Photo
- - - - -

Let's put a stop to this argument.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Spoiler

So a few days ago, i made a post implying that 8bitMMO is not "frequently updated" and i "forced" Robby to update the game. But because of my bad English, i posted that in a rude way.

The reason why i made this was the similarities between the situation in this game right now and my old memory in another game, (where i was a moderator) It was just a weird feeling. It was like you had broken up with a girlfriend because of a potato (Pun intended). And now you had a new girlfriend, but you 2 were fighting about the same potato as the last. Would you put a stop to that? Or you would let the same thing happen again? Ok here's my backstory:

Spoiler

The day before i made this edit, i looked back from 8bit's history. I read Robby's blog. There's a line in one of those blogs that made me rethink a moment: "....they were really enjoying the game, and telling how much they loved the game....". So i tried it out myself. I asked 5 guys who were online. (2 of them were newbies). The quesiton were: "Do you like this game?". I recieved 5 "yes" in a few seconds. Without a doubt, i knew that the game is still alive, and the flame of playing 7bit inside me hasn't been extinguished yet.

And finally, sorry for being rude to you, Robby. You're a great person, and the game is great although it has flaws. But i hope the game will never die in the world of MMOs. :)

Best wishes

CD87

...Wait, it's not a letter, is it?

Edited by CD87, 09 October 2015 - 12:44 PM.

5JAvWIK.png    64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png

Name: CD87

Birthday: Unknown

Favorite item: KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Special ability: Can troll anyone, even Sim9

Gold count: Well, i'm poor :(

#2 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:20 PM

You need to calm down, Sim isn't a bad dev, he's just busy with MoI, he's said he's going to do the normal halloween stuff and he's going to do novemberbit instead of octoberbit, he said he's planning something special for it and needs more time to prepare it so he's doing novemberbit instead of octoberbit
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#3 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

Who do you think you are???? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!?!?!?!?

Robbyz isn't your personal game developer, and doesn't and shouldn't cater you your foolish whims.  You obviously don't understand how much effort goes into programming games like this if you think he could just fulfill your wishes as if he was snapping his fingers. Robbyz said when he announced March of Industry that 8bitmmo was going to take a back seat for a while, and like it or not that is what is happening.  Robbyz had every right to say and do that, it is his game to work on (or not) as he pleases.  

You must have some nerve coming here and demanding your instant gratification and expecting everyone to just fall in step.  This game was around long before you showed up and we all have our own ideas for how to make the game 'better,' so get to the back of the line.  Robbyz has displayed from the start a willingness to take in community ideas, but that doesn't mean he will do whatever someone asks of him; its quite the opposite, he will look at what we have though of and make his own decision about it, like a normal human being.  News flash kid, the world doesn't revolve around you.  

Who do you think you are????

/rant

#4 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

That, CD87, is exceedingly rude.

Robby has been working on 8BitMMO for 14 years. He's around 30 years old. Do you understand that statement? Almost half of his life, and you join the game, insisting he work on the game again?

Robby is entirely within his own right to take a break and develop another game for a bit. Hell, he even gave you forewarning that 8BitMMO would be updated less! And was the game accepted as a welcome change? YES! Pay attention - many people here have and enjoy March of Industry, and embrace the change, while you sit here disrespecting Robby for doing what he wants.

As Kralereth said before, Robby's not ditched the game. Novemberbit will happen, and your Halloween will happen. Oh, and a quick note: Sim rarely repeats the same event! Yes, believe it or not, he tends to do things differently every year - April Fool's is never the same, for example.

Grow up and take a reality check. Robby is a human, not your servant. I fully appreciate what Robby does, and you should do better to take note of how hard making games is.

Needless to say, your "hidden message" has made a substantial amount of people angry.

7f44484767.png

#5 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:40 PM

Go grill yourself.

"Meep" - Meep

#6 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:36 AM

You need to calm down, Sim isn't a bad dev, he's just busy with MoI, he's said he's going to do the normal halloween stuff and he's going to do novemberbit instead of octoberbit, he said he's planning something special for it and needs more time to prepare it so he's doing novemberbit instead of octoberbit

Thanks for telling me this :D

I readed the message. Yeah, It's right. You think like me. I thought this on a looooong time ago.

