Photo
- - - - -

Unable to buy packs with current Steam currency.

Best Answer RobbyZ , 08 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

Resolved with new currency support added yesterday

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kalaris

Kalaris

Lord of the Kitty Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:29 PM

A few weeks ago, I decided to support 8bitmmo Novemberbit by buying the Steam pack. I opened 8bitmmo and selected "Get Gold" from the menu. What I saw was a bunch of normal offers, but no such thing as a "buy" button. I pressed everywhere on the screen, but no result. So I went to the Steam Page of 8bitmmo and only saw the option to get the game, but no option to buy DLC/Packs. I then realized that it might be due to the fact that Steam decided to mess with me and change my currency from USD to HKD. I asked them to change it back by contact but they won't allow it. I contacted them again, but they just keep replying the same thing. What can I do?

Also abt, please don't reply if you want to make fun of me. I used to respect you, but what you said to me the last time I posted... 

2196ow0.jpg

#2 Kalaris

Kalaris

Lord of the Kitty Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

HKD? I don't quite know what that is. I thought it was switched to CDN.

Hong Kong Dollars.

2196ow0.jpg

#3 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

HKD? I don't quite know what that is. I thought it was switched to CDN.

Hong Kong Dollars.

First... oops a double post. Second... umm... maybe go into your Steam Settings? It might have switched them there... or possible it messed up and geo-located your Steam to somewhere in China. Maybe it's using a Chinese server. These are just shots in the dark, but hopefully they'll help somewhat.

Dire Game Reviewer is not impressed

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#4 Kalaris

Kalaris

Lord of the Kitty Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

I live in hong kong. But USD always worked for me, so i dont know why they decided to do it the minute before i opened the get gold. I see no option to change the current steam settings. Tricking the website to US only makes the offers USD but wont change my currency.

2196ow0.jpg

#5 ScarecrowAtMidnight

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

I live in hong kong. But USD always worked for me, so i dont know why they decided to do it the minute before i opened the get gold. I see no option to change the current steam settings. Tricking the website to US only makes the offers USD but wont change my currency.

Okay... so geo-located servers are not the problem. Maybe look in... *shudder* the Steam discussions?

Dire Game Reviewer is not impressed

nJ7LiDl.png?1

#6 Kalaris

Kalaris

Lord of the Kitty Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:50 AM

Very important bump.

2196ow0.jpg

#7 RobbyZ