After making a post in the Player Created Mobs/Tiles/Sprites thread, I got a few in-game requests to add the hairstyles I designed.
I only had 5 or 6 at the time, so I had to make some more to cover all of the hats currently in-game.
This is the fruit of my labor:
Duck Hat Blue Cap Cowboy Hat Breaking Bit Grass Hat Fishbowl Banana Hat Multihat Santa
Roof Block Pirate Grey 'Hat' Wizard Tophat Viking Hat Gold Porkpie Steam Hat
This mod works with all texture packs and/or game updates. The only way it won't work completely would be if another hat was added.
All in-game accessories and clothing work fine with this mod. Only works for the Steam and Desktop versions of the game.
Download Links (only choose one): READ FIRST - save the image as: hats (or it won't work!)
[Recommended] Normal Version (shown above)http://a.pomf.se/lhgtfd.png
SnakeZXZ Custom (swaps the Breaking Bit style for the Multihat style)http://a.pomf.se/ivuuai.png
Madman2002 Custom (swaps the Roof Block style with the Tophat style)http://a.pomf.se/sucwpp.png
Want to re-install the normal hats? Follow the instructions below only this time use the original hats file. Here's a link to it: http://a.pomf.se/ujghjh.png
Detailed Installation Instructions:
Quick Warning For First-Timers: If you don't know what you're doing it may be better to avoid trying this. Maybe try a Texture Pack first? But if you follow the directions EXACTLY you should be ok. The only reason I have this warning here is because some first-timers who probably didn't read the directions correctly installed this wrong. Please be mindful.
- Save the mod file and put it somewhere easy to find. My Pictures, My Downloads, or putting it on your Desktop are good options.
- Rename it to hats if needed. MAKE SURE it's called hats. if it's named something else, it will not work. After doing so right click the picture and go to properties. Make sure it says the type of file is PNG.
- Copy this: %appdata%\8BitMMO\Clients\2f4a8472
- Open Run on your computer. One way is by pressing the Windows key(some people call it Super if that helps) and R together. You can also search for it.
- Paste what I told you to Copy into Run (%appdata%\8BitMMO\Clients\2f4a8472) and press enter or click OK.
- The game folder for 8BitMMO will pop up. Look for a zip folder titled 'HTMudWeb'. There are two, but the one we need right now is the zip folder. Double click it.
- After entering HTMudWeb you should see a folder called tilesets. Double click it.
- Put the file you downloaded from this thread in the tilesets folder. Copy/Paste works, or you can drag it in there. It will ask you if you want to replace the current hats file. Say yes.
- Launch 8BitMMO.
- You should now have hair on your head! (Unless you're not wearing a hat)
- Tip: If you want to go back to the way hats normally look, check the purple text under Download Links for the original hats file. Just follow the steps again with that file instead.
Installation Video (Full screen it to see what's going on. Thank you Zooty):