Photo
- - - - -

Businesses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Thealmightyhippo

Thealmightyhippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

What kind of businesses are possible in 8bitmmo? I've been thinking of maybe trying to have an in game business but I'm not sure that's really possible.. :P any suggestions?

#2 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

u can try but not many business's succeed in 8bitmmo unless plat items are related. i tried to create a real estate agency, not used even once. My steak king restaurant is going ok but plz don't copy it :P try be creative and good luck!

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#3 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Like madman said you can do plat related businesses such as rentals (like setk). You could even open a town specifically for something such as a zoo which uses fee doors or something else which may involve a fee door to generate gold.

#4 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Like madman said you can do plat related businesses such as rentals (like setk). You could even open a town specifically for something such as a zoo which uses fee doors or something else which may involve a fee door to generate gold.

u can try but not many business's succeed in 8bitmmo unless plat items are related. i tried to create a real estate agency, not used even once. My steak king restaurant is going ok but plz don't copy it :P try be creative and good luck!

seems as if there are 3 possibilities for businesses...

for me: check check and check

gotta find something new to get into the biz i think hippo :P

(minigame business has been done by me also.. you could try and set a good one up if you can think of lots of good minigame, but this would also mean prizes would have to be given out)

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#5 wherethedrumsat

wherethedrumsat

I have the worst member title ever.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

orrr you can run a building buissness and build stuff for people who are new or cant build or make a kissing booth and have girl gamers kiss me for 5g

dq949.gifdq8r6.gif

#6 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

orrr you can run a building buissness and build stuff for people who are new or cant build or make a kissing booth and have girl gamers kiss me for 5g

Like madman said building businesses are risky and can end up with the idea not catching on and all you see is tumbleweed. If you enjoy building and you would have built the buildings anyway then I guess it's not a risk as no loss... and what you said about a kissing booth sounds creepy lol (remember there isn't even a gender for 8bits). :P

Madman I also want a Steak King™ franchise in both my main towns if possible? I want a regular one like yours in Hell and then maybe a glass one in tele rare? Only if you don't mind and I have enough glass to make the one at rare if you're wondering...

#7 Black_Jack

Black_Jack

Loves white grapes.

• Moderators
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

Adding on to this subject, I run the Bank of Spades (One-time membership fee) and the 8Bit Historical Museum (Nonprofit), both of which cost me quite a bit to make, but barely bring in any gold. As far as businesses go, what business you go with depends on if you're seeking to make a profit. A long time ago, I had a block shop that sold any gold item at a reduced price to help out new players and builders. Needless to say, I was losing gold on that shop. Honestly, in my opinion, the most profitable business right now would be a glass or road factory.

P322zQi.png

#8 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

Adding on to this subject, I run the Bank of Spades (One-time membership fee) and the 8Bit Historical Museum (Nonprofit), both of which cost me quite a bit to make, but barely bring in any gold. As far as businesses go, what business you go with depends on if you're seeking to make a profit. A long time ago, I had a block shop that sold any gold item at a reduced price to help out new players and builders. Needless to say, I was losing gold on that shop. Honestly, in my opinion, the most profitable business right now would be a glass or road factory.

Bank of Spades doesn't make much profit but the keys are still 1k... just like membership to my museum/farm(s) (one day) lol

Glass Factory™ lol yeah I basically have that corp. :P

#9 Thealmightyhippo

Thealmightyhippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

Okay thanks everyone. I'll just brainstorm and try to come up with something :P hopefully it will be successful! Lol thanks again for suggestions. Keep adding to this if you think of anything :D

#10 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

I have attempted to make a glass factory and it did work but it doesn't bring in much dough (but still making profit). but only value bought from me :( the glass business is not the best. also helping others build isn't exactly a good business as not many people need help building these days (unless it is pixel art) i tried the building business and only made about 500gold profit :(

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#11 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

Like madman said building businesses are risky and can end up with the idea not catching on and all you see is tumbleweed. If you enjoy building and you would have built the buildings anyway then I guess it's not a risk as no loss... and what you said about a kissing booth sounds creepy lol (remember there isn't even a gender for 8bits). :P

Madman I also want a Steak King™ franchise in both my main towns if possible? I want a regular one like yours in Hell and then maybe a glass one in tele rare? Only if you don't mind and I have enough glass to make the one at rare if you're wondering...

value i could make one for you too. Maybe madman makes one and I make the other? I would like to make the glass one :P

T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#12 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

value i could make one for you too. Maybe madman makes one and I make the other? I would like to make the glass one :P

Sure wei, find me ingame :P

#13 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Madman, could you perhaps build a Steak King ™ branch in Scratlantis?

... There's so many empty plots.

7f44484767.png

#14 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

Madman, could you perhaps build a Steak King ™ branch in Scratlantis?

... There's so many empty plots.

sure i can! steak king TM © is expanding a lot now. towns it is in: hotel city, Dream team, cruise ship, 8bit college, pembroke, fiore and about to go to scratlantis! :D

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#15 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Bank of Spades doesn't make much profit but the keys are still 1k... just like membership to my museum/farm(s) (one day) lol

Glass Factory™ lol yeah I basically have that corp. :P

Noh i have a Road Factory™ and a Plot Factory™.

#16 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

Noh i have a Road Factory™ and a Plot Factory™.

and are u rich? i never said there weren't any other possible businesses i said there weren't any other PROFIT making businesses

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#17 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

I wish there was a business stone :D. You can establish a business name, and I dunno it will do other magical things!
T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#18 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

I wish there was a business stone :D. You can establish a business name, and I dunno it will do other magical things!

Advertising wouldn't exactly be the best thing to add into the game cuz it might spam chat if it is advertised in chat. there should be a government as well that can TM company's and stuff

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#19 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

Make a cafe or restaurant, the new ovens let you cook steak for people :D

rrqlql.png

#20 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

Make a cafe or restaurant, the new ovens let you cook steak for people :D

It isn't exactly the best money making business. I have opened up steak king in many different towns but i still haven't earned back enough money to pay for the ovens. Farming gold is a good business. apart from plat you can't really get rich from business's unless 8bitmmo made a stock market

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png