Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Towns

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

Considering the fact I joined last night, I noticed something. Many towns are abandon.

I have an idea, considering all of these abandon towns, that Sim9 destroys them, and puts the blocks in a chest in Root respawn, as sort of community chest, buy you need to buy access for about 20 gold?

Who else thinks this is a good idea?

Comic Sans is overused

"Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

#2 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:57 AM

Considering the fact I joined last night, I noticed something. Many towns are abandon.

I have an idea, considering all of these abandon towns, that Sim9 destroys them, and puts the blocks in a chest in Root respawn, as sort of community chest, buy you need to buy access for about 20 gold?

Comic Sans is overused

Destroy abandoned town? Great! (We need to send them back the townstone and all of the blocks)

Some sort of community chest? You think that'd work?

5JAvWIK.png    64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png

Name: CD87

Birthday: Unknown

Favorite item: KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Special ability: Can troll anyone, even Sim9

Gold count: Well, i'm poor :(

#3 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:00 AM

Destroy abandoned town? Great! (We need to send them back the townstone and all of the blocks)

Some sort of community chest? You think that'd work?

I think it would, considering it would help the community, and stop taking up so much space in the server

Comic Sans is overused

"Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

#4 CD87

CD87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:12 AM

I think it would, considering it would help the community, and stop taking up so much space in the server

Ah, you mean a place that we can dump trash? If so, we have /tele recycle!

By the way, you should post your idea at my new Highlighting Suggestion page! 

5JAvWIK.png    64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png

Name: CD87

Birthday: Unknown

Favorite item: KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Special ability: Can troll anyone, even Sim9

Gold count: Well, i'm poor :(

#5 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

Not trash, but useful stuff. Roof tiles, glass, doors, TVs, etc

#6 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

i already made a posting suggestion page b4.

Comic Sans is overused

i think its a great idea that we get rid of ghost towns but im not sure they should go to the community chest. i think they should just all go to the owners inv. But sim9 (the dev) said that removing a town will crash/bug the game which means it will take ages to just remove one single town :(

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#7 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

i already made a posting suggestion page b4.

i think its a great idea that we get rid of ghost towns but im not sure they should go to the community chest. i think they should just all go to the owners inv. But sim9 (the dev) said that removing a town will crash/bug the game which means it will take ages to just remove one single town :(

kek, well, not MECHANICALLY destroy a town, but by hand, btw, we check how long it has been since the user has logged on.

Example ; Billupop -last logged on 9/12/12

#8 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

kek, well, not MECHANICALLY destroy a town, but by hand, btw, we check how long it has been since the user has logged on.

Example ; Billupop -last logged on 9/12/12

i should have phrased my post better, what i meant was that removing a townstone in anyway would crash the game.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#9 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

i should have phrased my post better, what i meant was that removing a townstone in anyway would crash the game.

Maybe Sim should update the coding on the townstones THAT REMOVE THE CRASHING EFFECT and maybe add a new feature. :P

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#10 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

Maybe Sim should update the coding on the townstones THAT REMOVE THE CRASHING EFFECT and maybe add a new feature. :P

its not the coding of the townstone, its literally the fact that the townstone is a part of the game and to remove it from the game is v hard. it will probably take him a lot of work to remove a single townstone so removing all the ghost towns RIp sim9's lief

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#11 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

its not the coding of the townstone, its literally the fact that the townstone is a part of the game and to remove it from the game is v hard. it will probably take him a lot of work to remove a single townstone so removing all the ghost towns RIp sim9's lief

Kek, well MAYBE WE CAN HELP HIM, you know by helping him on developing a program to eliminate these crashes.

#12 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

Cowboy pumpkin with pink shirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Oh boy, what a great idea, if i can't connect for a month my city will get destroyed? what if my pc crashes and i can't get online? What if i took a breath outside from the game? this is really unfair and this shouldn't be aproved in any aspect.

For a reason sim9 made =66, and soon we are going to  have =67

#13 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

Oh boy, what a great idea, if i can't connect for a month my city will get destroyed? what if my pc crashes and i can't get online? What if i took a breath outside from the game? this is really unfair and this shouldn't be aproved in any aspect.

For a reason sim9 made =66, and soon we are going to  have =67

Kek, well maybe lets say, about 4 months?????

#14 Starmanfan

Starmanfan

Pixel Pistol Perfect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

Kek, well maybe lets say, about 4 months?????

What if someone is busy with school and can't play 8bit and then they see their very own town and progress, removed? It would sure as heck make them not want to play, and plenty of people from the past come on from time to time (such as d0uca or thekyro) so sim should and could make =67 wilderness. It should not be time based, but rather if a person is perma-banned, should the town be removable.

Kralereth Starmanfan Font

#15 ~Fury~

~Fury~

Sharks.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:45 PM

Bad idea because some towns are the history of 8bitmmo and they will forever be.

You do you.

#16 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

What if someone is busy with school and can't play 8bit and then they see their very own town and progress, removed? It would sure as heck make them not want to play, and plenty of people from the past come on from time to time (such as d0uca or thekyro) so sim should and could make =67 wilderness. It should not be time based, but rather if a person is perma-banned, should the town be removable.

Bad idea because some towns are the history of 8bitmmo and they will forever be.

Exactly! History of 8bitmmo can stay, while permabanned and 12+ month absents towns can be deleted because they obviously haven't used this since they may have abandoned the entire game.

#17 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

Exactly! History of 8bitmmo can stay, while permabanned and 12+ month absents towns can be deleted because they obviously haven't used this since they may have abandoned the entire game.

but how do we tell the difference between historic towns and absent towns?

the idea of getting rid of ghost towns is good (lots of player have suggested it before) but its just something that no one has a great suggestion as to how we remove them. its basically not possible...

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#18 RakAD

RakAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

but how do we tell the difference between historic towns and absent towns?

the idea of getting rid of ghost towns is good (lots of player have suggested it before) but its just something that no one has a great suggestion as to how we remove them. its basically not possible...

We check the block history by checking who placed the block and if  they have doe any thing vital to the server (built a monuement, etc). And we check if they are just accounts who do stuff. (I didn't really know what to say at the end. Kek.)

#19 Mememaster_Ramos

Mememaster_Ramos

Cowboy pumpkin with pink shirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

"12+ month" What if Simmonds got his town removed? He's From 2012. You can't delete History of the game. Let them keep their towns and lock this thread already.

#20 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

"12+ month" What if Simmonds got his town removed? He's From 2012. You can't delete History of the game. Let them keep their towns and lock this thread already.

well then tell everyone to not complain when they cant find a spot for a town in =65

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png