These are the guidelines and rules known in 8bitmmo:
- Don't swear, and if censoring a word, censor the ENTIRE THING. No letters may escape the *s.
- Respect the community,
- Don't scam,
- Don't grief,
- Don't offend fellow players,
- Don't impersonate anyone - mods is a bad idea, impersonating Sim is asking for a ban,
- Be helpful,
- Be mature,
- No botting - ban, is legal If you are at the keyboard playing the game, responding to questions; but you will be banned if you bot whilst AFK/away from the game.
- Don't multi-account - disliked but only an offense if used to farm more gold, scamming, impersonating, avoiding a mute, etc - if used with Kongregate to make use of the 3 zoom levels there, seems acceptable by most mods. More info: http://forums.8bitmm...-known/?p=64288
- No hacking/doxxing. This is a guaranteed perm-ban.
- The community discourages custom z-axis levels. If discussing this, please use Nearby chat so that players who wish to be separated from this "bug" can stay away from discussions of it, and so that newbs do not get put off the game by seeing players discussing hacks/bugs. This appears to arise from a variable in the programming of the game. If you lose your blocks in negative space due to this you will not be helped ("you're on your own" - RobbyZ), and thus is a risky idea. Not bannable, just discouraged.
Off-grid positions will likely break outlining/shadowing and possibly collision detection and other stuff. It's discouraged because it can make the game look bugged, but I'm not banning for it.So, feel free to experiment with it, but if you lose your items into negative space, you're on your own.
- No racism.
- No sexual references and/or links - Doing this is automute from a mod (Though usually they will usually give a warning.
- No leaking or revealing another player's personal information.
- If you are muted, you can not attempt to circumvent/bypass/get around the mute.This generally results in a ban.
I've probably forgotten like 50 odd, so tell me what I've maybe missed and I'll update the list. Half of these aren't official rules but rather guidelines laid out by the community and it's attitude.
I made this list with the intention that, once filled with the rules and guidelines, it could help a player, especially a newb.
Updated with Kyro's suggestions.
Updated with Value's suggestions.
Edited by Scratso (§), 08 April 2015 - 02:59 PM.