Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Sorry I have to bring this up

rant wondering thinking 8bit sorry if it seems rude

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 Morriganna

Morriganna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

I was thinking, why are all of the veterans leaving, then I thought some more and consulted my Jedi Master Chien Po, and I realized, its been over a year since a new block was added, yes I know it seems insignificant, but think about it, when you build with legos you get bored after playing with the same set, lets say 50 times, then you get a new set with unique pieces and the legos get their magic back. I know being a one person developer makes things a lot harder but its like beating a dead horse when you add a new map, but no new blocks, I love 8 bit, I'm sure the vets do too, but think, why is there a suggestion box if you don't try to implement some of the ideas. Especially after Novemberbit, and adding different viewpoints on 9bit, yeah thats cool but, we need more blocks, more clothes, more furniture, and more than one type of flower. Sorry if this seems rude, I don't mean to be rude. I really love 8bitmmo, and I want more people to play and enjoy this game like I do. Again, this is not meant to be rude. Thank you to those who took the time to read this. And please share your thoughts on the matter.

Love and Insanity, From Sunset

#2 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

This game has been around for about 15 years and there are only 114 blocks (discluding plat items, the pocket townstone, and the mystbox). So yeah, we definitely need more blocks.

FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#3 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

You're 100% right Virgonian Sunset, it's a shame that nothing has been updated, 9bitmmo is great, But I feel we need something fresh, something new, something shiny in the world of 8bitmmo. I don't think it's that hard to design a new block, or even a new entire set of blocks. I just want something new, we all want something new! :/

bumchin               furychin

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> [GLOBAL] <bumchin> selling kidney's 1k each

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> <Waldin> kidney0s?
                                 [17:47] <@EightBitMMO> <bumchin> The ones you harvest out of people >;D

#4 Morriganna

Morriganna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:12 PM

It could be something as simple as a mannequin that we can dress to make more effective NPCs

#5 irondude

irondude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

I agree with you Sunset, coming from someone drifting from the game, I think we need some new things too.

Microwave, Coffeemakers, Freezers, Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, Different types of brick, new colors of cement, wood, and more weapons ofc. :D

"I'm a human bean" - TheGreatOnion 2016
"How dare you cheap button @-@" - irondude 2016 :P

"IRONDUDE IS BILL GATES!!!!" - The_Morphor 2016

"pyg" - kjh787

#6 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

Somewhere in the forums is a nice page-long post about this dating back to late last year sometime.  The TLDR version of it is that content and feature updates have not led to statistically significant increased user activity.  Thus, my time can be used most effectively by working on something new for us to enjoy.  There's already years of updates in 8BitMMO, so please enjoy those for now so you can enjoy something else exciting in the future :)

#7 Starmanfan

Starmanfan

Pixel Pistol Perfect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:40 PM

Somewhere in the forums is a nice page-long post about this dating back to late last year sometime.  The TLDR version of it is that content and feature updates have not led to statistically significant increased user activity.  Thus, my time can be used most effectively by working on something new for us to enjoy.  There's already years of updates in 8BitMMO, so please enjoy those for now so you can enjoy something else exciting in the future :)

Years of updates doesn't mean they're still gonna play. As many have already said, the current content gets old. They're not enjoyable if they've been "enjoyed" for ages. Also we have been "enjoying" those features for ages and I'm sure you know it.

Lack of updates have caused a decrease in players; and don't say they left for other reasons, Since several of them left SPECIFICALLY for that reason. So as "content and feature updates have not led to statistically increased user activity", it has kept regular numbers in check, and less updates does result in declining playerbase. Plus it motivates your regulars, aka the people who support the game, aka the people who buy plat and represent what your game is (and from what I know, they seem to represent to the new players more than you).

The main reason content updates probably haven't increased any players into the playerbase is because thousands have quit and probably will never take a look at this game again; and the new players do exactly the same thing because there have been little updates.

That was also late last year, which would have been at least 4 months ago. That's 1/3 of a year. Things change.

