Photo

PythianRealms!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

On topic!

7f44484767.png

#22 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

Okay, sorry for the no updates, guys!

I'm gonna be coming back to this project now :D Unfortunately, the autoupdater doesn't work anymore, so Ill just post updates here.

The download link is now https://www.technoma...thianRealms.zip

Enjoy :D

Next update will be released soon, I never thought about re-starting this project till now.

Spoiler on the next update's features:

Spoiler

Please note this isn't everything the update will contain. This is only progress so far into the update, further changes are due to be made.

Thanks! :D

are you one of those people who NEED to see a screenshot? Look in the spoiler below for a screenshot of the progress of the next update (I made the dirt and water moat - used up all the map's water supply :'()

Spoiler

7f44484767.png

#23 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

Update released! Just re-download PythianRealms to get it.

Overview:

1. Code optimizations - should be ever so slightly quicker now.
  2. New randomized terrain generation - new tile priorities! Ruby and Sapphires are the rarest at the moment.
  3. Added Ruby.
  4. Added Sapphire. Trivia: In the code, sapphires are referred to as SAPP.
  5. Added Gold.
  6. Changed player graphics - rather than being a head, it is so much more amazing!

Things under consideration for further releases:

1. Shopping system. Currently all resources are pretty limited, so I'm considering creating a shopping system.
  2. IF I add a shopping system, ice *may* be added. As all tiles are placed on the ground, full out glass would look weird as hell - so I resorted to ice. Sorry value! Plus, ice will only be added if I add a shop.
  3. Saving system - under work.

Things guaranteed for further releases:

1. New blocks.
  2. New stuff.

Screenshot:

SZmELSo.png

7f44484767.png

#24 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

SPOILER of the next update:

Spoiler

7f44484767.png

#25 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Update released!

Here are the new Key bindings (non-modifiable atm):

• Space or E: Pick up tile.
  • <Number>: Put down tile, pick up current tile.
  • Arrow Keys or WASD: Move.

Graphical improvements:

• Inventory background is now blue, with white text. (Comments on this?)

Misc Enhancements:

• PythianRealms now saves! When you press the 'X' button, it will now save your inventory and the map. DO NOT DELETE: tilemap folder, inventory folder.
  • Saved map and inventory are now loaded. So now you can safely close your game without losing your work :D NOTE: DO NOT CLOSE using Task Manager or similar softwares. These "force quit" the program and may not allow it to save! Ensure, when closing, that you press the X Button, and do not turn off your computer while the program is running, for it will not save.
  • Slight Code Improvements.
  • Bug fixes.

I ain't gonna provide a screenshot for this update, cause the only visible different is the inventory.

Notes:
 In order to randomly generate a new map, simply do either of the following:

1. Delete every file inside the folder named "tilemap".
  2. Delete the file called "1.txt" in the folder named "tilemap". The game only checks for this file, and assumes all other files are there if this file is present. If it cannot find this file, it assumes all other files do not exist and generates a new map for you :D

Want to start from the beginning? Follow these steps:

1. Ensure game is not running.
  2. Delete all files inside "inventory" folder.
  3. Delete all files inside "tilemap" folder.
  4. Launch game.

7f44484767.png

#26 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

Update released, see here: http://indierising.n...id=3163#pid3163 for information. :)

7f44484767.png

#27 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

My friend taught me Polish..... Spiardella (excuse the spelling) and thats all i know

EMRlBNQ.png

#28 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

My friend taught me Polish..... Spiardella (excuse the spelling) and thats all i know

Wrong topic?

rrqlql.png

#29 Sharky

Sharky

Fishy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

Wrong topic?

Yes probably i sometimes go through random phases

EMRlBNQ.png

#30 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

PythianRealms is out on Indiegogo! Support it here: http://igg.me/at/pyt...ealms/x/9955717

Also, the latest billion or so updates are available for your viewing over here: http://indierising.n...ex.php?topic=23

Try spread the Indiegogo campaign - it'll help! :)

(Old thread is old, but bumping an old thread with a relevant post is better than making a new thread.)

