Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

The Solution To Spawncamping!!!!!!

nomorecamping antispawncamp fix pvp nogoingtoroot finallyfiguredthisout toomanytags stayontopic....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

So, as the title says, i have come up with the solution to spawncamping!

First I can post my original thoughts (in green)and maybe make a faster more clear version... (original thoughts are copied so i can paste fast to show people)

make it so after spawning, you have a 2 or 3 seconds invincibility, and during this 2 or 3 seconds you cannot attack people, this means, you cannot be spawncamped, and cannot abuse invincible powers. ALSO it would mean you cannot pvp farm, and use exploits to pvp farm. this would make pvp smoother, and more fun! when you dont have to worry about getting spawncamped and ending up in root, pvp is much better 

Basically, Im saying, you are invincible for 2-3 seconds after spawning on spawnpad, BUT you cannot damage people during this 2-3 seconds. This means no spawncamping.. but invincible powers cannot be abused. Also! this means we can stop exploiting pvp farming so much huehuehue  AND make it so we DONT get sent to root when killed on a spawnpad! 

If this was implemented, spawncamping would be gone, and pvp would be a bit better.
After a long time of thinking, this is what I came up with. I dont see any flaws in the idea, and if anyone else does, feel free to to say so,
or say any comments you have about it.

Thanks guys! ~setk~

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#2 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

Solutions to spawn camping:

Don't camp spawns

Spawn better

Yeah that's all I've got.

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#3 Setk

Setk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

Solutions to spawn camping:

Don't camp spawns

Spawn better

Yeah that's all I've got.

as much as you want to oppose my ideas lol, there is not much to oppose

People accidently get killed while running over spawnpads and go to root, total jerks and/or noobs spawncamp/kill on spawns

this would fix that

#4 SnakeZXZ

SnakeZXZ

Raising The Steaks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

as much as you want to oppose my ideas lol, there is not much to oppose

People accidently get killed while running over spawnpads and go to root, total jerks and/or noobs spawncamp/kill on spawns

this would fix that

*cough*Trololo the Spawn Camper*cough*

BF7v6zN.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1rBNS60X.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1BF7v6zN.png?1

#5 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

i like the idea of stopping spawncamping but i don't like the fact that there would be no more pvp farming :(

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#6 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

Trololo #1 Spawn Trapper.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#7 SnakeZXZ

SnakeZXZ

Raising The Steaks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Trololo #1 Spawn Trapper.

He spawn killed me so hard once, my game crashed

BF7v6zN.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1rBNS60X.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1BF7v6zN.png?1

#8 Setk

Setk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

i like the idea of stopping spawncamping but i don't like the fact that there would be no more pvp farming :(

But honestly, you could pvp farm, just slower and i dont think sim9 really wants pvp farming to be a thing. If it means pvp can not entirely suck, then i think it is worth it ;)

#9 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

I think if you kill someone on spawn then the person who kills the player should die, not the player who was killed.

#10 Setk

Setk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

I think if you kill someone on spawn then the person who kills the player should die, not the player who was killed.

Would not work, because what if they just sit on a spawn, so you cannot kill them?

Trust me, I have gone through like every possibility.

#11 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Would not work, because what if they just sit on a spawn, so you cannot kill them?

Trust me, I have gone through like every possibility.

Spawn is a safe zone which is good for my afking :D

#12 Setk

Setk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:09 AM

Spawn is a safe zone which is good for my afking :D

NO! People would just sit there and be OP, then wait for people to go beside them and strike... like an OP cobra :P

#13 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:42 AM

NO! People would just sit there and be OP, then wait for people to go beside them and strike... like an OP cobra :P

I prefer to afk in the unintended root. It annoys people. :P

7f44484767.png

#14 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

OP is so OP though, you gotta have it on respawns incase you need to type to someone and you don't wanna get killed because you're being chased by an angry sword welding viking.

#15 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

OP is so OP though, you gotta have it on respawns incase you need to type to someone and you don't wanna get killed because you're being chased by an angry sword welding viking.

RWAR! VIKING WARRIOR CHARGE!

rrqlql.png

#16 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:04 AM

spawncamping can be prevented now anyway. scenario: person is spawncamping at pvp town. Person (lets call him trololo :P) kills everyone. People try to come back but get killed by trololo. Players yell for help in chat. Citizen/mod tele to the town. Citizen/mod attempt to kill trolol. In ordinary cases spwancamper would be killed. But since it is trololo he just spikes you and your dead. The point of the scenario: spawncamping can be prevented as long as it isn't trolol.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#17 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

When making a PvP arena, why can't players simply place the respawn pads slightly in the air? The only people who could 'spawn camp' at that point are people who died themselves. But if you place several (3 or 4), it really makes it quite a chore to do so.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#18 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

When making a PvP arena, why can't players simply place the respawn pads slightly in the air? The only people who could 'spawn camp' at that point are people who died themselves. But if you place several (3 or 4), it really makes it quite a chore to do so.

True that ^

#19 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

i like this idea! but let's just say a sk (spawnkiller) is spawncamping and someone dies but doesn't end up at the sk's pad. the sd (someone that died) joins the battle and people continue to die. eventually a SD would appear at the SK's spawnpad and get killed. but not everyone would get spawnkilled. I still think it is a great idea doe :D

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#20 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Or we could stop DAT brutal war11!1
rrqlql.png