Even a megamap update would satisfy a handful of players. it's been about 7 months since the last update. People would at least like to see what they make (like me) on the game's map. 

Not trying to be rude here, or start conflict, but this is my honest opinion on what you just said. 

Kralereth Starmanfan Font

#8 Morriganna

Morriganna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

Translation = *Sunset Censored this to avoid being banned*

#9 8bittbro

8bittbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:10 AM

Sorry I have to say, but i agree with everyone. Sim9 also says new updates like what we want only keep players, not attract new ones, well if we lose them all there will only be up to like 8 per day, plus if we keep players then we can keep players that newly join when they are fascinated  by the blocks they see, and probably tell friends, making this game better, sim9 you make things like the forum and suggestion thing but you don't even listen to us, which you need to do more often.... I have tried giving things to the community and attract new players but with this little things, this game seems boring, and when you see the preview of the game on steam and stuff it shows lots of players, but now there isn't, i bet if you were to ask everyone to go to one point only like 5 people would go usually. We are losing so much and i don't want this to happen. Sorry for this long message but i hope you do good :D

#10 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:23 AM

You know I was gonna try and be nice, but hell with that; it's rant time

You have players quitting left and right because this game is getting absolutely no attention, and so you reference some post about how new content doesn't affect player activity (which, frankly, sounds like total bull****) and say you're "working on something new for us to enjoy" when from what I've seen no one even cares about 9bit and people are quitting from a lack of decent 8bit updates, so while you're off brushing off requests for necessary updates andpretending you're doing something for the players, this game is dying. So you essentially have two options: you can get back to adding real content and some fresh new updates, or you can let this game crumble before your eyes. It's your choice.

FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png

#11 Starmanfan

Starmanfan

Pixel Pistol Perfect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:32 AM

You know I was gonna try and be nice, but hell with that; it's rant time

You have players quitting left and right because this game is getting absolutely no attention, and so you reference some post about how new content doesn't affect player activity (which, frankly, sounds like total bull****) and say you're "working on something new for us to enjoy" when from what I've seen no one even cares about 9bit and people are quitting from a lack of decent 8bit updates, so while you're off brushing off requests for necessary updates andpretending you're doing something for the players, this game is dying. So you essentially have two options: you can get back to adding real content and some fresh new updates, or you can let this game crumble before your eyes. It's your choice.

You know what? This is basically everything.

You know what else? If updates won't save this game, answer me this sim9, what will?

We're not saying this for no reason. If this game is so player made, maybe you should listen to us? 

If we didn't care about this game or wanted to hurt it, do you really think we'd go this far? If you can't be a good enough dev to upload even a SIMPLE DECORATIVE ITEM in a decent timespan, then maybe you should let someone take over.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there are people out there who actually want to play a game that will die because the dev can't be bothered to save it.

Kralereth Starmanfan Font

#12 diamond655

diamond655

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:37 AM

...You know what? I'm with Kral on this.

This game is DYING, Sim. Your 8-bit world is BURNING. Because you're brushing off necessary updates to the game itself, and working first and foremost on what can best be described as OVERPRICED DLC. TheWorldWideGamer is considering leaving, VirgoanSunset97 is GONE, and gave ME their town, 8bittbro might be leaving, and I am only sticking around because I want to see if you actually TRY to keep your game alive, at the VERY LEAST.

Can you AT LEAST tell us what you're working on that completely prevents updates?

I have a feeling you're gonna delete this post, purely because you seem to be deleting the ones that seem to be a bit meaner. And I am sorry. But you have to TELL US what you're working on that warrants no game updates for a MONTH, and no megamap updates for EIGHT. We're the reason this game's servers remain paid for. We're the reason this game continues to expand. And we're the reason your game still exists. And your lack of updates and leaving us in the dark? Just driving us away.

If you don't tell us what's oh-so-important soon, the game is gonna go down. And you just might go down with it, as to my knowledge, this is your only source of income.

