Photo

Suggestions

suggest suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 javierfed

javierfed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

I wanted to start a thread of discussion around the suggestions for the game, which I know many of the community members have.

for my observations these are what I am seeing:

1. ability to stop the factory (i.e. stop factory activity, stop conveyor belts, stop machines, etc)

- I would like to add that pausing belts would be nice, but maybe being able to toggle things on and off would be nice too, like left or right clicking a machine in normal editing state would flip a lever on the machine toggling its state.

2. limit the range of the import to and export from box factory parts to just behind the machine.  aka opposite of the conveyor belt in its graphic.

3. would like to see factory parts not function until they are dropped by the player. lost many good items buy dragging a box past one export hub and it being grabbed in passing.

4. I suggested this at PAX today, just wanted to include it here, a sorting mechanism, which would enable a belt to be used to move a random stream of items and spit out these items in one of the three areas adjacent to the machine... I understand this is somewhat more complex and thus its not super serious suggestion at this stage...

5. Would like a corner turning conveyor belt option of some sort. just one right turn and with rotations would be a welcomed addition I believe.

6. Would love to help generate "challenge" levels, where you have a pre-built machine layout, limited budget and you need to try and complete the machine with the budget available.

7. Seeing people wanting some sort of pause button, which would be great as well.

So far I love this game, like a factory version of the doodle god series.http://www.kongregat...adim/doodle-god.

I will continue to update this thread with active suggestions, which I will gather from the replies to this thread. as long as RobbyZ sees it in his heart to pin this thread! :D

hope to hear your input and see what others would like to suggest!

#2 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

RobbyZ has no heart .-.

I cri evrytim

#3 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

RobbyZ has no heart .-.

I cri evrytim

Someone should create and suggest an item for production called "Sim's Lost Heart" but is the most expensive to make but the most profitable. Plus, on yesterday's news (Australian Time about the time I posted this) they talked about Vladimir Putin openly working out and I can confirm.... he does not wear red,blue and white gym shorts... he mostly wears black.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#4 javierfed

javierfed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

I think a T-shaped conveyor belt that sends objects on it in either of two directions randomly would help with discovering new recipes....

there is a sometimes pusher item which splits a conveyor belt like this.

#5 simnick

simnick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

I agree with the points below!

1. ability to stop the factory (i.e. stop factory activity, stop conveyor belts, stop machines, etc)

- I would like to add that pausing belts would be nice, but maybe being able to toggle things on and off would be nice too, like left or right clicking a machine in normal editing state would flip a lever on the machine toggling its state.

3. would like to see factory parts not function until they are dropped by the player. lost many good items buy dragging a box past one export hub and it being grabbed in passing.

5. Would like a corner turning conveyor belt option of some sort. just one right turn and with rotations would be a welcomed addition I believe.

6. Would love to help generate "challenge" levels, where you have a pre-built machine layout, limited budget and you need to try and complete the machine with the budget available.

However, not quite with 

2. limit the range of the import to and export from box factory parts to just behind the machine.  aka opposite of the conveyor belt in its graphic.

My reason for disagree with 2 is that the auto-sell box is really handy, but costs scrap or real money. With the current behavior, I can have 9 auto boxers surrounding the auto-sell box. I could only have 4 with the change. However, if the auto-sell did not cost anything, then I agree 100%.