>readed,  Best grammar ever 2015

Robbyz isn't your personal game developer, and doesn't and shouldn't cater you your foolish whims.  You obviously don't understand how much effort goes into programming games like this if you think he could just fulfill your wishes as if he was snapping his fingers. Robbyz said when he announced March of Industry that 8bitmmo was going to take a back seat for a while, and like it or not that is what is happening.  Robbyz had every right to say and do that, it is his game to work on (or not) as he pleases.  

You must have some nerve coming here and demanding your instant gratification and expecting everyone to just fall in step.  This game was around long before you showed up and we all have our own ideas for how to make the game 'better,' so get to the back of the line.  Robbyz has displayed from the start a willingness to take in community ideas, but that doesn't mean he will do whatever someone asks of him; its quite the opposite, he will look at what we have though of and make his own decision about it, like a normal human being.  News flash kid, the world doesn't revolve around you.  

Who do you think you are????

/rant

Re-read the hidden message 1. I didn't force him to do that. Robby didn't have to listen to my idea. The main point i want Robby to know is that he should spend more time in the game he has spent over 14 years (I think) making and developing 8bitMMO.  He chose the wrong time to make MOI because he hasn't fixed some main problems in 8bit. At least he should've solved that before making MOI. Will you believe that even if MOI is popular (and fun - of course it is as i'm enjoying it right now :) ), there'll be more people playing 8bit? I'm sorry, unless those problems are fixed, then i don't think so.

It's "If, then..." not "You must...or". According to kral, he will have something special for this norvemberbit (Not Octorbit), so he could ignore my idea, and that's fine to me because RE-READ THE MESSAGE  ************ (<----- Censored because of the kids) 

/rant

I think i'm a PLAYER. The rules didn't say that PLAYERS don't have the rights to leave comments and sugggestions? Maybe i'm a bit rude/bad about it (READ THE BIG NOTE - I told ya, but you guys didn't even read it even it was BIG)  I know this would happened if someone ignored my note. :( Also, I didn't insult anyone, it's just a little bit rude/bad, and then you guys will think i'm an ******* (<---- Censored again).

One more thing, i'm not a normal-type player. If i were, i'd have left even BEFORE MOI came out :/.

I look at the game in many aspects. I have another ability (Beside the ability to troll anyone, even Sim9 lol) that is speaking and listening to newbies.  Have you ever spent time talking to new players? Have you? Only if you talk to them, you'll find out the problem. I love listening to them because they are interesting, and some of it are even funny :D

That, CD87, is exceedingly rude.

As Kralereth said before, Robby's not ditched the game. Novemberbit will happen, and your Halloween will happen. Oh, and a quick note: Sim rarely repeats the same event! Yes, believe it or not, he tends to do things differently every year - April Fool's is never the same, for example.

Grow up and take a reality check. Robby is a human, not your servant. I fully appreciate what Robby does, and you should do better to take note of how hard making games is.

First line: I warned ya :shock:

Second and third: I'm glad it is

Fourth and fifth: I'm mature enough to write these. And yes, he's not my servant. And i also know how hard making games is (It's not easy - AT ALL)

Needless to say, your "hidden message" has made a substantial amount of people angry.

I've expected to see that since i made this post, so be happy and smile :YES:

Go grill yourself.

I had to put myself on an oven for over an hour just to came up with this idea, so don't worry, i'm very hot right now, and i need some water...  :crazyeye:

(Just realized that this forum didn't have this

Spoiler
)

Oh it does? Then i didn't have to turn my text invisible again (Yay :D)

Edited by CD87, 05 October 2015 - 03:39 AM.

#7 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for telling me this :D

>readed, Best grammar ever 2015

Re-read the hidden message 1. I didn't force him to do that. Robby didn't have to listen to my idea. The main point i want Robby to know is that he should spend more time in the game he has spent over 14 years (I think) making and developing 8bitMMO. He chose the wrong time to make MOI because he hasn't fixed some main problems in 8bit. At least he should've solved that before making MOI. Will you believe that even if MOI is popular (and fun - of course it is as i'm enjoying it right now :) ), there'll be more people playing 8bit? I'm sorry, unless those problems are fixed, then i don't think so.

