Photo
- - - - -

New feature in 8bitmmo: Weather

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

Just think about it. Rain and snow. Like if you agree that this is a nice idea.

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#2 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:13 AM

I would love to see weather implemented... BUT! This sounds like a coding NIGHTMARE!

Let's not break sim9.

I would love to see weather implemented... BUT! This sounds like a coding NIGHTMARE!

Let's not break sim9.

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#3 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

begins to snow: all my grass turns into snow :D yay yay yay sim pls add and add day and night features ._.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#4 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

Let's not break sim9.

Let's not break sim9.

sim can make his secretary code it for him

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#5 Choloy123

Choloy123

Coolest new member title on the block.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

Would make the game lag more and is also a coding nightmare....

#6 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

Would make the game lag more and is also a coding nightmare....

Make it optional for those who cannot handle the awesomeness of snow and rain.

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#7 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

add ice blocks, so when it snows,water can freeze and turn into ice which makes you move in random directions and at road speed. also if it rains let the rain leave special water-like blocks behind that will evaporate unless picked up earlier. also maybe implement a machine which can tell fore coming weather

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#8 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:23 AM

Ice....like glass but......clearer?

and makes you run faster like road, except it makes you sometimes get off course cuz it is slippery

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#9 Choloy123

Choloy123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

Make it optional for those who cannot handle the awesomeness of snow and rain.

Hm... It would be unfair...

#10 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

Hm... It would be unfair...

Not unfair in the slightest.

#11 Choloy123

Choloy123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:47 AM

Not unfair in the slightest.

Yes it is...

#12 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:51 AM

Yes it is...

Then I guess the lighting feature is unfair to those who cannot use it either? 
PS. It is totally fair. Be thankful laser 2.0 does not exist.

#13 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

Let's not break sim9.

Let's not break sim9.

it depends on what weather does, if it is just makes your screen look like its raining, thats not terribly difficult to code, but if rain has some effect on gameplay or the world, thats where it starts getting complicated.  

also you have to consider what would cause it to rain, it could be a simple "it will rain in 8bitmmo at 9pm" or it could be a complex thig based on regions and random variables.

looking over this thread so far, it seems like you guys are jumping straight to the most complicated interactions you can think of.  start where a programmer (sim9) would start.  ask the most basic questions: who? what? when? where? why? how? THEN, after you have those answered, move on to the technical stuff you are thinking about.

#14 Xerp

Xerp

"Water" abuser

• Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

*watches as sim adds bee infestations instead of weather*

1349379032172.gif

#15 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

*watches as sim adds indeed infestation instead of weather*

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#16 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

/me opens a portal to the future

in the future we can see the new engine!

open-hyper-mega-awesome-gl accelerated graphics with realistic water and rain!

rrqlql.png

#17 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

Let's not break sim9.

Let's not break sim9.

Redundant Setk of redundancy

/me closes the portal because he doesn't trust zooty to not make a temporal paradox
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#18 pooa123

pooa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

Wow i didn't know that bronys can open portal to future... As on Finnish I would love to see ice blocks and as on pooa123 I would love some happenings like that in Halloween there's a chance to see sim8 and else. Chemistry is highly developed because there's so many different colored plastics endless amount of plastic means also endless amount of energy! 8bitworld is power fuller than ours!

200.gif200.gifTHIS IS FINLAND

#19 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

add ice blocks, so when it snows,water can freeze and turn into ice which makes you move in random directions and at road speed. also if it rains let the rain leave special water-like blocks behind that will evaporate unless picked up earlier. also maybe implement a machine which can tell fore coming weather

That sounds like a pain in the rear.... Like ice puzzles in old pokemon games.... Quest ideas.....

Ice....like glass but......clearer?

It would depend.

and makes you run faster like road, except it makes you sometimes get off course cuz it is slippery

Or you slowly accelerate, and then keep sliding a bit after you stop moving. Or pokemon style ice... where you just keep sliding until you hit a wall ;P

lmao

Redundant Setk of redundancy

Simple Response: Your FACE is redundant!

Actual Response: I've been having wifi problems, and sometimes, if I click post, it doesn't post until I click "post" again... And then it shows up twice for unknown reasons....

Also screw the edit button! When you are lagging, ain't nobody got time for that.

Edit: Image of what my wifi has been doing constantly (Not making it easy for me to download Civilization: BE)

0xHtTXP.png

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#20 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

This wouldn't be hard if it was done a certain way. Like, if the 'weather' didn't actually have any effect on placed blocks.

How should I explain this... Ok, think of water blocks. When you're standing in them, the screen is tinted blue.

Using that type of filter, he could code a raindrops/snowflakes falling animation to run over the screen. This is called a 'parallel process'.

It could be timed to always happen at certain types of the day... but that would get annoying and wouldn't make sense if it started snowing in a desert. So, even better, a town command to set weather for a town. Or turn it off. So, for example, Meep Sands could have /townweather sandstorm and then when you enter that town little gusts of sand would blow across the screen from time to time. This same thing could be used to set night/day.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan