Photo

Magic The Gathering

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat

I have the worst member title ever.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

Ok so if you didnt know this already, i play magic. Im building a time reversal deck, which is basically based off the time reversal card. If anybody knows any blue cards that pair nicely with time reversal please post links here. Thanks!

IPk7wKh.jpg

dq949.gifdq8r6.gif

#2 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:08 AM

Shouldn't have posted here. Go onto a magic forums or google reversal deck for magic -.-

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#3 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

I would suggest bojuka bog and other cards that exile opponents graveyards, as well as straight up exile remove like utter end.

If you get a good number of ways to exile their graveyard you could look at adding mill cards like traumatize.

#4 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

I think grim and ase play MtG
rrqlql.png

#5 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

I think grim and ase play MtG

REALLY ASE PLAYS TOO? I THOUGHT HE DIDN'T PLAT MTG AFTER HIS COMMENT ABOVE.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#6 T h e E p i c P i x e l

T h e E p i c P i x e l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

idk wut mtg is, im afraid that ill get sucked into it and never come outside again and become an anime nerd for the rest of my life. nooffenceimsrrymtgfans  :Fade-col: :Fade-col: :Fade-col: :Fade-col: :Fade-col:

s7rk2q5.gif

#7 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

MTG != anime

#8 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

mtg is a card game. mtg=no anime. also i made this thread because i dont want to take the time to do research my self or sign up for mtg forums.

dq949.gifdq8r6.gif

#9 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:49 AM

mtg is a card game. mtg=no anime. also i made this thread because i'm a lazy lil skrub

FTFY ok got ya!

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#10 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

the way to abuse any card is to find out how it interacts with your opponent and make that interaction worse.

Time reversal interacts with your opponents graveyards? exile it.

Time reversal lets your opponent draw cards? make that painful for them

#11 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

Time reversal starts the game over

the way to abuse any card is to find out how it interacts with your opponent and make that interaction worse.

Time reversal interacts with your opponents graveyards? exile it.

Time reversal lets your opponent draw cards? make that painful for them

time reversal starts the game over basically. 

dq949.gifdq8r6.gif

#12 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

no. ifyour about to lose just play this and no one wins. Then you can start over and fix your mistake.

dq949.gifdq8r6.gif

#13 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

what does fify even mean?!

dq949.gifdq8r6.gif

#14 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

what does fify even mean?!

fixed that for you

he's changed something in your quote.

rrqlql.png

#15 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

thnxs.

fixed that for you

he's changed something in your quote.

oh ok.

Abt!!!!!!!! your such a herb bruh!!!! LOL *rage mode activated. TIME REVERSAL IS AN AWESOME CARD.

dq949.gifdq8r6.gif

#16 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

So... yeah...

I was at Pax and got a giftbag. In that gift bag, I got a 'Nissa Revane' Deck with 30 cards. The official guide on the website says that I need at least 60 cards to start. Any good packs that are Green PlaneWalkers that are also cheap. P.S If you have no idea what this is then get the heck out.

P.P.S I also learnt the heck is Nissa Revane. And it seems it's a must get.... help meh.... and this is the image closest to it.

dotp_BG.jpg

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#17 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

We already have a MtG thread.

rrqlql.png

#18 asedita1

asedita1

Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

ATTENTION WALL OF TEXT AHEAD

Just a fair warming of what you could be getting into, I personally have spent over $1000 on MTG in the past year, if you want to make a competitive deck you should be prepared to spend at least several hundred dollars, and certain cards are worth up to $50.

That being said there are several good ways to start growing your collection, the first i advise is a deckbuilder:

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B00L75VHWM

it is a box full of basic cards that you can use to start building decks, and it is sold at stores like Walmart and Target for $20.

Now is probably the time to expain the different types of magic formats.  there is casual and competitive magic, in causal you are usually playing for fun, and the decks are built to be enjoyable. competitive magic is different, first off there are different types of competitive magic.  The 3 main types of competitive magic are legacy, modern, and standard. Legacy lets players use cards from all of magics history, modern lets players use cards from about 2003 onward, and standard allows players to use cards from the past 1-2 years. if you are just starting out it is easiest to start with standard, because it is the newest sets.

The next step i recommend is find a store, if you are even remotely serious about playing magic find a card shop or hobby store and attend a FNM draft, you will learn a lot and have a great time.  

http://locator.wizards.com/

If you wish to build a serious deck i reccomend talking to some of the players at a store, most of the serious players will have a great knowedge of the cards and the playstyle of the region.  

The next step is to start increasing the quality of your collection, there are several ways to do this:

1. Buy more packs, either a Fatpack, which contains 9 boosters and some goodies for $40, or a boosterbox, which contains 36 packs for $100 (usually), Fatpacks are avalible at Walmart, Target or a card store, but boosterboxes are usually only available at a card store or online.

2. Trade with other people, (BE WARNED some people will try to rip off new players with bad deals, always either look up card prices yourself, or ask them to) there are a variety of online card price standards, but the most common are : http://www.tcgplayer.com/  http://www.starcitygames.com/

and http://www.cardkingdom.com/

2a. there are also a variety of online trading sites where you can trade cads with players around the world by mail, but that involves some risks. popular sites include: 

3. Buy singles, (i advise you do not start with this step until you have a sizable knowledge of what you want to do) you can buy individual cards online, or at your local store, word of caution again, check the prices of cards you are buying on other sites before you buy them, your card shop will usually sell its cards at a higher price so they can make a profit, you can usually find good deals online, but be careful you dont go overboard.

One of the best things you can do if you want to become a serious player, or even if you just want to learn about the game, is find an experienced player who is willing to spend time teaching and helping you learn the ropes, Magic has a simple playstructure, but can be very complex and confusing because of the interaction of individual cards.

I hope this wall of text helps, and i hope you enjoy Magic the Gathering.

#19 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

... Wow you wasted $1000 good job.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#20 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat