Photo
- - - - -

Top 5 reasons wy robby/sim9 can basically abandon the suggestion box.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

5: Everyone and their grandpa uses the forums for ideas now because sim9 had to use a low budget site with limited voting.

4: Robby barely uses the suggestion box anymore (started ideas still being in planned and completed ideas still being in started phase even though they are finished).

3: Its low usability like i stated before. Its limited votes were not a bad idea on paper but it should be 25 or 50 instead of a measly TEN!

2: Most of them will be stuck in under review, planned or started for their entirety (IMPATIENCE FTW!).

1: It looks visually ugly, low budget, and its popularity went downhill since the forums got changed from a complicated interface to the same forum hoster backpack.tf uses.

WORTH EDITING: I misspelled "why" for "wy".

Edited by Kardel Sharpeye, 11 December 2013 - 09:22 PM.

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#2 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'll only accept this if Sim adds a new category for it. All the posts getting jumbled together gets saddening.

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#3 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Going down from the numbers you set up "5-1"

5 Many people use the forums, but that's not a valid reason to stop using the Suggestion Box.

4 Sim still uses the suggestion box or he wouldn't know what many players like. And he says often, but you aren't ever on, that something in it had many votes in a short period of time, something like that.

3 It could be bigger, yes, but that means with only 10 you would spend the votes more wisely.

2 That's just being impatient many things that are under review happen or not, it's usually 50 50.

1 It  could look better, but it's not ugly. You are the first person who has ever said of that (that I know of). And, it doesn't matter if it's low budget or not. It still gets the job done.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#4 Δ§Δ§IN Zloc

Δ§Δ§IN Zloc

Greatest Δ§Δ§|N

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Well, I do agree with ________(Your name here because you have a lot of names now). I did make a pretty reasonable suggestion in the Box the other day and since there were PILES of new ideas, I bet Sim9 barely got a chance to look at it. Here it is: http://8bitmmo.userv...ie-brains-ideas

And, the Box is pretty full these days comparing to August where you'd be lucky to get one idea per day. And the Box does look pretty neat to me, as long as it doesn't have the Windows 95 design, then I'm happy. :D 

Highlight my Signature to see it! 

Good work Assassin. But I'm still better than you at being it. Try to top my "signature skills" with one of your own. 

I'M THE AUTHOR OF 8BITMMO, and the best Assassin around who was the first one actually jumped over spikes by kicking off a wall, YEP. I'm serious! 

ezio_pixelart___animated_by_growlitheappAlso be sure to check out my Info Guide: 8bitmmo: Stuff To Know (All you need to know about 8bitmmo!)

#5 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

A lot of game improvements have come from the suggestion box.  It can be hard for me to keep track of ideas outside of it, so when I go to implement something new, I can look at the top ideas in the suggestion box and see what everyone wants :)

#6 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

I like the suggestion box, and think that it really adds to the game. I respect your opinion, but I find it handy and will continue to use it for sharing ideas.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#7 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Going down from the numbers you set up "5-1"

5 Many people use the forums, but that's not a valid reason to stop using the Suggestion Box.

4 Sim still uses the suggestion box or he wouldn't know what many players like. And he says often, but you aren't ever on, that something in it had many votes in a short period of time, something like that.

3 It could be bigger, yes, but that means with only 10 you would spend the votes more wisely.

2 That's just being impatient many things that are under review happen or not, it's usually 50 50.

1 It  could look better, but it's not ugly. You are the first person who has ever said of that (that I know of). And, it doesn't matter if it's low budget or not. It still gets the job done.

I will fully admit: i was overeggagarating some points.

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#8 Klemen702

Klemen702

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

First of all it may look like sim is not using the suggestion box but some ideas like water did come from it,second of all i think we need to inprove with suggestions,asking just one small thing like an enemie but not showing how it would work would probably be the reason sim doesn't use it,and third the game is a building game some suggestions might not fit (like mine for example :( )