It's "If, then..." not "You must...or". According to kral, he will have something special for this norvemberbit (Not Octorbit), so he could ignore my idea, and that's fine to me because RE-READ THE MESSAGE ************ (<----- Censored because of the kids)

I think i'm a PLAYER. The rules didn't say that PLAYERS don't have the rights to leave comments and sugggestions? Maybe i'm a bit rude/bad about it (READ THE BIG NOTE - I told ya, but you guys didn't even read it even it was BIG) I know this would happened if someone ignored my note. :( Also, I didn't insult anyone, it's just a little bit rude/bad, and then you guys will think i'm an ******* (<---- Censored again).

One more thing, i'm not a normal-type player. If i were, i'd have left even BEFORE MOI came out :/.
I look at the game in many aspects. I have another ability (Beside the ability to troll anyone, even Sim9 lol) that is speaking and listening to newbies. Have you ever spent time talking to new players? Have you? Only if you talk to them, you'll find out the problem. I love listening to them because they are interesting, and some of it are even funny :D

First line: I warned ya :shock:

Second and third: I'm glad it is

Fourth and fifth: I'm mature enough to write these. And yes, he's not my servant. And i also know how hard making games is (It's not easy - AT ALL)

I've expected to see that since i made this post, so be happy and smile :YES:

I had to put myself on an oven for over an hour just to came up with this idea, so don't worry, i'm very hot right now, and i need some water... :crazyeye:

(Just realized that this forum didn't have this

Spoiler
)

Oh it does? Then i didn't have to turn my text invisible again (Yay :D)

Congratulations, you just dismissed every complaint without actually mentioning the problem. Warning people isn't good enough ffs. And lastly, I'm a game developer. If I had seen someone post a topic like this, I wouldn't like it, so neither does Sim. 14 years is long enough to get bored of looking at lines of code and move on.

(also, yes, I speak to plentybof new players. Let's see... 2% end up active, 98% leave and never come back. There isn't a major problem, you just cannot please everyone.

7f44484767.png

#8 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Congratulations, you just dismissed every complaint without actually mentioning the problem. Warning people isn't good enough ffs. And lastly, I'm a game developer. If I had seen someone post a topic like this, I wouldn't like it, so neither does Sim. 14 years is long enough to get bored of looking at lines of code and move on.

(also, yes, I speak to plentybof new players. Let's see... 2% end up active, 98% leave and never come back. There isn't a major problem, you just cannot please everyone.

You're a game developer and you can't see the problem? Alright, i will tell ya in the "spoiler" part.

But seriously, what kind of developer/moderator are you when you didn't see the problem in a game?

I shouldn't have made this topic. The reason i made this is the situation of this game.... it brings back the memory while i was a moderator back in an old game :(  (i will tell it if i have to)

Spoiler

#9 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

You're a game developer and you can't see the problem? Alright, i will tell ya in the "spoiler" part.

But seriously, what kind of developer/moderator are you when you didn't see the problem in a game?

I shouldn't have made this topic. The reason i made this is the situation of this game.... it brings back the memory while i was a moderator back in an old game :(  (i will tell it if i have to)

Spoiler

Oh, I'm perfectly aware of 8BitMMO's issues. Trust me. But the problem is, it's a community game. You CANNOT make a game without issues, ESPECIALLY a community game. Communities change, face facts.

However, that's irrelevant to my post. I was referring to the problem that rather than kindly speak to sim about what you think, you insisted on being outright ungrateful and disrespectful to him, AND THEN brushed aside every complaint as if they meant nothing.