#13 Terrarian

Terrarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:42 AM

Since Sim9 is probably gonna hide/delete/lock my thread, I'm just gonna say that I'm here to see him pay his respects, and until he does so, I won't leave.

If he lets it die w/o giving a proper funeral, I will

bOJpS3V.gif

"If it doesn't work, try again.

If it still doesn't work, try a different way or work on a different idea.

When you solve the original problem in the different project, apply, test, and improve."

~ Me on how to succeed. Whether it be in programming, math, or life.

#14 Kalaris

Kalaris

Lord of the Kitty Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:41 AM

Today will be my last day to play 8BitMMO. I'll just have to re-organize some stuff from my towns and safes and I'm done. Sim9, why did you lock my post? Did you even look at the post I made? Some of the information there were totally different than the ones said in this thread.  This is what I'm talking about. You have changed. And it's not a good change. I already gave up on 8BitMMO and I'm just using my time in school to type all of this out. If you would actually LISTEN to us for ****s sake, you won't regret it. Farewell community.

Oh, and inb4 you will just lock this thread up because you don't give two ****s about anything we say. Goodbye for real.

http://forums.8bitmm...well-community/

2196ow0.jpg

#15 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

Today will be my last day to play 8BitMMO. I'll just have to re-organize some stuff from my towns and safes and I'm done. Sim9, why did you lock my post? Did you even look at the post I made? Some of the information there were totally different than the ones said in this thread.  This is what I'm talking about. You have changed. And it's not a good change. I already gave up on 8BitMMO and I'm just using my time in school to type all of this out. If you would actually LISTEN to us for ****s sake, you won't regret it. Farewell community.

Oh, and inb4 you will just lock this thread up because you don't give two ****s about anything we say. Goodbye for real.

http://forums.8bitmm...well-community/

Something needs to be done. You can't keep whipping a dead horse Robby. There needs to be something new in this game, a few new blocks, something to keep us going. This is an MMO, they are meant to frequently updated, look at LOL or WOW. They are being updated constantly. This is something you should do Robby, listen to the players, they are going to give the best advice you can receive.

#16 TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

Content and feature updates have not led to statistically significant increased user activity.

You want increased user activity? Make a minecraft clone, create a Candy Crush lookalike, build an Age-of-Empires Facebook wannabe. Create a generic copy of any successful or popular game on the market to a very close degree with the addition of paid benefits, memberships, and premium purchases. Do that, and you're guaranteed to see an increase in user activity. But we all know you don't work that way. You create updates and develop games simply because you enjoy it, because you crave innovation and the invention of something new and wonderful. There is no reason why this drought of updates should exist other than your own personal loss of interest. Do not stoop down to the level of forcing a reason on something so insignificant and petty as user activity to justify your actions.

#17 irondude

irondude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Welp, I have barely anything to rant about, even though I do. But THIS GAME IS DYING FAST. And it's true, so true. It's dying so fast there aren't even any noobs to ask any dumb questions (no offence to y'all) but simply there's no new content, most of the community is split in half, great players quitting left and right. The problem is that it's supoused to be "player made" but's it's not. why not just listen to the community, if you aren't gonna, why's there even a suggestion box? none of the suggestions have been used anyways. (that i've seen)

All i'm saying is that untill there's something new, i'm not gonna hang around much.

Also, if this wasn't supoused to be a "minecraft like" then why are so many of the features in it like minecraft?

*cough *cough 3d mode *cough *cough

I mean, why Not?

Many players today came looking for minecraft anyways.

I know there's the hard part about coding and such, yes, yes, some features may take a while, but even though it's your game, it is still a "player made world".

"I'm a human bean" - TheGreatOnion 2016
"How dare you cheap button @-@" - irondude 2016 :P

"IRONDUDE IS BILL GATES!!!!" - The_Morphor 2016

"pyg" - kjh787

#18 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Welp, I have barely anything to rant about, even though I do. But THIS GAME IS DYING FAST. And it's true, so true. It's dying so fast there aren't even any noobs to ask any dumb questions (no offence to y'all) but simply there's no new content, most of the community is split in half, great players quitting left and right. The problem is that it's supoused to be "player made" but's it's not. why not just listen to the community, if you aren't gonna, why's there even a suggestion box? none of the suggestions have been used anyways. (that i've seen)

All i'm saying is that untill there's something new, i'm not gonna hang around much.

