Photo

Boredom + Me = Random Program

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

So, I was bored. And usually I program, but I couldn't be bothered. So I dug out the Ye Olde VB6 and decided to use that since its easy as pie.

For SOME reason I then created an Instant Messenger.

It's a download from https://www.dropbox....noMagick IM.exe and I will most of the time be hosting a Chat on it. Instructions to access:
  • Change the IP Address from 127.0.0.1 to 92.234.196.233
  • Change the Port from 1234 to 7001 (It should work, I asked someone to check it was Port Forwarded right, they connected successfully.)
  • Hit the "Connect" Button.
  • Chat to your Heart's content!
Overview of how to use:
  • Big Text Box: chat Log. Don't type in there.
  • Small Text Box below the Log: Message. Type your chat into there -- the Logger does not connect to the Host Client, only receives.
  • "Host" Button: This will host a server on the IP and Port specified. If there is already a server there, it will give you an error.
  • "Connect" Button: This will connect to a server running on the IP and Port specified. If a server is not running on the ones specified, you will get an error.
  • "Close" Button: This depends on your status:
  • If you are hosting the server: Closes down the server and disconnects all people connected.
  • If you are connected to a server, it will close your connection to the server.
  • Text Box with 127.0.0.1 in it: IP Box. See above instructions.
  • Text box with 1234 in it: Port. Allows you to run multiple servers from the same computer.
  • "Send" Button: Sends the message that is in the Chat Box to the server and thus all the other connections.
  • Text box with Name in it: input your username here, similar to irc.
Please note that some servers may have "Loggers" or "LogBots" on their servers. Due to me not being bothered to add a list of people, they may be hidden if they do not speak. Be warned of that your chat may be logged.

Enjoy!

Download link again: https://www.dropbox....noMagick IM.exe

OK, so I realised that they could have over 1 logbot connected, so I've very quickly set a maximum of 2 people connected to each server from one Computer. This is to prevent "FakeLoggers", of which will never speak, but whilst logging, the owner might edit the log to suit his needs whilst having a real logger for log purposes.

Please note: Use of this for Malicious purposes is against the law under the Cybercrime act of 1989 (I think that's what it's called...) which de-legalizes Cyber Bullying and all Malicious Intent on the Web.

7f44484767.png

#2 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

Please feel free to use!

7f44484767.png

#3 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Hehheh. Yes, zooty, it is :P

7f44484767.png

#4 firerobot25

firerobot25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

imma ninja waiting for thursday  :ph34r:

#5 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

imma ninja waiting for thursday  :ph34r:

Lol.

Note: the post is dead. Ive been informed i configured the winsock wrong i cant be botheredchanging it.

7f44484767.png