Also, don't dare question me being a game developer. http://scratso.com/pythianrealms

7f44484767.png

#10 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

Oh, I'm perfectly aware of 8BitMMO's issues. Trust me. But the problem is, it's a community game. You CANNOT make a game without issues, ESPECIALLY a community game. Communities change, face facts. (1)

However, that's irrelevant to my post. I was referring to the problem that rather than kindly speak to sim about what you think, you insisted on being outright ungrateful and disrespectful to him, AND THEN brushed aside every complaint as if they meant nothing. (2)

Also, don't dare question me being a game developer. http://scratso.com/pythianrealms

(1) It's true that we can't avoid issues, but the important part of this is: When will the problem be fixed? I know 8bit is a community game, and the fixing job might take longer, but seriously, 9 months? (Based on the date when the game was officially released) It's been 9 months and look at that, still the same dialogs and instructions. The tutorial is VERY important to a player, if it's bad, then they will more likely leave the game soon (Since they don't know what [How] to do [Something])

(2) The point of this thread is NOT reminding him about the problem of the game and telling Robby to   fix the problem, but is to advise him to spend more time on 8bit if you want this game to be as in 1.0     (I heard there were 200+ players online, and the command /who became useless since it couldn't show up all 200 players), especially at this time, when 2 seasonal events stands near each other (Maybe 3 if you include New Year's Eve), which are Halloween (aka Octorbit, or Novemberbit for this year) and Christmas (aka Bitmas, I wonder what this year will be...).

Last line: i apologize for thinking bad about you.

Congratulations! You're the 100th person to point out issues with the game! You win a free iPad!

Great! Now where's my ipad. I wanna play 8bit  :D (be on IRC).

#11 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:40 AM

(1) It's true that we can't avoid issues, but the important part of this is: When will the problem be fixed? I know 8bit is a community game, and the fixing job might take longer, but seriously, 9 months? (Based on the date when the game was officially released) It's been 9 months and look at that, still the same dialogs and instructions. The tutorial is VERY important to a player, if it's bad, then they will more likely leave the game soon (Since they don't know what [How] to do [Something])

(2) The point of this thread is NOT reminding him about the problem of the game and telling Robby to   fix the problem, but is to advise him to spend more time on 8bit if you want this game to be as in 1.0     (I heard there were 200+ players online, and the command /who became useless since it couldn't show up all 200 players), especially at this time, when 2 seasonal events stands near each other (Maybe 3 if you include New Year's Eve), which are Halloween (aka Octorbit, or Novemberbit for this year) and Christmas (aka Bitmas, I wonder what this year will be...).

Last line: i apologize for thinking bad about you.

Great! Now where's my ipad. I wanna play 8bit  :D (be on IRC).

>talks **** about 8bitmmo >wants to play it

robbyz has a life. He is not obliged to be constantly updating the game, so dont call him out on it. He has done nothing wrong, so why should he have to quit the game? And as the sole developer of the game, how would that even improve the situation? my suggestion is to stop posting stupid hidden messages insulting other people, and instead just post your ideas.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#12 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

>talks **** about 8bitmmo >wants to play it

robbyz has a life. He is not obliged to be constantly updating the game, so dont call him out on it. He has done nothing wrong, so why should he have to quit the game? And as the sole developer of the game, how would that even improve the situation? my suggestion is to stop posting stupid hidden messages insulting other people, and instead just post your ideas.

I'm not ssaying that he HAS TO update this game everyday/everyweek/everymonths. He can take his time updating the game, but 1/2 years? (From the time when the law office was updated to the time when megamap was updated). I'd quit rather than waiting for the next update. Right now there are FOUR reasons left to keep me stay, one of them is to wait for shcky to leave before i do (shcky and I made a bet or something like that, but he was so sure that i would quit before he does - which will hardly ever happen :))

And yeah, i've warned you but you ignored it.  Here, i will bring it for ya to read.

BIG NOTE! SPOILER BELOW! If you're NOT Robby, then don't read the hidden message below!

I don't want you to think i'm a bad/rude guy. D:

Fun fact: There have been 4 people who ignored my BIG note, even though it was BIG

#13 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

I'm not ssaying that he HAS TO update this game everyday/everyweek/everymonths. He can take his time updating the game, but 1/2 years? (From the time when the law office was updated to the time when megamap was updated). I'd quit rather than waiting for the next update. Right now there are FOUR reasons left to keep me stay, one of them is to wait for shcky to leave before i do (shcky and I made a bet or something like that, but he was so sure that i would quit before he does - which will hardly ever happen :))

And yeah, i've warned you but you ignored it. Here, i will bring it for ya to read.

