Photo
- - - - -

Cleaning Corps: best way to clean up the map.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

Basically, we need some guys who aren't mods with cleaning powers like theirs. Every bit of junk they pick up gives them gold so it gets em to do it. This can help clean up =65 and make the wildepad actually usable for once. So please Robby, let the cleaners clean all the things!

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#2 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

But we can only clean stuff up that is unfinished and placed upwards of 6 months ago.

6 months is a little too much Maybe 2 months is ok.

#3 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

6 months is a little too much Maybe 2 months is ok.

Apply rules like the mods, only if its 2months old and unfinished but a lot of people might abuse this an clean up everything in the wild even pixel art just for the gold :/ or to troll

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#4 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

Apply rules like the mods, only if its 2months old and unfinished but a lot of people might abuse this an clean up everything in the wild even pixel art just for the gold :/ or to troll

'Fiddles with solutions'

Maybe you should only be able to remove 'buildings' like these: [attachment=2904:shitty buildings.JPG]

#5 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:42 PM

'Fiddles with solutions'
Maybe you should only be able to remove 'buildings' like these: shitty buildings.JPG

But there Is now way to monitor people cleaning so people can still abuse it and remove whatever they want, this power should only be given to trusted players or mods in training

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#6 Wrzlprnft

Wrzlprnft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:43 PM

But if you have something e.g. an algorithm which controls what is allowed to be removed, it could just be removed automatically

PS: i didn't see madmans post right above while i typed this

t8kPsoQ.png?1

#7 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

But if you have something e.g. an algorithm which controls what is allowed to be removed, it could just be removed automatically

The thing is by the rules of the game only unfinished projects can be destroyed and algorithms have no sense as to what is finished and what is unfinished, for all we know those buildings in snookehs pic could be abstract houses. Maybe if mods began to remove more (not saying they aren't doing the job) te problem could be fixed

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#8 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

But there Is now way to monitor people cleaning so people can still abuse it and remove whatever they want, this power should only be given to trusted players or mods in training

You just summed up exactly which group i wanted the cleaning powers to have as well.

#9 Wrzlprnft

Wrzlprnft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

the idea is good, but it might be a slow process anyway

t8kPsoQ.png?1

#10 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#11 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

I like it the way it is, if you are "trusted" enough to be able to remove other players blocks then you would be a mod.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#12 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:01 AM

Also, do any mods besides grim even clean up blocks?

I do. Mostly on request, however I usually clean around 20-100 structures/trash-heaps at least once a week.

Edit: If =66 had a Wildepad and the level cap was lifted things would be slightly better (in terms of players finding a spot to build). That's a controversial suggestion I'm sure though.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#13 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:17 AM

I like it the way it is, if you are "trusted" enough to be able to remove other players blocks then you would be a mod.

Look at me. I am pretty much considered the next mod to be, and I could very easily be trusted to simply remove random wilderness crud, as well as the fact that I often find more junk than most players and mods, as I sometimes just randomly explore the wilds.

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#14 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

People would remove decent things just for the gold.
rrqlql.png

#15 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

People would remove decent things just for the gold.

People would run around like madmen removing blocks for the gold.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#16 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Maybe scrap the gold part.

#17 MistFuror

MistFuror

I am Spuds, bringer of calories.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

Look at me. I am pretty much considered the next mod to be, and I could very easily be trusted to simply remove random wilderness crud, as well as the fact that I often find more junk than most players and mods, as I sometimes just randomly explore the wilds.

How so sure about that? 

▲

▲ ▲ TRIFORCE POWAH!

#18 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Don't let your head get too big :P
rrqlql.png

#19 T h e E p i c P i x e l

T h e E p i c P i x e l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

good idea..... i just saw a tower looming over jedi city and mryoda had to call in kyro and toxic to remove it

s7rk2q5.gif

#20 Wrzlprnft

Wrzlprnft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hmm maybe there should be a way to mark things, that they should he removed, and mods just can look at the list. So everybody can mark things and mods just look over it and remove them. If something you marked is removed, you get a little gold. If something you marked is a fully appropriate buidling, you get banned from marking for a month to prevent spam and trolling, and you other marks on the removal list get deleted. So ppl don't always have to run after mods that they remove something, and the wilderness-clean-up process would be fastened

Edit: maybe as a pre-step to be a mod -- Edit of Edit: So not everybody can mark things, only some. but i think the vast majority of active or wellknown players

Edit 2nd: due to the teleportability of mods, the marks can just be saved as coordinates

t8kPsoQ.png?1