Photo
- - - - -

Reminding everyone of an idea i read but went ignored

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

I once read about an idea to make more estethic plat items (like the platscreen) and more functional gold items (like the PTS). I think it was Kyro or Sage that came with it idk, but the basis of the idea is to give non plat buyers more items to work with rather than design with and plat buyers more neat add-ons to their mansions. Let's say Robby adds a statue that resembles the buyer and a telepad that can only travel X regions from eachother. The best thing to do here is make the telepad (Blinkpad?) gold and the statue plat. (And before you go complain about that telepad thing, think about the pocketstone).

What do you guys think? (about both the idea and these 2 items).

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#2 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

I once read about an idea to make more estethic plat items (like the platscreen) and more functional gold items (like the PTS). I think it was Kyro or Sage that came with it idk, but the basis of the idea is to give non plat buyers more items to work with rather than design with and plat buyers more neat add-ons to their mansions. Let's say Robby adds a statue that resembles the buyer and a telepad that can only travel X regions from eachother. The best thing to do here is make the telepad (Blinkpad?) gold and the statue plat. (And before you go complain about that telepad thing, think about the pocketstone).

What do you guys think? (about both the idea and these 2 items).

Personally, if the plat items have a use that gold items don't (such as - resembling the owner (owner is better than buyer, allows for gold trades)... BETTER UPDATE ITSELF), then I'm fine with it. A blinkpad is a cool idea, allowing for maybe 2 region transport.... of course, people could buy loads and put them in a row, but it's still not as fast ;)

7f44484767.png

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Personally, if the plat items have a use that gold items don't (such as - resembling the owner (owner is better than buyer, allows for gold trades)... BETTER UPDATE ITSELF), then I'm fine with it. A blinkpad is a cool idea, allowing for maybe 2 region transport.... of course, people could buy loads and put them in a row, but it's still not as fast ;)

Doesn't the plat clothing do that deed? You cannot buy it with gold in any way (unless direct plat trading becomes available).

#4 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

i like it! the statue im not so sure. kind of removes the purpose of building a statue of yourself but still cool! for the telepads if it was 2 region transport would you be able to transport from one PU to another?

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#5 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

i like it! the statue im not so sure. kind of removes the purpose of building a statue of yourself but still cool! for the telepads if it was 2 region transport would you be able to transport from one PU to another?

You would, but that would be unhandy. Look at the minimap at the pocket universes. You could only teleport to ones right next to eachother. And they'd have to be close to the edge. So why not add a pocketpad which costs 1 plat/X gold as well?

#6 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

You would, but that would be unhandy. Look at the minimap at the pocket universes. You could only teleport to ones right next to eachother. And they'd have to be close to the edge. So why not add a pocketpad which costs 1 plat/X gold as well?

nice! wouldn't that give pocket towns an advantage over towns in the wild?

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#7 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Anyone else think a liftpad would be nice? Can only link directly upwards/downwards, but much cheaper than a regular telepad.

"Meep" - Meep

#8 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Anyone else think a liftpad would be nice? Can only link directly upwards/downwards, but much cheaper than a regular telepad.

Given that I nearly waste telepads using them as replacements for staircases (to cut down on region space) this would be VERY helpful. However, it's not entirely needed either. Just a nice thing to have I suppose (since 6 plat for an elevator is slightly steep).

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan