Photo

Help me with this Guide a little so it can be part of FAQs/Guides

team citizen mayor town stone plat guild

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

The guide to enriched gameplay through "guild" mechanics

This is not a walkthrough from the beginning of the game. It is intended after you are able to access /root and your pocket universe, are able to navigate the shop option, and ARE OLD/MATURE ENOUGH TO UTILIZE TEAM PLAY MECHANICS AND GROWN UP BEHAVIOR.

You'll see lots of players in the chat talking about buying or selling items, these items all have a cost in either PLATINUM "plat" =(PLATINUM CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED WITH REAL MONEY)= Gold, or can be a particular item that can be initially bought with plat and then resold to another player for in game gold. Catch that? Players who buy "plat" items can sell them to players who do not purchase "plat" for gold. Expect to pay a decent amount of fake gold for items that cost real money. Don't worry as much about this as doing the Draco quest tutorials will be more help than anything right now.

After this and reading chat log, you'll notice players looking for mayors. Mayors are players who have either purchased a TOWN STONE with real world money "plat", purchased a TOWN STONE from another player using GOLD, or has outright purchased using gold/been given a town by agreement and an ingame command. A lot of times, mayors are looking for citizens who want to build houses that are NOT in the wild. Generally, it begins with a mayor wanting an amount of gold for a "plot" A plot is an amount of space in blocks. An example is 500gold for a 5x5 plot. That's 25 blocks of space, usually in a rectangular shape. (A square is a special kind of rectangle, eat it.)

A good place to even start with the gold is to type /tele zoo This will take you to a place where you can farm up gold and xp with no real risk. You want gold to purchase things and xp to access all the mapspace and shop items.
The meat and potatoes is that the map is dynamic, meaning it only evolves as the players see fit, with exception of dev cities like in most MMOs. As more players take up landspace, the empty space becomes more valuable. (This is generally why Townstones are way higher in gold price per plat than any other item. Remember, who has the plat makes the gold ratio.)
Becoming a citizen of a town can make this game much more of a MMO delight than outright building alone, which is the point of this guide, the team aspect. Citizens of a town and the mayor can farm up gold and buy the higher priced plat items by combining gold together, as their own lil badass township. With a little trust, the town can purchase their own private mob spawners for their town if it is nice and walled with a good CITIZEN ONLY DOOR for access in and out. I know everyone wants their own cool plat items first, but this is for the team oriented mind, remember.

You are free to use teamspeak or vent, they approved 3rd party programs. This craze hasn't taken off yet, but the best town builds will be by people in closer communication than the simple chatlog. Plus, there is open world PvP, people who like clan warfare can use this to their advantage to have a good time using the open world PvP aspect. Generally, players who dislike PvP will complain. It is generally frowned upon, but not against the rules. THE WILD (the unclaimed frontier land not under township) is named so for a reason and advertised as dangerous. Be aware that you can be killed by other players in the wild, too. There is virtually no penalty for death, so no crying. (There are also specific arenas for PvP that have gold rewards per kill and growing bounties for kills.)

So, in a nutshell:
Understand mechanics of the game. Understand that you are trying to be part of a team, encourage sharing gold with the mayor to buy plat items beneficial to the town, such as mob spawners. Be willing to farm up decent amounts of gold, it's very easy, just time consuming. Be cool with your townfellows. You're all in the same area code, dawg. Farm up some gold, put it all in the pot and get some good stuff going on in your town. Have fun as a clique and with other players in the world. Don't be a total dick.

63747_10151391200125170_507223568_n.jpg

#2 kkfenix

kkfenix

Changes his own member title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

onepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gif200 pixels!

~kkfenix 8)  :D  :mrgreen:  8)  :lol:  :starwars:

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Literally, "Too long; didn't read" 

Said whenever a nerd makes a post that is too long to bother reading.
"omg you postwench. i can only say one thing in response - tl;dr" 
"tl;dr...why dont you give up on your unabridged edition of War and Peace or at least stop posting it here?"

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#4 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

This is too long? It's a short guide...wow. maybe helping here isn't worth my time.

#5 kkfenix

kkfenix

Changes his own member title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

This is too long? It's a short guide...wow. maybe helping here isn't worth my time.

You are one of the only two people who tihink this is short. The other one is Zloc. :P

And, btw, think about the new players looking at the faq, seeing that. I have just looked at some parts of the text, and I couldn't not notice that it has information already mentioned in some other quides.

onepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gif200 pixels!

~kkfenix 8)  :D  :mrgreen:  8)  :lol:  :starwars:

#6 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Of course it has info from other guides also, but if this is too much, should I really think anyone read those guides? Honestly, it isn't a lot of text, that's just absurd to think so, troll. You have convinced me that it isn't worth my time to help.

#7 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Alright Shishio. I've decided that I really don't like you ^_^

Anyways. It can be difficult to get someone to play this game for ten minutes let alone have them read a wall of text. A wall of text with absolutely nothing to attract the eye at that.

Before you get all high and mighty (worth your time? Like any of us care what your time is worth) take a step back and realize where you've gone wrong. Fix it. And try again.

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#8 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

You don't like me based on this? GG. Make more mods. Make sure your descriptions of your greatness are short enough to read. Using the phrase not worth my time is common, scrub.

#9 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

Make sure they're short enough to read? Glady ;)

Also. You should probably get off the Xbox or Playstation or whatever it is you're wasting your time on. If "GG" and "Scrub" are proper vocabulary for you then you might be playing too much ^_^

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#10 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Of course it has info from other guides also, but if this is too much, should I really think anyone read those guides? Honestly, it isn't a lot of text, that's just absurd to think so, troll. You have convinced me that it isn't worth my time to help.

TIPS:

-Sum up the text shorter. EX: "Press SPACE to use your sword" is better than "Pressing the SPACE key uses your sword which is used to attack enemies and players"

-Read the actual FAQ to see if you are not repeating the info already there.

-Do not take everything for trolling, trust me, this will help you in the long run.

-Similar to tip 2: Check the in-game tutorial so you won't repeat info.

There, i helped you. Happy now?

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#11 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Make sure they're short enough to read? Glady ;)

Also. You should probably get off the Xbox or Playstation or whatever it is you're wasting your time on. If "GG" and "Scrub" are proper vocabulary for you then you might be playing too much ^_^

Since you're still just badmouthing and boardwarrioring instead of adding anything remotely helpful, I'll inform you that I was using smaller words and acronyms so it was easy to read. Nice try at a dig, but I don't play online with consoles. Btw, while your new tilesets are interesting, they are useless since it will make the map look like crap to others. This is an MMO, not Minecraft. You've also got the population interested in this trend, effectively killing ingame population and getting those that are ingame more concerned about modding as opposed to playing. Way to go. (Honestly, the tiles are cool, just wish you would have kept the method to yourself. )

#12 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Since you're still just badmouthing and boardwarrioring instead of adding anything remotely helpful, I'll inform you that I was using smaller words and acronyms so it was easy to read. Nice try at a dig, but I don't play online with consoles. Btw, while your new tilesets are interesting, they are useless since it will make the map look like crap to others. This is an MMO, not Minecraft. You've also got the population interested in this trend, effectively killing ingame population and getting those that are ingame more concerned about modding as opposed to playing. Way to go. (Honestly, the tiles are cool, just wish you would have kept the method to yourself. )

And I would have too. But I was told once I finished it to post it on the forums. I took that as posting how to install it as well. That inadvertently gave the community access on how to create them for themselves as well. Besides, where's the fun in keeping something interesting to yourself? The more the merrier.

As for the community building things for others to see. I've stated that players should use the default pack for such purpose. Killing in-game population? Only about 5% of players actually use the forums. There's not worries there.

There is nothing wrong with what I've created. It's simply another way to express oneself and enjoy the game a bit more. That's it.

#13 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

Wall of text... whatever, I'm genuinely disinterested in this any longer. Just deal with the game as is.

#14 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

Wall of text... whatever, I'm genuinely disinterested in this any longer. Just deal with the game as is.

Bye bye ^_^ Come again real soon

#15 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

No problem. Maybe when you graduate high school, you'll have a better understanding of an online community, I didn't realize you were still just a little one, lol. Should have checked your age before I thought you were an adult.

#16 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

No problem. Maybe when you graduate high school, you'll have a better understanding of an online community, I didn't realize you were still just a little one, lol. Should have checked your age before I thought you were an adult.

If we're going by age then you're no better :P What self respecting 34 year old goes around calling children "scrubs" on an online forum?

#17 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Use logical reasoning. Didn't know you were a child when I posted that.

#18 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

All the same. What self respecting 34 year old calls anyone a "scrub" on an online forum ^_^

#19 Shishio

Shishio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

I guess you've never been on any other MMO forum. Any further explanation would be too long for you to read. You'll understand when you're older. You enjoying your day off from school? Happy MLK Day.

#20 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I guess you've never been on THIS MMO forum. Calling people scrubs is not a common thing in this community and is generally looked down on. Why you think this is the same as whatever you came from is beyond me. As for the day off. I wish.