Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Well, the ARG has ended. The plans weren't unveiled but here you go. RETROPOLIS!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

This is a NON PLOT TOWN. I'm the only one who will build there. 

Basically, Retropolis is a retro-futuristic town which offers services.

Planned: Plat store, telehub.

Finished: Fee door gamble, Roll of Spleef

Most favored donations: Feedoors, safes, gold, both kinds of game reviewer spawners.

You can come visit at /tele Retropolis. My first pixel art is built a bit northwest of the town.

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#2 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

Cowboy pumpkin with pink shirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

How original.

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

How original.

Chris, let me ask you something. If any other person than me posted this, would you still respond like that? I don't think so. Why don't you leave your hatred for me behind?

#4 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

I, for one, support you in the making of this town. Just as long a there's retro-style rocket ship SOMEWHERE in the city. Nothing is retro-future without a retro rocket.

Dire Game Reviewer is not impressed

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#5 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

Chris, let me ask you something. If any other person than me posted this, would you still respond like that? I don't think so. Why don't you leave your hatred for me behind?

Everyone says that In-game, without the need to post a thread.

It's still not original even if TheGreatOnion or El Dromedario made something like this. This is a newbie idea as they all:

1. Fail at making a farm probably because running out of gold.

2. Their town gets filled with Noob houses (Not your case because it's a non-plot town)

3. They can't even afford 10 Wild Grass to make a spleef arena, and door spleef is overrated and boring.

4. The hosts are always friends of the actual mayor, leading to a crappy game host which makes an error every second.

5. The banks are useless, everyone have safe at home.

6. The Fee-Plat items are always filled with crappy overpriced plat items. Such as "CAT SPNWAN - 8000G!!!!!"

Also that nobody trusts that way of buying plat items anymore.

7. Who would even buy plat items when they can get all they want from Spleef winning a round? :3

8. If the town is going to be "Retro-Themed" then what is this game? What is this game based on?

9. If you make pixel art inside your town, you are going to have a bad time. You can't afford that much expands if you want to make something epic.

10 and last: I never leave people i dislike alone. Mods know that well.

#6 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:24 PM

It's still not original even if TheGreatOnion or El Dromedario made something like this. This is a newbie idea as they all:

2. Their town gets filled with Noob houses (Not your case because it's a non-plot town)

3. They can't even afford 10 Wild Grass to make a spleef arena, and door spleef is overrated and boring.

4. The hosts are always friends of the actual mayor, leading to a crappy game host which makes an error every second.

6. The Fee-Plat items are always filled with crappy overpriced plat items. Such as "CAT SPNWAN - 8000G!!!!!"

7. Who would even buy plat items when they can get all they want from Spleef winning a round? :3

8. If the town is going to be "Retro-Themed" then what is this game? What is this game based on?

9. If you make pixel art inside your town, you are going to have a bad time. You can't afford that much expands if you want to make something epic.

1: Same for the region limit. 

2: Good point. People need to have some quality control. That was one of the rules of my old town. We didn't enforce masterpieces but ugly houses weren't allowed.

3: Legit, but how about fake spleef?

4: Most hosts tend to be well connected to the mayor, because the game has a small active community

5: My bank was (I canned the idea) meant for start ups.

6: Good point. We need less fluctuating plat prices

7: lol, good luck finding a host, let alone winning.

8: There's a difference between retro and retrofuturistic. In fact, the town was supposed to be normal futuristic but because of this game's lack of blocks, I had to 'downgrade'

9: That's why I always make pixel art outside of my town. Far away enough to not be in the borders but close enough to be inside the range where you can't put a town next to another one.

10: I tend to be more subtle, but I see where you're coming from.

#7 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

He's building a pixel art outside his town not in it. Also, wildgrass is 10x cheaper than it used to be so he's less likely to fail at that.
Doorspleef is fun, just because you son't like it doesn't make it bad.
Who's to say Sneaky's shop won't be using buyboxes? And it's the people selling items that put the price too high, not the method.
Finally, even if Sneaky does run out of money at some point he can farm for more, and probably acknowledges this will take time and has patience.
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#8 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

Also, wildgrass is 10x cheaper than it used to be so he's less likely to fail at that.

When and how did this happen?

#9 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

When and how did this happen?

Wildgrass was a bonus item during novemberbit (donate $50+ and get 1 wg for every $1 donated) and so now it's much more common and its price has dropped from 50k a piece to 5k a piece.
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#10 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

I could leave my hate for Sneaky aside, he reminded me this is a small community, we can't hate each others that much.

My hate list still include Kralereth and some random dude at IRC though. AND VALUE.

Though wild grass now is like 15k you can't go buying more than 10, my point stands still.

And by the way, I AM A HOST OF SPLEEF, THE ORIGINAL, and i do host frequently.

#11 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

I could leave my hate for Sneaky aside, he reminded me this is a small community, we can't hate each others that much.

My hate list still include Kralereth and some random dude at IRC though. AND VALUE.

Though wild grass now is like 15k you can't go buying more than 10, my point stands still.

I must admit, I was too harsh on Robby. My opinions still stand, but I don't hate the guy.

#12 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:53 PM

I must admit, I was too harsh on Robby. My opinions still stand, but I don't hate the guy.

I don't blame you, but coming back and saying you support the community is just hypocrit after saying some things.

It's okay that you regret now. If you are wondering, i won't go in any further in discussions against you.

#13 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:36 AM

Awww... so you DON'T hate me! How sweet of you.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#14 Starmanfan

Starmanfan

Pixel Pistol Perfect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:58 AM

>hates kralereth but not pika
Also, I bought 100 wildgrass from grim for 300k. 300k per 100 = 3k per 1.
also THE ORIGINAL I feel is directed toward me. >_>
And I haven't seen anyone host spleef in a few days. (Onion has some sort of a mouse issue)

Kralereth Starmanfan Font

#15 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

Awww... so you DON'T hate me! How sweet of you.

I don't hate you, i just think you are disgusting, i pity you instead.

Get well from your diarrhea.

#16 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

I believe that if you can make make it sneakysneakers, it will be great. Chris tbh, the guy can build what he wants original or not. I'll be popping down to see it when it's built! c:

bumchin               furychin

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> [GLOBAL] <bumchin> selling kidney's 1k each

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> <Waldin> kidney0s?
                                 [17:47] <@EightBitMMO> <bumchin> The ones you harvest out of people >;D