Photo
- - - - -

Operation Economy Enhancement.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

If there is ONE thing 8bitmmo sucks at, it's having a community economy. The only way to make decent money without using spacebar is selling plat and limted items. This should stop, so, i, the man with the drawing board has come with a brainstorm. We must make the 8bitmmo economy better, and we can only do it when we get together. What i decided, is this:

Also, credit to Zooty for giving me the idea.

A: More non shop but non limited items. 

The cooked steak is a small but sure step in the right direction. So what we need is to make more like that. Here are some ways to do that.

1: Farms. Not the mob farms, but actual item farms. You grow em on a non plat but expensive soil block and you can buy seeds from the store and grow non store items.

2: More items to be made with an oven that are NOT buyable. EX: You can make a steam (no pun) block by cooking water. Steam would function as a game publishing cloud-like block you can walk through but if you place a few steam blocks in a square pattern, it forms a solid cloud block. Same for a way to give swords a permanent burning attribute when cooked.

B: Quests ovehaul, job support and more

Quests need an overhaul. Why? Because they give very little money. They should gove new quests that give 100+ gold.

1: Add the reviewer and dire quests.

2: Add some job UI, an example: The mayor gives someone the task to empty safes and fee doors. The money automatically goes to the mayor but the citizen gets a cut as well.

3: Rework the refer system. 50 gold per invite and 250 gold max is way too little. Sim should reward people reccomending the game more than that.

C: Community suggestions

WIP

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#2 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

idea stealer :'(

rrqlql.png

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

idea stealer :'(

Fixed

#4 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:35 PM

Dirt block+Cement Block=Grass Block.

10/10 ideas stolen not only from swueti but also Grow Opium.

In "Grow Opium" it's rock, not cement.

#5 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:41 PM

Dirt block+Cement Block=Grass Block.

10/10 ideas stolen not only from swueti but also Grow Opium.

damn, grow opium is that weird game.

i saw it in the google play store too.

rrqlql.png

#6 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

Cement 71c9ff25f0c09814847f7b68f43f55ef.png Rock

qteeyq.png

rrqlql.png

#7 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

Nice derail boys, now get back on topic!

#8 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

Um.... Actual NPC selling items for different prices at different times? like a black-smith could sell you a blue sword for 10g in 5pm, then at 10pm it could sell for 5.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#9 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

Um.... Actual NPC selling items for different prices at different times? like a black-smith could sell you a blue sword for 10g in 5pm, then at 10pm it could sell for 5.

Ever heard of timezones? And if it was like this then who would use the shop? The npc would basically ten into the new shop so basically this is like changing the shop prices to make them lower

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#10 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:48 AM

Ever heard of timezones? And if it was like this then who would use the shop? The npc would basically ten into the new shop so basically this is like changing the shop prices to make them lower

The shop is suppose to be replaced with this and has a shortcut button, but purchased for 50g. Plus, for the last time, ADD AUCTIONS ROBBY[Suggestion already suggested and deleted.]

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#11 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:12 AM

The shop is suppose to be replaced with this and has a shortcut button, but purchased for 50g. Plus, for the last time, ADD AUCTIONS ROBBY[Suggestion already suggested and deleted.]

Isn't auctions basically just something that anyone can do? The other day black jack auctioned of a town with 10plat for 45k and another 10plat for 24999 and a cement block (sold to me)

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#12 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

Maybe we could still have all of the items in the shop, but they are more expensive and you can craft them for cheaper.

rrqlql.png

#13 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Maybe we could still have all of the items in the shop, but they are more expensive and you can craft them for cheaper.

Good one, the point is, we need a wider economy.

#14 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

Nice ideas there I like the idea of farming with soil blocks and yeah quests need to reward more gold to help new players along the way.

#15 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, farming would be pretty cool.

Quests - what's the appropriate amount of gold?  It used to be 250 (reward block) + 15ish for turning it in, but we lowered it because it led to a lot of reward block abuse.

Also, when the transponder is released, you will receive gold for participating in battles.

#16 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

Reward blocks should give 250g again and zombie quests should give a random amount of gold between 5-25g for cats and 25-50g for hipsters (around the same amount you would gain from killing the monsters in the quest) in my opinion. Sure, you could make multiple accounts and get the same reward block over and over, but that is WAY slower than botting is anyway. Remember: one player with lots of reward blocks still only yields the gold reward the first time you collect one of their blocks. 50g doesn't go very far when it comes to building anything half-way decent. I predict that no economic harm would be done.

While on the topic of quests:

Player quests really need to take a new direction. I understand that not everyone can afford spawners, and I accept this fact, but the amount of ridiculously hard jumping/spike/troll mazes is getting ridiculous. I'd rather there be less quests in total than for more of these nightmares that scare-off/enrage newcomers to come into fruition. For a lousy 50g, a quest shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to complete.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#17 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:51 AM

Reward blocks should give 250g again and zombie quests should give a random amount of gold between 5-25g for cats and 25-50g for hipsters (around the same amount you would gain from killing the monsters in the quest) in my opinion. Sure, you could make multiple accounts and get the same reward block over and over, but that is WAY slower than botting is anyway. Remember: one player with lots of reward blocks still only yields the gold reward the first time you collect one of their blocks. 50g doesn't go very far when it comes to building anything half-way decent. I predict that no economic harm would be done.

While on the topic of quests:

Player quests really need to take a new direction. I understand that not everyone can afford spawners, and I accept this fact, but the amount of ridiculously hard jumping/spike/troll mazes is getting ridiculous. I'd rather there be less quests in total than for more of these nightmares that scare-off/enrage newcomers to come into fruition. For a lousy 50g, a quest shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to complete.

but quests with spawners are pretty darn easy becuz of the x amount of spawners per region. this limits the amount of spawners in a region so basically u can walk past all the mobs. if this was lifted then farming would be faster cuz more spawners in a region and also quests including spawners could be harder :) so in my opinion i don't think the limit for amount of spawners in a region should be so low.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#18 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, farming would be pretty cool.

What are you going to allow us to grow?

Karma42O is going to be very happy.

rrqlql.png