Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

"NumberPack" Texture Pack by Numberplay

Texture Pack Texture Pack Pixelart Pixel art

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 Black_Jack

Black_Jack

Loves white grapes.

• Moderators
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Nope.

Most appropriate response with profile pic award goes to Zooty!

P322zQi.png

#22 Numberplay

Numberplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

I updated the pack with hammer and eggs.

e4ZC3NR.png

7QmZY8q.png

The air egg is transparent

Igu9inn.png

#23 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Ooh... Nice!

7f44484767.png

#24 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

This is one complaint I can ignore. I already said in the first post that every player made mistakes on their roofs.and It's funny to walk around and see everyone's mistakes.

Technically, not everyone, as either block used to be suitable... some made mistakes, which is true, but the two blocks are not mistakes.

7f44484767.png

#25 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

I'm saying it's not necessarily mistakes, not that he shouldn't have done it.

7f44484767.png

#26 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I updated the pack with hammer and eggs.

e4ZC3NR.png

7QmZY8q.png

The air egg is transparent

YARMY!!!!!

T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#27 Numberplay

Numberplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Updated the pack with the new big sand and snow blocks.

Edit : If anyone downloaded it during the first few minutes, re-download it. I made some mistakes in transferring files and fixed it now.

Igu9inn.png

#28 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'm late to the party it seems. I tried out your texture pack last night (nice signature by the way, that place looks familiar hehe) and these are my thoughts:

--Praise--
Grass - Awesome design. Probably the best I've seen here.
Townstones - Very cool. I like the realistic feel of the statue.
Most Of The Weapons - The guns in particular are pretty impressive. I like the increased 'quality' of the swords. That said, the red sword seemed kind of 'super flashy' to me. Intentional I'm sure :P
Reward Blocks - Cool idea showing 'used' blocks as an open chest, and unused blocks as closed.
Water - Probably the best part of all, love the realism. Only real complaint is it's not quite blue enough for my tastes. The teal tint seems kind of odd. Just my opinion, and it looks good as it is.
Carpet design - Super fancy, and preferred over the original (with one exception below).
Leaving the mobs alone - Thank you for this. Enough said (sorry Scratso).

--Critique-
Teal Carpet - It's dark green now, which sort of throws me off when building something color-specific (like pixel art).
Sand - The sand feels too plain to me. I think a different texture (but keeping the color) of it would be nice. What would be best (in my opinion), is if you could use your water pattern (like sim) only in sand colors.
Wood - Love the sides. Dislike the top part (with the tree ring). When there's a lot of wood in one area, it looks confusing to me. Like a bunch of telepads or something.

Overall, I would rate this texture pack a 9 out of 10. The best 'all things considered' texture pack I've used so far (in other words, the closest one to full-time usage I've found). Please don't take my complaints too seriously, I appreciate the hard work you put in.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#29 Numberplay

Numberplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

I'm glad to see a good critique here and I'll answer to it right away.

Green carpet : The main reason I changed that carpet color while changing the others is that I hated the default color. I can understand you want colors to not change if you're doing pixelart but you shouldn't use a texture pack for that in the first place. Also I though dark green was one of those important missing colors.

Sand : This one was a challenge for me. I did many attempts at this block with no success and when I came up with that design, it felt really clean and fitted perfectly with the teal water. So I decided to keep it that way. I know it feels plain but for me it looks like a Caribbean beach and I like it that way. (this also answers about the teal color of the water)

Wood : I had the idea to propose two versions of the pack. One with trunk wood and one with plank wood. I guess I got lazy at some point and didn't offer the second option. It still looks great in my opinion but if you want I can do that second option in the future.

==============================================

Note that I'll be working on the new household items in may. Because of bandwidth problems I'm trying to not stay on my computer for too long until the end of the month. Uploading a new pack is out of the question in my situation.

Igu9inn.png

#30 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

I'm late to the party it seems. I tried out your texture pack last night (nice signature by the way, that place looks familiar hehe) and these are my thoughts:
--Praise--
Grass - Awesome design. Probably the best I've seen here.
Townstones - Very cool. I like the realistic feel of the statue.
Most Of The Weapons - The guns in particular are pretty impressive. I like the increased 'quality' of the swords. That said, the red sword seemed kind of 'super flashy' to me. Intentional I'm sure :P
Reward Blocks - Cool idea showing 'used' blocks as an open chest, and unused blocks as closed.
Water - Probably the best part of all, love the realism. Only real complaint is it's not quite blue enough for my tastes. The teal tint seems kind of odd. Just my opinion, and it looks good as it is.
Carpet design - Super fancy, and preferred over the original (with one exception below).
Leaving the mobs alone - Thank you for this. Enough said (sorry Scratso).
--Critique-
Teal Carpet - It's dark green now, which sort of throws me off when building something color-specific (like pixel art).
Sand - The sand feels too plain to me. I think a different texture (but keeping the color) of it would be nice. What would be best (in my opinion), is if you could use your water pattern (like sim) only in sand colors.
Wood - Love the sides. Dislike the top part (with the tree ring). When there's a lot of wood in one area, it looks confusing to me. Like a bunch of telepads or something.
Overall, I would rate this texture pack a 9 out of 10. The best 'all things considered' texture pack I've used so far (in other words, the closest one to full-time usage I've found). Please don't take my complaints too seriously, I appreciate the hard work you put in.

Just thought I'd mention here that personally, I'm not happy with my pack.
SPOILER ALERT! KEEP OUT PATIENT PEOPLE!!
Spoiler

On topic: Yeah, love the variety here, it really dwarfed my current pack. Keep it up, number!

7f44484767.png

#31 Choloy123

Choloy123

Coolest new member title on the block.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

Wow...

Hmmm....

Ur texture pack is really great! ♥

Loved the black tiles bec they're not 4 tiles on top... Which makes a better outline... But when you stack it it's like cement blocks... i prefer when you stack it... it has no outline like the default black tiles.