Photo
- - - - -

Official gold-plat conversion according to the in-game store

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:06 AM

Yes, I actually did this. I went into the store, and figured out how much 1 plat would cost in gold. And... here are my findings:

First of all, I divided the #g by the #plat in each store offering. This gives me the average for each offering. Here are the results:

See a pattern emerging? I do too. However, we need the solid average in order to get a full conversion. So... after adding them all up and dividing by how many there are... I found the average:

141.92 is the absolute average. However, we need to round, seeing as both currencies don't use decimals. Here's the in-game currency average:

142g

This is... this is incredible. Even when I checked the Steam DLC, it evened out to 140 on the dot, each. That's not incredible on it's own, it's how sim9 logged on in the middle of the discussion, and said how ironic it was, how townstones used to cost under this average. However... what he said next surprised me quite a bit. It's not intentional. For some reason, sim9's numbers line up to the same approximate number. And, to pile that on, with the current rate of 1k gold to 1plat, our economy is inflated 7.4x over the natural cost. So... technically, if we buy 1 platscreen TV from someone, we could've paid for 7 of them. That's what a not clear currency conversion can do to an economy....

Dire Game Reviewer is not impressed

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#2 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:25 AM

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! SO THE TRUE PRICE OF A TOWNSTONE IS 1420G?!?!!??!! 

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#3 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for the scarecrow that was pretty interesting. All though this is the natural price ud oubt players will take this on board.... 100g for a townstone! @-@
Thanks for the scarecrow that was pretty interesting. All though this is the natural price ud oubt players will take this on board.... 100g for a townstone! @-@

bumchin               furychin

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> [GLOBAL] <bumchin> selling kidney's 1k each

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> <Waldin> kidney0s?
                                 [17:47] <@EightBitMMO> <bumchin> The ones you harvest out of people >;D

#4 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:45 PM

However, keeping this all in mind, people who sell plat items do need to make a profit... and inflation is hard to control.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! SO THE TRUE PRICE OF A TOWNSTONE IS 1420G?!?!!??!! 

Hmm...

*Does some calculations*

Yep. 1420g for a single townstone.

Dire Game Reviewer is not impressed

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#5 Prince

Prince

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:08 PM

Always said #TheZoo was a major cause of inflation.

R.I.P. Prince Rogers Nelson

Jun 07, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016

Ƭ̵̬̊

#6 Prince

Prince

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

Some more interesting facts:

I think it's possible to make 2000 gold every 45 minutes, so let's call that 2667 gold per hour.

If we assume that playing 8BitMMO was a 9 to 5 job with a 1 hour break, that's 8 hours of farming which equates to 21336 gold a day.

Using the Limited Special package (1250g for $4.99), $1 is approx. 250g

Therefore playing 8BitMMO will net you $10.67 an hour, or $85.34 a day.

Well, it's possible to hit the gold cycle limit with or without a farm, so I disagree.

Yes but it makes it much easier for people to reach the limit which means more people will try or have time to.

R.I.P. Prince Rogers Nelson

Jun 07, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016

Ƭ̵̬̊