Photo

Anyone Help?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

So, under the help of Zooty, I managed to install Linux Debian Wheezy.

Unfortunately, suddenly when I boot up it says something about rcpbind daemon, and the file not being found.

Starting rpcbind daemon...ln: failed to create symbolic link `/run/sendsigs.omit.d/rpcbind': No such file or directory
failed!

However, it only gets that far when I press a series of random buttons out of lack of hope. If I sit there just watching it goes into Run level S or something then says

[....] Waiting for /dev to populate...
then turns into a blank screen, no mouse or anything. It stays that way for forever so far.

If anyone could help, I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

If you have a question so you can help, please ask it so i can answer.

Thanks.

7f44484767.png

#2 withrowkavan

withrowkavan

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

hmmm, im not a master, but u seem pretty hopeless so im just gonna suggest, random things in hope of helping u.

did u try to reinstall linux, if u put it on a cd u should be able to throw the cd in there, open up the boot menu and start linux from the cd, then try to reinstall it 

#3 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

This probably isn't the best place to ask.

Try the Debian IRC channel or Debian forums
rrqlql.png

#4 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

hmmm, im not a master, but u seem pretty hopeless so im just gonna suggest, random things in hope of helping u.
did u try to reinstall linux, if u put it on a cd u should be able to throw the cd in there, open up the boot menu and start linux from the cd, then try to reinstall it

Samsung haven't provided an access to the BIOS.

This probably isn't the best place to ask.
Try the Debian IRC channel or Debian forums

okay.

7f44484767.png

#5 Henbrol

Henbrol

Cheese Omelette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

Try... browser mode. It solves every problem in the world. At least, it does for me.

Team Kerbal blasts off at the speed of light!

Crash right now or prepare to fight!

#6 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

I can solve all of your problems!

For the low low price of 100kg

Oh, you don't have that? Allow me to lend it to you  :vamp:

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#7 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:48 AM

100 kilograms of what?

Heroin, Gold, Marijuana, Working technology, Toonies. 

Whatever works.

(And 100kg = 100,000 gold BTW)

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#8 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

100 kilograms of what?

100kilograms of steak money :P

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#9 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:59 AM

Update:

I've got it to advance. (added nomodeset to a line), and it no longer hangs at waiting for /Dev to be fully populated.

Now it gets to some sda6 things, says it contains a file system or something and forces a check. It then stops at 70% and says something about blocks, shall give accurate wording later.

So... My laptop sucks.

Try... browser mode. It solves every problem in the world. At least, it does for me.

wtf?!

7f44484767.png

#10 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

Update:

I've got it to advance. (added nomodeset to a line), and it no longer hangs at waiting for /Dev to be fully populated.

Now it gets to some sda6 things, says it contains a file system or something and forces a check. It then stops at 70% and says something about blocks, shall give accurate wording later.

So... My laptop sucks.
wtf?!

Ignore Henbrol. i think he was thinking linux was something similar to steam. Also why do u need linux?

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#11 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:03 AM

Ignore Henbrol. i think he was thinking linux was something similar to steam. Also why do u need linux?

Microsoft suck, and they produce nonfree and closed-source software. I lost faith in Microsoft years ago. Also, Linux is free! *gasp* but considering my computer is effectively immobile, I need it working again.

7f44484767.png

#12 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Microsoft suck, and they produce nonfree and closed-source software. I lost faith in Microsoft years ago. Also, Linux is free! *gasp* but considering my computer is effectively immobile, I need it working again.

hmmmm how old is the laptop? if it is quite old and u have enough money you should buy a new laptop with linux as the installed software. But if it is quite new than fixing it may be better costwise.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#13 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:11 AM

hmmmm how old is the laptop? if it is quite old and u have enough money you should buy a new laptop with linux as the installed software. But if it is quite new than fixing it may be better costwise.

1 year approx. Also, it's just an issue with the operating system, and my parents would skin me alive if they know if broken it, hence why I made this topic on the first place. SCREW YOU, SAMSUNG, NOT GIVING ME ACCESS TO THE BIOS!

7f44484767.png

#14 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

1 year approx. Also, it's just an issue with the operating system, and my parents would skin me alive if they know if broken it, hence why I made this topic on the first place. SCREW YOU, SAMSUNG, NOT GIVING ME ACCESS TO THE BIOS!

as zooty said try do it make a thread in the Debian IRC channel or Debian forums (if u haven't already) you won't get much help here.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#15 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

as zooty said try do it make a thread in the Debian IRC channel or Debian forums (if u haven't already) you won't get much help here.

I will do, gosh. Right now I'm trying to translate what the frig my computer is saying.

7f44484767.png

#16 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Update:

So... My laptop sucks.
wtf?!

If it's about nomodeset - It's probably to do with your graphics drivers.

rrqlql.png

#17 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

Issues solved with slight disruption to gnome. Topic locked.

7f44484767.png