I wanted to start a thread of discussion around the suggestions for the game, which I know many of the community members have.
for my observations these are what I am seeing:
1. ability to stop the factory (i.e. stop factory activity, stop conveyor belts, stop machines, etc)
- I would like to add that pausing belts would be nice, but maybe being able to toggle things on and off would be nice too, like left or right clicking a machine in normal editing state would flip a lever on the machine toggling its state.
2. limit the range of the import to and export from box factory parts to just behind the machine. aka opposite of the conveyor belt in its graphic.
3. would like to see factory parts not function until they are dropped by the player. lost many good items buy dragging a box past one export hub and it being grabbed in passing.
4. I suggested this at PAX today, just wanted to include it here, a sorting mechanism, which would enable a belt to be used to move a random stream of items and spit out these items in one of the three areas adjacent to the machine... I understand this is somewhat more complex and thus its not super serious suggestion at this stage...
5. Would like a corner turning conveyor belt option of some sort. just one right turn and with rotations would be a welcomed addition I believe.
6. Would love to help generate "challenge" levels, where you have a pre-built machine layout, limited budget and you need to try and complete the machine with the budget available.
7. Seeing people wanting some sort of pause button, which would be great as well.
So far I love this game, like a factory version of the doodle god series.http://www.kongregat...adim/doodle-god.
I will continue to update this thread with active suggestions, which I will gather from the replies to this thread. as long as RobbyZ sees it in his heart to pin this thread!
hope to hear your input and see what others would like to suggest!