Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Suggestion: Hotkeys / Bindings

Suggestion Hotkeys Bindings Tags Sweg weenies Yay 420 BLAZE IT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

My suggestion is to be able to use bindings or hotkeys! (sorry if i'm using the wrong words). In PVP I hate having to open your inventory to change weapon, for example I could link my red sword to 1, my pixstol to 2, my laser rifle to 3, hammer to 4 and it would make pvp so much easier! It could also be good for building so it could make it more speedy and your screen wouldnt be cluttered by your inv, it would be good for timelapses and other things aswell! (I hope I made sence :P)

EMRlBNQ.png

#2 PyoroLoli

PyoroLoli

Just a Cactus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

There are hotkeys for building already.

But hotkeys for weapons is a good idea.

"FURY SUCK A CAR" - Po2005

#3 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

I meant for fast swapping between blocks or can you do that?

EMRlBNQ.png

#4 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

Oh, that, you can't do. Well a good idea too :P

Thank you good sir.

EMRlBNQ.png

#5 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

My suggestion is to be able to use bindings or hotkeys! (sorry if i'm using the wrong words). In PVP I hate having to open your inventory to change weapon, for example I could link my red sword to 1, my pixstol to 2, my laser rifle to 3, hammer to 4 and it would make pvp so much easier! It could also be good for building so it could make it more speedy and your screen wouldnt be cluttered by your inv, it would be good for timelapses and other things aswell! (I hope I made sence :P)

what you are suggesting could be interpreted as something similar to what minecraft has with their inventory system (I mean this in a good way).  In minecraft you have 36 inventory slots and 9 of them are hot-keyed to 1-9, in my opinion it is a very good system.  the problem with implementing such a system in 8bit is our inventories are dynamic.  Our inventory is a big as the items inside it, not a predefined size.  also a problem is the presence of blank spaces in the inventory that appear after you have been building for a while.  

I like you idea and would enjoy such a feature greatly, but it wouldn't be an easy system to implement from what i can understand.  

#6 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

A hotbar so to speak. Quick slots and ect. This has been wanted way way back. Hopefully some day it is implemented.

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#7 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

this is a good idea, i saw someone post this topic before in the suggestion box so maybe u could go vote on it? http://8bitmmo.userv...er-keys-hot-bar but it doesn't have many votes atm

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#8 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

this is a good idea, i saw someone post this topic before in the suggestion box so maybe u could go vote on it? http://8bitmmo.userv...er-keys-hot-bar but it doesn't have many votes atm

I don't have any votes left and suggestion box is junk.

EMRlBNQ.png

#9 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

This was posted in the suggestion box long ago... Back when it wasn't a cesspool of voting to turn the game into what would essentially be a minecraft clone (thats what most popular votes are now... look for youself) 

anyways, I believe robby had commented on said post, saying he planned to implement in eventually. I will update this with the actual quote when I find it.

This would be a very useful feature. And now this exists both on the forums, and in the wasteland that is the suggestions box.

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.