Photo
- - - - -

Mod Items

mod items impersonation zooty tageasteregg mods item

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

>La mod privledge

THEY WERE BANISHED TO IRC FOR YOUR SINS

#watchthelanguage

Inb4 meep sandshirt and value glass shirt with Grim being Death.

>using tags

SAMPLE TEXT

Now we got that out of the way, this is actually a nice credit to the work mods do.

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#2 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

To reward the mods for all their hard work and afk time, and to prevent or at least limit mod impersonation, each mod should be allowed to design their own custom clothing item to set them apart from the rest of us serfs.

Wow, that was brief-er than usual.

Problems:

People start asking to be mod extremely often just for clothes.

I would complain.

That requires more work for sim9.

I would complain.

Many people would become irate and start freaking out.

I would complain.

Mods don't need special clothing to set apart, and besides, what if they want to change up their look once and a while?

I would complain.

When you think about it, the fancy suit and top hat are mostly owned by mods (and a few other major supporters)

I would complain.

Xerp's monocle and martini items is only owned by mods (and kjh) which makes it nearly a mod specific item.

I would complain.

Also, mods don't need to be set apart in their clothes. If someone teleports to you, they are a mod.

Bees? Indeed.

The only people who don't know who the mods are, are noobs, and noobs wouldn't know the difference from clothing anyways. (Ok, many less-nooby people think I'm a mod until I correct them, but other than that.. my point stands)

Did I mention I would complain?

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#3 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

Problems:
I would complain.
I would complain.
I would complain.
Mods don't need special clothing to set apart, and besides, what if they want to change up their look once and a while?
I would complain.
When you think about it, the fancy suit and top hat are mostly owned by mods (and a few other major supporters)
I would complain.
Xerp's monocle and martini items is only owned by mods (and kjh) which makes it nearly a mod specific item.
I would complain.
Also, mods don't need to be set apart in their clothes. If someone teleports to you, they are a mod.
Bees? Indeed.
The only people who don't know who the mods are, are noobs, and noobs wouldn't know the difference from clothing anyways. (Ok, many less-nooby people think I'm a mod until I correct them, but other than that.. my point stands)

Wow! let me get my bookmark

EMRlBNQ.png

#4 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

Problems:

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

Bees? Indeed.

Stop complaining

rrqlql.png

#5 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

Stop complaining

He's just doing his job

EMRlBNQ.png

#6 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

Problems:

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

I would complain.

Bees? Indeed.

You didn't mention that you would complain about it.

Also I like this idea :D

*Abt79's swag level rises.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#7 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

Why not just make the name above mods another color or something? And also another color in chat.
T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#8 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Why not just make the name above mods another color or something? And also another color in chat.

Maybe a mods name could be prefixed, like how it is with IRC.

rrqlql.png

#9 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:31 AM

I've actually suggested that to sim before. It defeats any type of impersonation by another player. As for colored chat text, that seems a little much and brings unwanted attention to every little thing you say. Maybe instead just do it like [IRC] does. So if I wanted to say 'hi' in chat it would look like this example:

Dragonslayerwei: Hey Sage

Random_Noob420: Sim9 can I be a citizen in Root?

[Moderator] Sage: Hi Wei

I don't like the special clothing idea. Too biased. BUT I think we should have way more clothing options (especially shirts). I see too many clones running around. There could at least be multiple re-colors on current hats/shirts.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#10 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

isnt the monacle already sorta a mod item? as far as i know xerp gave it out to mods only (and maybe simon and kjh)

#11 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

Sim just uses photoshop (or illustrator idk) to make the clothing items and probably exports them as a png or whatever right?

I know some of us have photoshop, so if sim was able to give us a .psd for a clothing template that he uses, theoretically we can make clothes, export to his preference, and save him lots of work. We can dropbox him the files and he can pick and choose as he likes.

Sim, for the love of god if you see this, let this be an option. Lots of use want new clothes, and you definitely are putting your time to places where it needs its attention. It can even be a community event, where design winners get a gold pack or something.

i feel like if this was added it would take all of 3 seconds for someone to submit a very inappropriate clothing design

#12 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

I don't believe it has been a problem with other challenges in the past, but you can't exactly fit a wang onto a shirt in game.

Challenge Accepted!

EMRlBNQ.png

#13 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

I don't believe it has been a problem with other challenges in the past, but you can't exactly fit a wang onto a shirt in game.

You haven't yet seen my 1337 $$$dankmoney drawing skillZ.

rrqlql.png

#14 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

You haven't yet seen my 1337 $$$dankmoney drawing skillZ.

Show picture den

EMRlBNQ.png

#15 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

Sim just uses photoshop (or illustrator idk) to make the clothing items and probably exports them as a png or whatever right?

I know some of us have photoshop, so if sim was able to give us a .psd for a clothing template that he uses, theoretically we can make clothes, export to his preference, and save him lots of work. We can dropbox him the files and he can pick and choose as he likes.

Sim, for the love of god if you see this, let this be an option. Lots of use want new clothes, and you definitely are putting your time to places where it needs its attention. It can even be a community event, where design winners get a gold pack or something.

It's extremely easy to make importable clothing actually. I have massive collections of brainstormed items. Not all of them are great, but I'm fond of my striped shirts and checkered shirts at the very least. Besides, let's face it, 'fluff' is what makes people spend money on a game over anything else.

As for him taking our ideas, pretty sure he'd have to credit you somewhere unless you agree to some type of Fair Use policy. Which most of us probably would gladly do.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#16 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:26 AM

Ha.

Hahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Just make me a laser rifle 2.0

It has infinite ammo.

It glows a blue color in the inventory/ ect.

It is shot as fast as [Spacebar] is tapped.

Does 6 damage per hit.

The lasers are black.

(More to be added)

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#17 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:50 AM

Ha.
Hahahahahaha.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Just make me a laser rifle 2.0
It has infinite ammo.
It glows a blue color in the inventory/ ect.
It is shot as fast as [Spacebar] is tapped.
Does 6 damage per hit.
The lasers are black.
(More to be added)

Sim will not give pvp advantages to specific players (and it's not like you need any pvp advantages :P)
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#18 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

I know that sadly. But I can dream can't I? :P

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#19 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

I know that sadly. But I can dream can't I? :P

Dreaming is bad for your health.

rrqlql.png

#20 Sharky

Sharky