Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sage's Hair Mod 1.0

Sage Hair Mod Texture Pack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Forward:

After making a post in the Player Created Mobs/Tiles/Sprites thread, I got a few in-game requests to add the hairstyles I designed.

I only had 5 or 6 at the time, so I had to make some more to cover all of the hats currently in-game.

This is the fruit of my labor:

Duck Hat                  Blue Cap              Cowboy Hat               Breaking Bit               Grass Hat                  Fishbowl                 Banana Hat                 Multihat                  Santa

2ir68ub.png

Roof Block                Pirate                     Grey 'Hat'                    Wizard                      Tophat                     Viking Hat              Gold Porkpie             Steam Hat

Compatibility:

This mod works with all texture packs and/or game updates. The only way it won't work completely would be if another hat was added.

All in-game accessories and clothing work fine with this mod. Only works for the Steam and Desktop versions of the game.

Download Links (only choose one): READ FIRST - save the image as: hats (or it won't work!)

[Recommended] Normal Version (shown above)http://a.pomf.se/lhgtfd.png

SnakeZXZ Custom (swaps the Breaking Bit style for the Multihat style)http://a.pomf.se/ivuuai.png

Madman2002 Custom (swaps the Roof Block style with the Tophat style)http://a.pomf.se/sucwpp.png

Want to re-install the normal hats? Follow the instructions below only this time use the original hats file. Here's a link to it: http://a.pomf.se/ujghjh.png

Detailed Installation Instructions:

Quick Warning For First-Timers: If you don't know what you're doing it may be better to avoid trying this. Maybe try a Texture Pack first? But if you follow the directions EXACTLY you should be ok. The only reason I have this warning here is because some first-timers who probably didn't read the directions correctly installed this wrong. Please be mindful.

1. Save the mod file and put it somewhere easy to find. My Pictures, My Downloads, or putting it on your Desktop are good options.
  2. Rename it to hats if needed. MAKE SURE it's called hats. if it's named something else, it will not work. After doing so right click the picture and go to properties. Make sure it says the type of file is PNG.
  3. Copy this: %appdata%\8BitMMO\Clients\2f4a8472
  4. Open Run on your computer. One way is by pressing the Windows key(some people call it Super if that helps) and R together. You can also search for it.
  5. Paste what I told you to Copy into Run (%appdata%\8BitMMO\Clients\2f4a8472) and press enter or click OK.
  6. The game folder for 8BitMMO will pop up. Look for a zip folder titled 'HTMudWeb'. There are two, but the one we need right now is the zip folder. Double click it.
  7. After entering HTMudWeb you should see a folder called tilesets. Double click it.
  8. Put the file you downloaded from this thread in the tilesets folder. Copy/Paste works, or you can drag it in there. It will ask you if you want to replace the current hats file. Say yes.
  9. Launch 8BitMMO.
  10. You should now have hair on your head! (Unless you're not wearing a hat)
  11. Tip: If you want to go back to the way hats normally look, check the purple text under Download Links for the original hats file. Just follow the steps again with that file instead.

Installation Video (Full screen it to see what's going on. Thank you Zooty):

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#2 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

sage is possibly an actual artist 2014-2014 confirmed

rrqlql.png

#3 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

OMG I AM NOW THANKFUL FOR YOUR LABOUR!!! NOW I CAN GO OVER 9000!!!!

P.S Which hat does the Super Sayain hat belong to? If it cost plat then ...... *LegoBox cries like a baby

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#4 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Absolutely kickass. Love em! Now. Let's go beat Sim until he implements em all.

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#5 SnakeZXZ

SnakeZXZ

Raising The Steaks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Absolutely kickass. Love em! Now. Let's go beat Sim until he implements em all.

Yea, these should really be added in-game as actual items

BF7v6zN.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1rBNS60X.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1BF7v6zN.png?1

#6 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

This is awesome :D

#7 Xerp

Xerp

"Water" abuser

• Moderators
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

Sage making the super saiyan hat for Lego to never be able to obtain is the best thing about this texture pack. By the way it looks great.

1349379032172.gif

#8 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

Nice work sage, sim should add some of these as actual new hairstyles/hats

#9 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

I was illegally held against my will until I made this video.

edit: Just realized my cursor is invisible, will rerecord if our glorious Sage needs it doing since he somehow can't do it himself

rrqlql.png

#10 Setk

Setk

Starts with the same letter as shcky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

Looks aweome sage!

Sage making the super saiyan hat for Lego to never be able to obtain is the best thing about this texture pack. 

xD

Never forget the friends you've made, and the memories you've had.

#11 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

LOVE it SAGE. now i can be totally dank like sn00pdawg with my duck hat on!

sage send me a custom one where the super saiyan hair is the roof block plz. i won't share it with legobox promise! :P

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#12 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

I guess you could modify the picture to alter the super saiyan hair to the roof block. But that's none of my business.
T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#13 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:37 AM

I guess you could modify the picture to alter the super saiyan hair to the roof block. But that's none of my business.

I think it is better to be put here by sage then used only by one person. also if it is sage's hair mod i don't think others should go altering it

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#14 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

I think it is better to be put here by sage then used only by one person. also if it is sage's hair mod i don't think others should go altering it

There's no reason not to alter it.

Do whatever, draw crap over the top of it, swap hats around etc

rrqlql.png

#15 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

There's no reason not to alter it.

Do whatever, draw crap over the top of it, swap hats around etc

You actually can't alter it without having the template file (that only I own) because it's formatted. If you swap a hat around the picture loses its transparency and you get a nightmare (makes your entire head a giant black square). Also even if you re-apply transparency the colors get all messed up, the outlines are gone, and it overall looks terrible. If you're savvy with computers like Zooty you might be able to get it working, but it's way more work then just asking me since all I have to do is something that takes a few minutes. So your best bet is to just make any requests either in a private message or in this thread. I don't mind.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#16 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

You actually can't alter it without having the template file (that only I own) because it's formatted. If you swap a hat around the picture loses its transparency and you get a nightmare (makes your entire head a giant black square). Also even if you re-apply transparency the colors get all messed up, the outlines are gone, and it overall looks terrible. If you're savvy with computers like Zooty you might be able to get it working, but it's way more work then just asking me since all I have to do is something that takes a few minutes. So your best bet is to just make any requests either in a private message or in this thread. I don't mind.

What if you used an editor that supported transparency?

eg not MS Paint

rrqlql.png

#17 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

What if you used an editor that supported transparency?
eg not MS Paint

why does everyone ask "will paint work for transparency?" OF COURSE IT WON'T.

7f44484767.png

#18 The Blood Rose Alchemist

The Blood Rose Alchemist

Platinum Extraction Manufacuture Corporation C.E.O

• Members
  • -998558 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

I downloaded the file for the game but one question, what do you mean by Save As the picture.

200.gifThe epic up rise of the Hidden Creed is here. Join now.stickfight_editada__by_PCR2.gif

#19 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

I downloaded the file for the game but one question, what do you mean by Save As the picture.

save the picture in picture files and name it hats

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#20 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

RIGHT CLICK THE PICTURE

LEFT CLICK THE BUTTON THAT SAYS SAVE AS

rrqlql.png