Photo
- - - - -

Bug(?): Oven Sharing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

Let's say I have an oven placed inside a town.

If a citizen of that town decides that they want to do some crafting on my oven, when the block 'transforms' the transformed block is now considered MY property.

So this makes it impossible to share an oven with your citizens.

Edit: Meep placed around 100 blocks on my oven and PART of them became his and PART of them became mine. Super odd.

Or as Xerp put it:

[01:08] <Xerp> DONT GIVE ME ANY CREDIT WHEN YOUR SPEARHEADING THIS SAND TO GLASS DRUG TRADING MARKET
[01:08] <Xerp> I SEE HOW IT WORKS. YOU KNEW ALL ALONG.
[01:10] <Xerp> INNOCENT PLAYERS PUT SAND ON YOUR OVENS.. AND YOU GET THE BLUE GLASS TO SELL ON THE STREET TO LEVEL 1S. THEN ONLY THE LAWYERCATS CAN DEFEND THEM. AND MOST OF THE TIME THE LAWYERCATS ROUGH THEM UP REGARDLESS. I SEE HOW THIS IS A WIN WIN FOR YOU.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#2 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

...Gotta love Xerp...

As for the bug that's actually really funny. You just found a way to trade blocks without ever having to go into the trading menu.

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#3 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

i don't think it is a bug. if your cooking with mah oven i ain't letting u steal my energy without getting something in return

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#4 Value

Value

rich and glassy

• Moderators
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

i don't think it is a bug. if your cooking with mah oven i ain't letting u steal my energy without getting something in return

Exactly my oven MY blocks :P

#5 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Solution: Have only the owner able to turn on/off ovens? Or a command that switched it to only allow you to cook with it. Because I love the idea of community ovens.

Also, the Edit proves there's definitely something wrong there.

Edit (edited): It -may- just have been the uncooked grass that didn't change ownership. I can't entirely tell.

"Meep" - Meep

#6 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Solution: Have only the owner able to turn on/off ovens? Or a command that switched it to only allow you to cook with it. Because I love the idea of community ovens.

Also, the Edit proves there's definitely something wrong there.

Edit (edited): It -may- just have been the uncooked grass that didn't change ownership. I can't entirely tell.

yes this would be a good idea! the oven on/off thing.( not that i would use it) but poor snakeZXZ had to take down his oven shop because i told him you can't share ovens. now he has to build it again if this is ever added :(

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#7 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

This is incorrect as Xerp and I discovered it first with a single block. It for sure changed ownership.

Unless you're saying it ALL changed ownership to me except for the uncooked stuff. In which case, you may have a point (and then that would mean they all became mine instead of just some of them).

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#8 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

That is what I mean. As I've discovered ovens don't work unless watched, so it didn't all cook, and I can't remember whether I actually picked up any dirt.

"Meep" - Meep

#9 Llefty

Llefty

Stalked by Toxic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, I tried to cook about 40 sand earlier on Snake's "public" oven in the dream team base...*cries*

HZojiZ2.png "Llefty, respond." -Toxic, every day

#10 SnakeZXZ

SnakeZXZ

Raising The Steaks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, I tried to cook about 40 sand earlier on Snake's "public" oven in the dream team base...*cries*

I didn't know ;_;, also you did get your stuff back right? If not I probably have it, and I'll give it back

BF7v6zN.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1rBNS60X.png?1QI4Vgpq.png?1BF7v6zN.png?1

#11 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

I didn't know ;_;, also you did get your stuff back right? If not I probably have it, and I'll give it back

i thought i told you ovens only give cooked blocks to the owner? you should pick up the ovens in the public cooking place as it is misleading

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#12 SnakeZXZ

SnakeZXZ

Raising The Steaks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

i thought i told you ovens only give cooked blocks to the owner? you should pick up the ovens in the public cooking place as it is misleading

I did but left 1 for myself. Even left a sign with my name on it. Llefty must have tried to use that one

#13 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

I did but left 1 for myself. Even left a sign with my name on it. Llefty must have tried to use that one

i think you shoudl change the other signs so it won't be misleading. lots of others might think it is still the public oven place it was be4

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#14 SnakeZXZ

SnakeZXZ

Raising The Steaks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

i think you shoudl change the other signs so it won't be misleading. lots of others might think it is still the public oven place it was be4

I did, look at the signs on the inside

#15 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

I did, look at the signs on the inside

heh, but maybe a lot of people are like me and when they went in they could not be bothered checking the signs thinking nothing had changed :P maybe move the oven somewhere else.

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#16 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Why do you even care about this? Snake can do anything he wants with his oven, it's a free world.

T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#17 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Why do you even care about this? Snake can do anything he wants with his oven, it's a free world.

best korea is free

rrqlql.png

#18 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Thanks, added to bug db

#19 madman

madman

best master yi