Fun fact: There have been 4 people who ignored my BIG note, even though it was BIG

So robby is allowed to think bad of you but not us? Pathetic. And i read it, all it did was tell me there was a note below.

7f44484767.png

#14 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

I'm not ssaying that he HAS TO update this game 

Except you basically did...

If you can't even make this, or don't have a better idea, then You should quit 

That is exaclty what you said in your original post

Explain to me 1 good reason why something on a PUBLIC FORUM should be ignored? there are at least 5 ways i can think of off the top of my head to get in direct private contact with RobbyZ if you do desire, giving you no excuse to have to use this as you means of contacting him.  You put that there to be read.

#15 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:48 AM

I'd quit rather than waiting for the next update.

2EXEB4s.png

and instead of hiding the msg, you could have just pmed robbyz. he probably wouldnt bother looking at this thread anyway.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#16 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

2EXEB4s.png

and instead of hiding the msg, you could have just pmed robbyz. he probably wouldnt bother looking at this thread anyway.

I just realised that..... i didn't know how to post a private message. :o

Off topic: Who is the guy in the photo? He looks funny xD

Thread updated.

No more arguments about this anymore. Yes posting this was a bad idea and my English was not good enough to tell this with policy. I stopped this in order to not start a cold war.  :/

#17 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:01 PM

I just realised that..... i didn't know how to post a private message. :o

Off topic: Who is the guy in the photo? He looks funny xD

Thread updated.

No more arguments about this anymore. Yes posting this was a bad idea and my English was not good enough to tell this with policy. I stopped this in order to not start a cold war.  :/

i expect a public apology to sim9 :b

off topic: watch the "just do it" video.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#18 Xerp

Xerp

"Water" abuser

• Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

I Hate to be frank here... Sim9 Does a damn good job on this game.. Also this game is supposed to be created by the players thats why its created by the players the maps the towns etc.. ITS A SANDBOX MMO.. If you think the Tutorial world sucks.. Why dont you make one thats amazing and submit and show it to everyone etc. etc. Im just using that as an example.. Instead of complaining to everyone about how bad it is why dont you help sim achieve his goal by making a game built buy the players.. he programmed it he made it so we could use it as our sandbox.. Did you not see what Sage did with LOLCAT Headquarters? Come on guys.. Instead of complaining about these problems why dont you all build a map and submit it as an example.. you never know.. sim might add it to the game? be positive..

1349379032172.gif

#19 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:37 AM

I Hate to be frank here... Sim9 Does a damn good job on this game.. Also this game is supposed to be created by the players thats why its created by the players the maps the towns etc.. ITS A SANDBOX MMO.. If you think the Tutorial world sucks.. Why dont you make one thats amazing and submit and show it to everyone etc. etc. Im just using that as an example.. Instead of complaining to everyone about how bad it is why dont you help sim achieve his goal by making a game built buy the players.. he programmed it he made it so we could use it as our sandbox.. Did you not see what Sage did with LOLCAT Headquarters? Come on guys.. Instead of complaining about these problems why dont you all build a map and submit it as an example.. you never know.. sim might add it to the game? be positive..

I kinda did the same thing here Xerp... yet Sim didn't choose mine to become the new hipster quest... :(

So it kinda means you will have to make a exceptional recreation of the tutorial....

(Off topic here, but Xerp, your gif in the signature expired.)

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#20 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

I kinda did the same thing here Xerp... yet Sim didn't choose mine to become the new hipster quest... :(

So it kinda means you will have to make a exceptional recreation of the tutorial....

this is precisely the point, it encourages a race to the top, not a race to the bottom, which is unfortunately how our rewardblock system works right now.

that being said, the hipster dungeon was made by psy, and was(arguably is) as complete as a dungeon could be when it was made

also you should know sim9's relationship with psy, that was a tough hill to climb