2016 Building Contest
So a few weeks ago (late November) I got the idea to make a building contest (and not one with mediocre prizes!). Well, I've finally gotten all the prizes gathered and everything set up (about 6 weeks later) and now it's time to host it.
1st place: 100k, a townstone, and a Meep (custom item made by Grim)
2nd place: 75k and a townstone
3rd place: 50k
1st-5th place: 2 2k regionexpands
1st-10th place: 3 large ownerboxes
Rules & Requirements:
To join just ask one of the judges while they're online.
You must be level 6 to participate.
Judges cannot participate.
There is no theme; additionally the structure you build can be anything from a house to a pixel art to a vehicle.
Do not build outside your plot (this means no building on or over the plot outline).
Do not build so high that you block another plot.
Your structure cannot be a copy of another player's structure (though it can be a copy of one you have made before).
Your structure does not have to fill your plot completely.
Both the interior and exterior of your structure will be judged.
All structures will be judged by their appearance in 2D mode (since some people don't have 3D mode).
- The contest will begin on the 8th at 12:00 P.M. U.S. Central Time and Stage I will end on the 15th at 8 P.M. mountain time
- Each contestant will be given a 16x16 building spot to build their structure
- Each contestant will have 48 hours from when they entered to finish their structure
- You can join at any point during Stage I
- At the end of the contest, the structures will be judged and a top 10 will be picked. The top 10 structures will be screenshotted and posted in this thread and their creators will move on to Stage II (all the structures from Stage I will be removed shortly after)
- Each of the top 10 contestants will be given a 32x32 plot in which to build their second structure
- Stage II will begin on the 18th at 12:00 P.M. U.S. mountain time and end on the 23rd at 8:00 P.M. mountain time
- Each contestant will have until the end of Stage II to finish their structure
- At the end of Stage II the structures will be judged and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th places will be chosen and prizes will be handed out accordingly
Kralereth ------------ Judge and host
TheGreatOnion ---- Judge
kjh787 --------------- Judge
ShadowOfLight ---- Donor: donated 100k and 10 2k regionexpands
SapphireCoyote --- Donor: Donated a Meep
Now, if you're still there this will be hosted at /tele Build