Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Pixel Art

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
205 replies to this topic

#21 Zooty

Zooty

princess zooty, a stone cold gangsta

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

It's FINALLY finished! Ugh... this took a lot out of me. I present to you one of the largest pixel arts ever made(if not the largest): Jessica Alba!
This build costed well over 300k, and the total size is 190 x 155 (29,450 single blocks, 115.03 regions).
This is on map =65, and most of it is within town borders (look for a townstone on one of the eyes). Check for it on the map when it updates!
The picture is the product of over 30 screenshots sewn together with a reduced size (so you can see what it is), so obviously the quality isn't that great. Also, my avatar and mouse-pointers are all over it.
Here it is:

257jhah.jpg

Best I could do with the limited color palette.

>>>>>not our savior lana del rey
rrqlql.png

#22 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Urgh.... Celebrity Pixel Art.

Next is Justin Beiber's and (insert name of Friday Singer)'s freaking pixel art....

Sheesh Lego, I was just trying to make a portrait since it hasn't been done before. A good-looking subject keeps me from getting bored. No need to get all butthurt over it.

Not very many pictures gracefully convert to such little colors. Lana gets automatically removed out of the options since she has dark hair(no highlights or anything). But I did consider it :mrgreen:

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#23 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Justin Beiber

You just broke Internet law #524:

Thou shalt not state the name of the "singer" who we hate and who nobody likes and who was rumoured to have died on Tuesday 16th June 2014.

It's FINALLY finished! Ugh... this took a lot out of me. I present to you one of the largest pixel arts ever made(if not the largest): Jessica Alba!

This build costed well over 300k, and the total size is 190 x 155 (29,450 single blocks, 115.03 regions).

This is on map =65, and most of it is within town borders (look for a townstone on one of the eyes). Check for it on the map when it updates!

The picture is the product of over 30 screenshots sewn together with a reduced size (so you can see what it is), so obviously the quality isn't that great. Also, my avatar and mouse-pointers are all over it.

Here it is:

257jhah.jpg

Best I could do with the limited color palette.

Nice!

7f44484767.png

#24 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Urgh.... Celebrity Pixel Art.
Next is Justin Beiber's and (insert name of Friday Singer)'s freaking pixel art....

Woah, just because you don't get TV, radio, internet or a steady supply of electricity in Australia doesn't mean you should get all pissy with us.
rrqlql.png

#25 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

He just hate celebrities.
I know that feel.

They haven't discovered electricity yet.
rrqlql.png

#26 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

I think I worked up a version of our savior Lana Del Rey that can be made on 8bitmmo. Wish me luck, and I'll be sure to post it if I can pull it off. Might be a while before I finish it though (I'm quite low on gold).

#DankClan

#27 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

I think I worked up a version of our savior Lana Del Rey that can be made on 8bitmmo. Wish me luck, and I'll be sure to post it if I can pull it off. Might be a while before I finish it though (I'm quite low on gold).

>500 million trillion billion gold
>low on gold
rrqlql.png

#28 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

e65.gif

When we can just ALL GET DRUNK!!!! (And get pale from getting sucked on by mosquitoes) 

lewat

LegoBox gets sucked off by mosquitoes?

rrqlql.png

#29 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yes. 21. and.... I'm over.

I thought you were like 12.

rrqlql.png

#30 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

perhaps he reads letters from right to left?

7f44484767.png

#31 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Yes. 21. and.... I'm over.

I thought you were like 12.

Sx3nuar.jpg

#DankClan

#32 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

Since this is related to 8BitMMO, shouldn't it be moved from General?

rrqlql.png

#33 TheSapphireCoyoteKing

TheSapphireCoyoteKing

Bees?

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

I for one say this should be moved. Since it is very related to the game itself. 
Moving to 8bitmmo.

Sapphire_Coyote_Exp_Bar.png64x64_Bloodshed_5ks_badge.png<5 killstreak badge<64x64_Dominator_10ks_badge.png<10 killstreak badge<64x64_Why_Isnt_He_Dead_Yet_15ks_badge.pn<15 killstreak badge<64x64_Bloodshed_20ks_badge.png<20 killstreak badge<64x64_Im_really_starting_to_hate_this_gu<25 killstreak badge<

#34 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Impressive build, Sage.

PS - Don't forget you can hide your avatar w/ Shift + F10 (and UI with f10)

#35 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

Your in-game character

rrqlql.png

#36 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

hair!

You can put grass on your head.

What about a t-shirt that you can draw on? We could have like a painting table to draw onto it and a washing machine to clear it off.

rrqlql.png

#37 DeadRunning

DeadRunning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

For those who want to do or try something similar to the awesomeness of Sage and have something like Photoshop here is a few things to help you along.

1) Screen shot all your blocks in game for a color pallet.

2) Find image you want to build.

3) open both your screen shot and image in PS.

4) you can now use the color range in the Select option to color pieces of your image you want to make in game with the block color pallet.

5) This takes a little time depending on what you plan to make but its easy and faster than building test tries.

6) Go ahead and build pixel by pixel

7) Done! Lets do it again!! :D

I use PS because I know it but I'm sure there are other programs that have the same function as the color range. Good Luck and happy building!

I know I'm not around too much but it's summer! All those bikini's! O.O  *drools*

#38 Zooty

Zooty

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

I know I'm not around too much but it's summer! All those bikini's! O.O  *drools*

The internet also has pictures of bikinis.

You don't ever have to go outside :)

rrqlql.png

#39 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

For those who want to do or try something similar to the awesomeness of Sage and have something like Photoshop here is a few things to help you along.

1) Screen shot all your blocks in game for a color pallet.

2) Find image you want to build.

3) open both your screen shot and image in PS.

4) you can now use the color range in the Select option to color pieces of your image you want to make in game with the block color pallet.

5) This takes a little time depending on what you plan to make but its easy and faster than building test tries.

6) Go ahead and build pixel by pixel

7) Done! Lets do it again!! :D

I use PS because I know it but I'm sure there are other programs that have the same function as the color range. Good Luck and happy building!

Made a guide explaining my process in more detail here: http://forums.8bitmm...into-pixel-art/

#DankClan

#40 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Lana is done!

10mkj1t.png

#DankClan