Also, if this wasn't supoused to be a "minecraft like" then why are so many of the features in it like minecraft?

*cough *cough 3d mode *cough *cough

I mean, why Not?

Many players today came looking for minecraft anyways.

I know there's the hard part about coding and such, yes, yes, some features may take a while, but even though it's your game, it is still a "player made world".

3D construction sandbox is kind of it's own subgenre, not really a specific game

Also: A collection of everything Sim9 said the night before last:
<sim9> I've already discussed this topic extensively in the forums
<sim9> I don't have anything to add beyond what is already written

<sim9> We just don't need three threads on the same topic

<sim9> I'm not working on 8Bit stuff, I've been up front about that since I switched gears last year

<sim9> Not yet, soon probably
<sim9> Out of cash before long

<sim9> Tried that for years, and it didn't work out well
<sim9> Nope.  I've done bigger updates and had less success
<sim9> Transponders, quest system, pvp, etc
<sim9> No update significantly changed our metrics

<sim9> ugh
<sim9> You don't get to say I didn't spend time and effort when I spent years updating this game
<sim9> Meanwhile, you reject the possibility of an even greater experience
<sim9> out.

And my personal favorite:
<sim9> lol what

P.S.: the chatlogs that are shown together aren't necessarily together on IRC, they were just all sent within the same 2-3 minutes

FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png

#19 TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:10 PM

Am I wrong to suggest you simply do not believe the game is dying? You have made no apology or reassurance over the subject matter for the creation of a new update, which leads me to believe that whatever project you've been so invested on finishing has nothing to do with 8bit or 9bit. You claimed to already have "weighed your peace on the matter" when my older forum post was presented in #mods so it should be safe to assume that you will not be swayed by any of our opinions, regardless of how much protest is received for it. Am I wrong to assume this? Then allow me to set a formal precedent clear so that we can all understand what it is you've been trying to say.

You have absolutely no intention of adding more 8bit content for this game's foreseeable future. To you, the life of the recurring community is trivial. For as long as this game has players, and any increase of updates will not change the number of players, then nothing else should be of concern. You seem to possess perfect knowledge of the elasticity of the playerbase, and we are all somehow able to cast aside our sentiments for 8bitmmo simply because we are expected to embrace new possibilities. In other words, you no longer have any interest in improving this game and we should all be willing to accept this reality.

Then I apologize, Robby Zinchak. I wish I were more open-minded to accept this new utopia. I wish I could better see the future through your eyes. Asking me to remain grateful for the current state of the game is, for me, an impossible request. I do not doubt that this future could hold new possibilities but regretfully, it is not a future I will partake in.

#20 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

We keep saying this over and over again Robby, the game is dying, I know it's had years of updates but it doesn't mean the game is entirely finished. Just because you see it as a finished game doesn't mean it's going to be perfect. And I thought there was going to monthly updates on the megamap, I'm not sure what's going on, and I can't see 8bitmmo as a game progressing any further. We as the players just want some form of justification whether you are completely finished with the game.

And if so, us players will stop nagging you for answers, questions and complaints. Because as far as us players, we are wasting are time completely if you're done in the development of 8bitmmo. And if so, I will be considering leaving the game for good. If I do leave, players can contact me on steam, I'm called bumchin.

Also, a solution that I think could work is why not hand the game over to someone who has the knowledge and understanding of coding and game making. They might be interested in updating and keeping the game alive, I know it sounds a bit farfetched but it's an option. If you're not interested, then someone else might be. Why not create a team, this is something that makes me scratch my head, why just be one single developer when you can produce updates much more efficiently on a bigger scale. It would boost the games production level in my opinion.