Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Why do people hate 8bitmmo so much, and what makes us like it?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 T h e E p i c P i x e l

T h e E p i c P i x e l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Why do people hate 8bitmmo so much and some people play it all the time? ya know how theres constant messages in the chat of people saying "this game sucks" or something like that, but there are a good collection of players (like me) who play it all the time...... I like it because there is such a small community of players so everyone knows you..... really, why do you like 8bitmmo or why do you think people hate it?

hbHwLIC.png

s7rk2q5.gif

#2 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

They hate it because they haven't tried it.

rrqlql.png

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

I, as an arcane mind, unflawed by bias, will bring the list of opinions by the masses.

Why ppl love it:

It's indie

BILDING BLOKS YAAAY

cool an mmo

STEEEEAM

FREE!

Gotta love it's 8bitness

Why people hate it:

PLAT SUXSE

Only ***s play this

THIS AIN't 8BIT, THIS IS ME SOME S**TBIT

Mods r asehools

Zooty plays it

P2W

Bronies play it

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#4 T h e E p i c P i x e l

T h e E p i c P i x e l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Zooty plays it

LOL :P nvm pls dont kill me with ur magic pony powers ur teh best pony in the world just pls dont kill me   :Fade-col: 

s7rk2q5.gif

#5 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

I have an eternal love for standing near a brickwall and mashing spacebar to get money

EMRlBNQ.png

#6 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

-feels "unfinished"

Still feels better than a lot of games. Even games like Battlefield 4

rrqlql.png

#7 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

Why people hate it:

PLAT SUXSE

Only ***s play this

THIS AIN't 8BIT, THIS IS ME SOME S**TBIT

Mods r asehools

Zooty plays it

P2W

Bronies play it

Whats that supposed to mean? huh?

#8 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

#unphased

This literally translates to "I hate the mods because they won't let me swear, and they don't like me trashing the game/ developer making people in game upset".

That was not to state why I hate the game, it was just based on the average negative review on steam.

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#9 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:27 AM

most people don't like the 8bit graphics they say: argh stupid graphics so old school. and also they get confused by the game and they rage quit too cuz u'll be suprised how many people quit after the tutorial. only people that actually stay will get to know how awesome the game is and the community. a lot of them get confused cuz the characters where they stand is confusing and building, they find it hard too. i like it cuz its a small game and great community and you know everyone :) 

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#10 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:58 AM

you guys missed the pun on my name...

#11 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

you guys missed the pun on my name...

we never missed it, it just wasn't funny enough to talk about.

rrqlql.png

#12 Kalaris

Kalaris

Lord of the Kitty Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

people hate it because they are forced to kill hipsters..... 

2196ow0.jpg

#13 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

people hate it because they are forced to kill lawyercats and hipsters..... especially lawyercats

whats to hate about that? i would think most people would enjoy killing LAWYERcats

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#14 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

I love 8BitMMO because of the community and because of the endless possibilities. I also love it for it's ever expanding lore and small tightly woven community which can allow new faces as well as the regular ones too.

Why do I even love the community?: Let's just face it. I love the 8BitMMO community because I meet wonderful faces such as your guys'. I love being able to meet new people on a daily basis, and I love hanging out around the regulars. The community in all honesty has become a second family to me. It's really hard to describe, but just trust me.

Endless possibilities: 8BitMMO is only limited by what you can think of. If you set your mind to it, you could honestly build anything you wanted to. (Given you have what you need) I love seeing new builds and pixel art. And I really enjoy looking around on the map just to see them all. It's really fun to just see what everyone can accomplish.

Lore?: Please dont even get me started ;-; We will be here all day. I am sure none of you want that XD. In a nutshell, Fanfics, Wars, player histories, ect ect.

Why people hate it:

Can't cuss? Well **** that then.

I came here expecting BF4 graphics like an idiot.

PvP sucks.

I can't get gold.

Why the hell do I have to pay with real money?

I can't appreciate what a real game is.

GTA V is calling my name.

What the hell do I do?

Roleplayin fggts.

Childrens play.

Minecraft ripoff.

Terraria ripoff.

Half-coded (R.I.P Muted scumbag ;D)

The mods are ********.

I dont have imagination.

I am oblivious.

Can't open doors.

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#15 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:56 AM

photo-4330.jpg?_r=1412875080No swearing!

so i wasn't just seeing things. master sapphy didn't type a curse word on forums D:

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#16 CaptainTatsujin

CaptainTatsujin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

I play this because
-Inthe*****e***d plays this (swag stream?)
-Great humor for me. (O blooded guys loves joke)
-I played M******** so playing this wont be wrong
-I looove retro pixel stuffs
-Yep, free.

What i don't really like is
-Really few active players
-Some dungeon just looks broken (like hipster dungeon. It may be confusing to some players)
-Customisation still minimal

Well idk what to write again but i'd probably give this game 8/10

Edit : whopps sorry ._. Will try not to do it again.

#17 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

I play this because
-Yep, free.

-Some dungeon just looks broken (like hipster dungeon. It may be confusing to some players)

note: dont post on threads that have not been posted in for over a week unless they are pinned or still relevant (this thread is no longer relevant) this act is called reviving and is not good

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#18 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

I play this because
-Yep, free.

Dat revive tho! But heck what do I care? I'm going to say why I like it and why others don't.

Why I like it:

Small community: everyone knows you and vice versa (you can even get to know the mods!), which makes it nearly impossible to get away with trolling people, making it a much friendlier community

No cussing: I can't even begin to describe how fed up I get when I find a game I LOVE, until I look at the chat and it's full of people cussing their heads off, but with the no-cussing rule I don't have to paint over the section of screen where the chat is, it also makes a friendlier community since people aren't cussing at each other

You must be 13 or older to play this game: I love this because I have been searching for a fun game that isn't 13 or older 5EVER and most games that are 13 or older don't need to be, and that's really annoying.

Block building: I really like this because it's far more creative then things like "use this object and this object and ta-da a house appears"

And probably the best part, FREEDOM: Freedom! You aren't on a constant never-ending stack of quests, after you reach level 4 you're basically done with the quests and you can do anything, build anything, and it's great to see how the community has contributed in this way; pixel art, carpet art, castles, towers, dungeons, cities! The list is endless and the possibilities are as endless as you're imagination (and you're gold and the blocks in the shop) which brings me to why a lot of people don't like this game

They lack imagination: After they finish the quests they don't know what to do, they build a house and leave forever, and leave behind all the possibilities, all the things they could have done

No swearing: While I may like this, others don't and also I kinda don't like the first swear before they're told the rules, so maybe add a list of rules in the tutorials and/or menu?

OMG GRAFIX SUK: this basically speaks for itself, and is really dumb because a lot of great games don't have great graphics because they put more effort into the gameplay then the graphics

"P2W": I would agree most of the "good" items (boxtech, telepads, spawners, special doors, etc.) Are plat items, but at least you can buy those from other players, or get them from mysboxes, and at least there are no pvp advantages to plat-using players

"I got muted worst game ever 0/10": Sounds like you're hating on the game for being a troll brought to justice

Then there's the "This game sucks": who knows what they hate about it because all they say is "This game sucks"
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#19 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

I play this because
-Yep, free.
Edit : whopps sorry ._. Will try not to do it again.

To have more customisation we could have custom images on t-shirts maybe
rrqlql.png

#20 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

To have more customisation we could have custom images on t-shirts maybe

We could have a shirt editor that would cost plat to make it possible avoid "rude things" but this wouldn't be 100% gurantee of getting rid of "rude things"

EMRlBNQ.png