Photo

Anyone know any great Game Developing Software?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Dylanz

Dylanz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

Hi, I'm looking for some good Game Developing Software, I have used GameMaker Studio I didn't really like it. I'm planing on making a MMORPG such like this one like 2D like this game we are playing right now! :D.

Safe Travels,

Dylanz,

#2 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

Hi, I'm looking for some good Game Developing Software, I have used GameMaker Studio I didn't really like it. I'm planing on making a MMORPG such like this one like 2D like this game we are playing right now! :D.

how much is it going to be like 8bitmmo? is it just the mmo or is it gonna be pretty similar cuz robbyz has copyright ya know

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#3 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

g++ and the sdl library or java and an opengl wrapper

rrqlql.png

#4 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Or just make an 8bitmmo-like game in Minecraft or Roblox (lololololol)

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#5 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Java, C++, C#. Any programming language can be used to create a game. Hell. You can make a game with HTML if you wanted

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#6 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

You can make a game with HTML if you wanted

Without JS or any server side language it would be pretty difficult unless you were making an interactive story or something.

rrqlql.png

#7 noo

noo

Asked for 'sweggiest dawg around'. Ended up with this.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Become the creator of Unturned, and make a ROBLOX game, and then a game with Java.

shrek is love

shrek is life

#8 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Become the creator of Unturned, and make a ROBLOX game, and then a game with Java.

I think Unturned is C#

rrqlql.png

#9 Dylanz

Dylanz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

I'm looking for a easy one but I want it to be challenging like I have to code for it and I'm trying to add a whole story to it.

Safe Travels,

Dylanz,

#10 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

I'm looking for a easy one but I want it to be challenging like I have to code for it and I'm trying to add a whole story to it.

are you looking for an engine or something?

7f44484767.png

#11 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Unity3D

rrqlql.png

#12 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

Without JS or any server side language it would be pretty difficult unless you were making an interactive story or something.

But it can be done is the point.

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#13 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

But it can be done is the point.

It wouldn't really be a game though, Google says a game is a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.

rrqlql.png

#14 AlexINF

AlexINF

All the good things have an end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

MSW logo

#15 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

It wouldn't really be a game though, Google says a game is a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.

So long as there's a goal there's a game. Text-based games, while boring as shit, are still games.

#16 BetaRuler

BetaRuler

is made of pink text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

You could try game maker. I started out learning my earliest coding theory from there...

A bulk of the coding theory I learnt came from ActionScript 3, though AS3 is out dated now but you can take what you learnt from 1 language to another.

Like I learnt my favourite control reactions from game maker and took it to AS3, where an example made Booleans that are set to true when the key is pressed down, and in the event handler, if that variable is true it performed actions. It solved quite a silly little problem anyway at the time. I also took my lessons on randomly creating a grid of maps in AS3 with me to C++ since my advanced game designer book on as3 taught me so well what can be done with JUST a good understanding of coding theory.

One thing you have to learn is how to control your enthusiasm, its all well and good to WANT to make the next Terraria, but it'll take time for you to simply learn what you need to learn to make it, be it coding. No running before you walk you dig? Even the terraria dev said he began by making a text based game. I wonder what Robbie started his game design career with and at what skill level was he coding at the time.

:beta: Providing you an unnecessary dose of nonsense anytime! :beta:

#17 noo

noo

Asked for 'sweggiest dawg around'. Ended up with this.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

I think Unturned is C#

Unity, actually.

shrek is love

shrek is life

#18 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Unity, actually.

You write Unity things in C# (or JavaScript/Boo)
rrqlql.png

#19 withrowkavan

withrowkavan

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

i think what he(she) is looking for is a "game creator"
 like where u just drag and place stuff on a plain and then make a story

#20 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

I wonder what Robbie started his game design career with and at what skill level was he coding at the time.

I learned while randomly typing commands into GW-BASIC to try and find out how to program.  By the end of the day, I had a game that asked the user "DO YOU WIN?".  I couldn't figure out the 'if' syntax, so regardless of what you typed, it said "YOU LOSE".