcore farmers will net 1000g per cycle. I think 500 would be a good number gained per hour via farming.

Since I don't normally do the other game modes, I'm unsure what the norms are for 'transponder matches, pvp, etc.' But I'll assume you could get another 500-700g doing them.

So I'd say 1000-1200g sounds about right (as a sum of all activities combined in an hour). 2000g if you're a busy beaver. Realistically, most of us probably don't get more than 600g per cycle though.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#7 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

well Robby, per 45 minutes I earn about 500 gold until my hand begins to cramp from spamming the space bar. But in all seriousness I farm for about 15 mins then i bounty farm for about 10 minutes. 

bumchin               furychin

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> [GLOBAL] <bumchin> selling kidney's 1k each

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> <Waldin> kidney0s?
                                 [17:47] <@EightBitMMO> <bumchin> The ones you harvest out of people >;D

#8 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

Per cycle: 400-700 from mob farming - and around 600 from transponder farming maybe more with mob kills although if someone destroys 5 or more marble I dont really get profit from winning transponder lol. I think that you should be able to earn more gold from transponder...

#9 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

PvP gold stops dropping when you hit 300, but the max you can get is 327 (kill a 30 bounty at 297g)

PvE gold stops dropping when you hit 1005, but the max you can get is 1008 (kill a dire at 1004g)

those are facts that have been tested many times by me and others.  now for reasonable farming.  

to get to 300pvp gold can take less than 3min if you have the right arena (/tele red or canada2), so thats not unreasonable

to get to 1005pve gold takes abit longer, i once timed myself at how fast i could get to 1005, no chatting, stopping only to occasionally type /gold.

here is the result:

gTY9WLi.png

that means that it took 22 minutes to farm for 1005 gold.  now remember this time was without chatting, becasue when i chat, it can take almost all 45minutes to get to 1005 gold.  

now farming for 20minutes may be unreasonable for some players, but rembember that the gold is frontloaded in the cycle, so when 1/2 the time had passed, i probably already had 750g.  

If sim9 really wants to know how much gold is reasonable, why doesnt someone time how long it takes to get form 0 to 100,200,300,400,500 and post it here, it doesnt seem like that would be that hard to do. or do it vise versa and report how much gold can be earned in a minute, or 2 or 5

#10 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

DON'T ANSWER DON'T ANSWER!!! The last time we told sim this he added the gold cycles. :'(

#11 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

DON'T ANSWER DON'T ANSWER!!! The last time we told sim this he added the gold cycles. :'(

lol oops

#12 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

lol oops

Edit button.
But I feel if it was even harder to get gold we should be able to trade plat directly

EMRlBNQ.png

#13 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

Also in transponder matches why don't player kills drop gold it kinda ruins the whole pvp experience?

#14 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

Edit button.
But I feel if it was even harder to get gold we should be able to trade plat directly

The topic of trading plat directly has been brought up and discussed multiple times. I think Sim is ok with the idea and may implement it eventually but it isn't on the high priority list witch is big enough as is.

#15 El Dromedario

El Dromedario

8BitCamel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Theoretically possible (Although insanely mind-numbing and with major game abuse)

-Asedita has shown that it is possible to max out PvE money within 25 minutes. So that is 1005 gold.

-You can easily hit the PvP money cap in 5 minutes if you find someone who wants to help you with your PvP farm abuse. That will be 300 gold.

-That leaves 15 minutes remaining in the gold cycle, enough for 3 perfect transponder matches. Surviving the whole thing gives 150. So 450 gold in total.

That totals out on 1755 gold per Gold cycle or 2340 gold per hour on average.

Sounds like a lot but remember that you have to be a brainless robot to achieve this and that you are literally busy for 24/7. :P

Reasonable amount

It kinda depends on how much effort you put in it.

-You can get 500-600 PvE money in a few minutes per gold cycle. After 600 it gets rather steep.

-If you play bounty hunter mode in PvP for some time you can get 100 gold. But then again it all depends on how long you play and you cannot always find someone to play with.

-Same goes for Transponder matches, it depends on how long you play it. The times I played I always seemed to get around 70 gold per match. 2 matches per gold cycle sounds reasonable. So that will make around 150 gold.

So 500-850 gold per gold cycle or 667-1133 gold per hour.

(lowest amount would be spending no more than 5 minutes per cycle and highest amount let's say spending 25-30 minutes per cycle on getting money)

2hi4eg0.jpg  ev1jrq.jpg

#16 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

Theoretically possible (Although insanely mind-numbing and with major game abuse)

-Asedita has shown that it is possible to max out PvE money within 25 minutes. So that is 1005 gold.

-You can easily hit the PvP money cap in 5 minutes if you find someone who wants to help you with your PvP farm abuse. That will be 300 gold.

-That leaves 15 minutes remaining in the gold cycle, enough for 3 perfect transponder matches. Surviving the whole thing gives 150. So 450 gold in total.

That totals out on 1755 gold per Gold cycle or 2340 gold per hour on average.

Sounds like a lot but remember that you have to be a brainless robot to achieve this and that you are literally busy for 24/7. :P

Reasonable amount

It kinda depends on how much effort you put in it.

-You can get 500-600 PvE money in a few minutes per gold cycle. After 600 it gets rather steep.

-If you play bounty hunter mode in PvP for some time you can get 100 gold. But then again it all depends on how long you play and you cannot always find someone to play with.

-Same goes for Transponder matches, it depends on how long you play it. The times I played I always seemed to get around 70 gold per match. 2 matches per gold cycle sounds reasonable. So that will make around 150 gold.

So 500-850 gold per gold cycle or 667-1133 gold per hour.

(lowest amount would be spending no more than 5 minutes per cycle and highest amount let's say spending 25-30 minutes per cycle on getting money)

When counting your pvp farm times, did you consider the fact that in pvp farming, you must let your partner farm off you as well?

I'm too lazy to check, but I would guess that the most profitable way to farm, would be pvp farm (fastest gold) then do somewhere between 300g to 500g pve, and then do however many transponder matches you can with your remaining time. Also, if you have a friend who often pvp farms, you can ask them to tell you when their match is nearly over, so you only take about 30 seconds to go to their match, and get 100g for doing absolutely NOTHING.

Then, once you have saved all this gold, you go build a tower out of mostly all marble, and wonder why you are broke, and then plastics get released and you update huge pixel art and get even more broke.

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#17 Choloy123

Choloy123

Coolest new member title on the block.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

I only get to 500 gold because of laziness...

Sim should remove the gold cycles again or maybe double the possible gold gotten from the cycles since it is very hard to farm gold...

#18 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

I don't farm. I wager.

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#19 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:13 AM

Then, once you have saved all this gold, you go build a tower out of mostly all marble, and wonder why you are broke, and then plastics get released and you update huge pixel art and get even more broke.

what was that setk i couldnt hear you over the sound of the cost of the 0.5 MILLION square foot supertown im building

#20 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

most of the time i just farm about 500gold and then farming gets too slow and i won't continue unless im not busy, most of the time i don't have the will to survive the whole cycle and reach 1000, only once have i reached 1010 gold.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png