7f44484767.png

#31 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

if pythian realms turns big sim9 can just sue you XD probably should change the avatar sprite to something more unique and not 8bitmmo like

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#32 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

if pythian realms turns big sim9 can just sue you XD probably should change the avatar sprite to something more unique and not 8bitmmo like

I don't think sim can sue just because the character looks like an 8bitMMO character (I think)
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#33 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:59 PM

Kralereth is correct. Since there are two applying values, of the fact that PythianRealms is in early Access stage and doesn't currently have a professional graphics designer just yet and that the character is not the 8BitMMO Character (despite it looking like it - admittedly, I'm bad at drawing characters.), sim wouldn't be able to sue me.

Besides, I make it pretty much publicly known anyway that 8BitMMO inspired PythianRealms quite a bit, so it's free publicity for sim... Why would he turn that down?

You should probably think before typing things that are legally and "common-sensually" wrong.

EDIT: Oh, and sim's awesome, so why would he ever want to do that?

Aaaalso, you can now support PythianRealms by purchasing Credits at TechnoMagic Enterprises... And conveniently, there are 2 offers on!

Firstly: http://www.technomag...et/products.php

Secondly: Use promo code "50BitMMO" on Checkout and I'll do the £15 offer a second time... Or a first if you aren't spending £15+.

So, say you bought 4 credits at £16. After the offers have taken effect, it would be 4*2*2 = 16. Thus, for £16, you can get 16 Credits. ;)

7f44484767.png

#34 Kralereth

Kralereth

The Emerald Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

Firstly: http://www.technomag...et/products.php
Secondly: Use promo code "50BitMMO" on Checkout and I'll do the £15 offer a second time... Or a first if you aren't spending £15+.

So, say you bought 4 credits at £16. After the offers have taken effect, it would be 4*2*2 = 16. Thus, for £16, you can get 16 Credits. ;)

'Murican translation: 1 credit=$1.50
FqAuPvV.jpgew5x0uL.png
"I'm just here to watch people die" -TheGreatOnion
"MY SIGT KEY BKORK" -Po2005
"could I end a helping hand?" -Ankos

#35 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

... I've neglected this thread again. Well, the other community that I was being a bit more active about PythianRealms' development on's dead now, so I suppose I'll probably be able to focus on this thread instead.

Anyway, I finally got round to improving the game's start screen:

2roXeWc.png

(Before people cry "necro!", it's completely relevant, and this thread will *hopefully* not be neglected now.)

7f44484767.png

#36 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

wCgP6aW.png

0.0.0.7 is now out! I would post a changelog but I can't seem to be able to copy and paste into this box >_>

Anyway, it can be downloaded via the launcher, which is available at http://scratso.itch.io/pythianrealms . (I still need to update the info on that page...)

7f44484767.png

#37 bumchin

bumchin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

wCgP6aW.png

0.0.0.7 is now out! I would post a changelog but I can't seem to be able to copy and paste into this box >_>

Anyway, it can be downloaded via the launcher, which is available at http://scratso.itch.io/pythianrealms . (I still need to update the info on that page...)

Damn that looks sick!

bumchin               furychin

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> [GLOBAL] <bumchin> selling kidney's 1k each

[17:46] <@EightBitMMO> <Waldin> kidney0s?
                                 [17:47] <@EightBitMMO> <bumchin> The ones you harvest out of people >;D

#38 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:15 AM

it looks cool but tbh i probably wouldnt play it since it looks a lot like 8bitmmo so i would just play 8bitmmo..

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#39 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

How did you... Well, do that. Put a title.

#40 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

it looks cool but tbh i probably wouldnt play it since it looks a lot like 8bitmmo so i would just play 8bitmmo..

Mostly because it's intended as an offline version of 8BitMMO, but will eventually have more pixel-art suitable blocks, etc. I'm gonna release the info on it soon, when I've finally got it written down.

7f44484767.png