Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A TownStone Recycling System.

Recycle TownStone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

I have been thinking about a system for mods to recycle 'Ghost' Towns. Here is the process:

Step 1: Flagship

When a mod stumbles upon a abandoned town, he could flag it like /flag <name of town> and it is posted into a waiting list.

Step 2:Selling

A mod sells the abandoned town in the waiting list to a player like /selltown <name> but it is random. It is possible if there is too much, the mods will give out some for free. 

Step 3: Player Warns

When the mods does the command, the player shall get a message saying: "A Mod is now entitling you to a town. /townaccept to accept the town given by mod." When the player agrees, he shall be teleported to the town (with the mod incase) and becomes mayor.

If you think you can add something, reply down below.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#2 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

I don't like the idea.

People have paid for townstones and then they will be taken away from them.

rrqlql.png

#3 BetaRuler

BetaRuler

is made of pink text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Exactly, what of the original player if he/she/it chooses to come back to the game only to find their town has been deleted. What kind of compensation can you give them?

A refund on their plat? But then they can just go and create another ghost town that will get put through this idea which just screams exploitable.

:beta: Providing you an unnecessary dose of nonsense anytime! :beta:

#4 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

Well then what ideas can fix up the holes in the 'system'?

Don't use this 'system'

Problem solved.

rrqlql.png

#5 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

It's not a terrible idea really, but it does have some flaws. Perhaps some restrictions:

-The town must be one year old.

-The town must have less than 500/1000 objects placed inside.

-The town has less than two expansions.

-Pocket Universes are excluded.

-Adding this to the FAQ, and also warning the player of this when they place a townstone.

This also offers a few ways to prevent your town from ever being subject to this happening.

As for someone coming back... Either:

-A command they can use to automatically reclaim their town such as the safes '/owneropen' command.

or

-A plat compensation automatically added to their account equal in value of their loss (which will most likely never be claimed).

Also, IIRC some ancient towns were placed back when townstones costed gold so they have no excuse to stay on the map... mainly the blank ones with like two objects in them.

tl;dr If your last login was in 2012, expect your town to be gone when you come back.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#6 KennyKush

KennyKush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

I like what you added to that Sage. As for what Lego said, I don't think the process should be random at all. I think everyone should be notified, in game, in IRC, and through the forums, that this is happening. And give everyone a chance to be there for the event. Then I think the town should be auctioned off, not just taken over by the mods or sold to one person who knew it was happening or just given away to someone. I think it should be fairly auctioned off with everyone getting a chance to bid on it. But maybe if someone already has a town they can't be part of the auction, I don't know maybe to give others a chance. Just some ideas.
Never trust anyone, even your own mother could sell you out.

#7 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

I like what you added to that Sage. As for what Lego said, I don't think the process should be random at all. I think everyone should be notified, in game, in IRC, and through the forums, that this is happening. And give everyone a chance to be there for the event. Then I think the town should be auctioned off, not just taken over by the mods or sold to one person who knew it was happening or just given away to someone. I think it should be fairly auctioned off with everyone getting a chance to bid on it. But maybe if someone already has a town they can't be part of the auction, I don't know maybe to give others a chance. Just some ideas.

What about mods simply being able to remove it, and making the land wilderness again? No one gets a town that way (so no jealousy), and more building room for everyone.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#8 KennyKush

KennyKush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Yeah that's an even better idea.
Never trust anyone, even your own mother could sell you out.

#9 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

i like removal better.

when i first wanted to get a townstone i had to slave away for almost a week before i had farmed enough, and so has everyone else so far who has bought a town for gold, just giving towns to people wouldnt be fair to everyone else.

#10 Black_Jack

Black_Jack

Loves white grapes.

• Moderators
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

Most of the good ideas have already been said, but I'd like to pay my 2 cents as well. Wouldn't an easy solution be, instead of taking the mayor position away from a player who owns a ghost town, or removing the town completely with compensation, to make someone a Vice mayor of the town? Granted having conditions for this like Sage said would be a must, Vices have all the commands a Mayor has except /towntransfer, townname, and /townvicemayor. The town would still belong to the original owner, and the player given Vice status could work towards populating the town.

P322zQi.png

#11 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

And if they have space, maybe auto-build a grave?

each player has their own grave design. For some it would just be free blocks.

7f44484767.png

#12 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

But..... You can't destroy it unless you're a mod or RobbyZ

and if it ruins the layout of the town, people will rage

7f44484767.png

#13 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

Most of the good ideas have already been said, but I'd like to pay my 2 cents as well. Wouldn't an easy solution be, instead of taking the mayor position away from a player who owns a ghost town, or removing the town completely with compensation, to make someone a Vice mayor of the town? Granted having conditions for this like Sage said would be a must, Vices have all the commands a Mayor has except /towntransfer, townname, and /townvicemayor. The town would still belong to the original owner, and the player given Vice status could work towards populating the town.

Yes, isn't the vice option mean't for looking after someone's town then the original owner of the town can reclaim it *if* they ever come back.

#14 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

Okay, scrap that. Now, what if the 'Vice' wanted to transfer the town?

can't

7f44484767.png

#15 Black_Jack

Black_Jack

Loves white grapes.

• Moderators
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Why would you become the Vice just to transfer the position to someone else? Silly Lego. Anyway, there is a a few solutions for that. Letting a mod know you're done being the Vice and having them find another person for the position would work, or they could add a second Vice (That's a thing you know).

P322zQi.png

#16 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

How about like, a gradual townstone reach decrease where the town borders become smaller for empty towns like Trololo's =66 'towns'. And it then should increase 1X1 in range again for every 100 blocks built (must also be considered non junk).

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#17 Xerp

Xerp

"Water" abuser

• Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

You should just give them all the abandoned townstones to me. I am sure id be generous enough to find people to hand them out to who would respect it and if the the previous owners ever did log back on i would make it worth their while. =p

1349379032172.gif

#18 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

You should just give them all the abandoned townstones to me. I am sure id be generous enough to find people to hand them out to who would respect it and if the the previous owners ever did log back on i would make it worth their while. =p

No, give them to me. I would `give` them to someone who would respect it :)

7f44484767.png

#19 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

No, give them to me. I would `give` them to someone who would respect it :)

No, give them to me.

Then I wouldn't give them to anyone else and I would have townstones, yay!

rrqlql.png

#20 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

No, give them to me.

Then I wouldn't give them to anyone else and I would have townstones, yay!

`give`

NOTE THE `S

7f44484767.png