Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Player Encouragement Event

event giveaway

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

Spoiler

Review (Sorry for a late review):

1) Starter Gifts Giveaway: 34 gifts have been given.

2) Player helping event: There was no entry, but I'd like to give this gift to Boboloso VIIII, I saw him helping players a lot of time, even the time before this event.

3) Building rush event: No entry, but I have selected 3 best buildings that new players have built in my town (Beginner Town) for the reward.

4) Goal reaching: We've achieved a 10000 gold giveaway! The giveaway will start on Friday, February 20th EST time

5JAvWIK.png    64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png

Name: CD87

Birthday: Unknown

Favorite item: KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Special ability: Can troll anyone, even Sim9

Gold count: Well, i'm poor :(

#2 TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

It's a little painful for me to see these posts because I know how difficult it is to push for actual change in this game. Believe me when I say an event like this would actually help this game given it's the first pop-up you'd see when logging in. However, having it available only on the forums is not nearly enough to instigate as great of an impact as it claims to be capable of. As a result, players struggle to make a lasting difference in this game. Builders can make a structure or two, and the best one can hope for is having it featured on the sidebar which, sadly enough, gets forgotten after a short while. In a game with a complete player-made environment, players have surprisingly little impact or voice on the actual development and improvement of this game in general. I do not speak out of sheer criticism of the game more so than an observation of the state of 8bitmmo as it currently stands. I personally do not know what Mr. Zinchak does with his time, and he likely is already improving the game to the greatest extent of his own ability, but as it currently stands, this game is declining and has been doing so for quite a long time. I do not speak out of pessimism nor do I lambaste Mr. Zinchak's fulfillment of his duties as a developer, but the game itself has stagnated, and this is the truth.  

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

It's a little painful for me to see these posts because I know how difficult it is to push for actual change in this game. Believe me when I say an event like this would actually help this game given it's the first pop-up you'd see when logging in. However, having it available only on the forums is not nearly enough to instigate as great of an impact as it claims to be capable of. As a result, players struggle to make a lasting difference in this game. Builders can make a structure or two, and the best one can hope for is having it featured on the sidebar which, sadly enough, gets forgotten after a short while. In a game with a complete player-made environment, players have surprisingly little impact or voice on the actual development and improvement of this game in general. I do not speak out of sheer criticism of the game more so than an observation of the state of 8bitmmo as it currently stands. I personally do not know what Mr. Zinchak does with his time, and he likely is already improving the game to the greatest extent of his own ability, but as it currently stands, this game is declining and has been doing so for quite a long time. I do not speak out of pessimism nor do I lambaste Mr. Zinchak's fulfillment of his duties as a developer, but the game itself has stagnated, and this is the truth.  

RobbyZ doesn't give the players enough power to make a change. It's like 8bitmmo is his personal sandbox and we should just enjoy it. But remember: He is more dependent on us than we are on him... inb4 Ramos flies into a rage again

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#4 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

RobbyZ doesn't give the players enough power to make a change. It's like 8bitmmo is his personal sandbox and we should just enjoy it. But remember: He is more dependent on us than we are on him... inb4 Ramos flies into a rage again

Like you said... we could hold a riot and be like GIVE US THE SHIZ N STUFF!

bumchin               furychin

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> [GLOBAL] <bumchin> selling kidney's 1k each

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> <Waldin> kidney0s?
                                 [17:47] <@EightBitMMO> <bumchin> The ones you harvest out of people >;D

#5 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

Like you said... we could hold a riot and be like GIVE US THE SHIZ N STUFF!

That would only work if we had enough actives to stop buying plat items and donating to monthbits...

Which means that if we can somehow prevent Kjh787 from spending money on 8bitmmo, we win!

#6 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

Cowboy pumpkin with pink shirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

That would only work if we had enough actives to stop buying plat items and donating to monthbits...

Which means that if we can somehow prevent Kjh787 from spending money on 8bitmmo, we win!

We don't win.

Do you seriously believe he will give us free stuff? He will just scrap the game and work in something else, he's already sick of most of us i bet.

#7 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

We don't win.

Do you seriously believe he will give us free stuff? He will just scrap the game and work in something else, he's already sick of most of us i bet.

He needs the money somehow, and when Kjh stops, everything stops.

#8 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

I highly doubt you have the prizes, neither that all the giveaways done... I have never seen more than 40 people online... Except when that 1.0 update.

#9 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:46 AM

I highly doubt you have the prizes, neither that all the giveaways done... I have never seen more than 40 people online... Except when that 1.0 update.

True... but hey, the prize is huge, isn't it?

I have nothing more to say...

But I'm not leaving yet, which means i still believe in the game. If i didn't, I'd have left 7 months ago.

Finally, don't make this thread go too off-topic.

#10 TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

If you actually cross the 40 player threshold, I will personally fund this whole event.

#11 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

Cowboy pumpkin with pink shirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:29 PM

He needs the money somehow, and when Kjh stops, everything stops.

So are you fighting to close the game forever? That is pointless.

#12 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

So are you fighting to close the game forever? That is pointless.

I'm not actively getting him to quit, I'm just saying that without Kjh, Robby's earnings would plummet.

#13 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

If you actually cross the 40 player threshold, I will personally fund this whole event.

:o What?

You don't have to...really...

#14 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Bump! We have reached 30 players online!

#15 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

Second and last bump. I need to review everything we've achieved.