Photo
- - - - -

Petition: Should laser rifles have infinite ammo?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition: Should laser rifles have infinite ammo? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Should laser rifles have infinite ammo?

1. Yes (12 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (2 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Limited, but recharging over time (18 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

Vote

#1 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

With the slow fire rate, it's hardly possible to spam them, meaning they're no more powerful than a red, or even a blue, sword.

Plus, it makes sense, given they just charge lasers.

Also also, I wanna spam them everywhere for no reason because they're so awesome :D

"Meep" - Meep

#2 kkfenix

kkfenix

Changes his own member title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

They should recharge over time, you know, solar/wind power.

onepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gif200 pixels!

~kkfenix 8)  :D  :mrgreen:  8)  :lol:  :starwars:

#3 kkfenix

kkfenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Gotta stay green while slaying your foes.

Well, you sure can't carry infinite fuel around. And, anyway, your MCHammer walk combined with the 8 bit sun is enough to charge a small factory forever as long as you keep running on road.

So, basically, it should have limited ammo, but it charges over time (quicker in your hotbar than in inv).

onepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gif200 pixels!

#4 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

They should recharge over time, you know, solar/wind power.

Nice idea. Added another option.

"Meep" - Meep

#5 Sage

Sage

. . .

• Moderators
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

7ef.jpg

I think the pixel pistol should be unlimited more than the laser rifle should.

Reasons Why This Should Be Changed:

1. Power. It only hits for one damage, so it's really just a glorified white sword. A level 6 player could just hang out getting shot at for ages before dying. Anyone who has played more than a few days has most likely reached level 6. Therefore, it becomes very weak very quickly. That would be fine if it was unlimited, but it's not. And therefore a bad PvP weapon at best. What about outside of PvP you ask? Well... that comes to my next point.

2. Overpriced. First of all, I'm aware that Sim reduced it to 50g. Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about reasons the pistol should be a one-time purchase like the Blue Sword. For example: You're level 2, and you purchase a blue sword for 100g. If you kill a Lawyercat with that blue sword you gain 1g. If you kill 100 Lawyercats with that blue sword, you've paid it off. Fair enough? Now the rest is profit. But now let's look at the pistol.. You're level 3, and you purchase a pistol for 50g. You kill 50 Lawyercats(if you even managed to land a shot on them all, no second chances with the gun), you gained 50g. Your gun has disappeared, and you paid it off with no profit gained whatsoever (let's not even talk about fighting the other mobs, which would always equal a loss). So that *automatically* renders the pistol as a PvP-only weapon, which is a shame. And the next point.

3. Playstyle. People who play games like to have a choice. And I think they should be able to choose their fighting style. Close-range and powerful, or long-ranged, harder to aim, and weaker. Doesn't sound too farfetched to me. The Blue Sword and Pixel Pistol would be evenly matched if they were both unlimited. Not to mention you'd see more variety among the playerbase. Some picking a sword, others picking a gun. But both being able to get to where they wanted to go at about the same pace. Sword users would have an advantage when it came to farming, and a gun user against those pesky wild Hipsters. They could also be swapped as needed. I'd just like to see it have some sort of use outside of PvP. I mean, seriously, when do you ever even see it being used in PvP (the only place it's viable)? It would also allow a lot more roleplaying elements if it was usable as well, so what's the harm?

4. Reputation. On more than half of the Let's Plays on youtube, people are like "YEAHH gonna get the gun, so pumped!" ...and then 5 minutes later. "How I get bullets? Used all my gold on that... Gun sucks." Also ask anyone in-game how often they use it. Enough said.

In conclusion, at this moment in time the pistol is just something that's in the shop no one uses. In fact, most players warn noobs NOT to buy it. I see it used as a decoration in someone's home more than anything else. So something needs to be done about it to say the least. I think it deserves it's chance to no longer be the most unpopular item in the game.

(Note: If this was made unlimited, I would raise the price back to 100g and make it available at level 2. Thus making the player choose a route to go. Ranged or melee).

Just my two cents.

Still doing the hand thing.

#DankClan

#6 trippillx187

trippillx187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

I've been appealing for craft-able armor, ammo and armament,.

I don't think that anything should be unlimited...

but I strongly feel that you should be able to obtain anything from the fruits of ones labors,

also with more craft-able items arises more new markets or black markets.

in the case of the laser rifle I think a recharge makes the most sense cause it's an energy weapon

but I think that you should be able to carry and own more then one energy cell and that they should be expensive or complicated to build

and cells should be rechargeable, but the efficiency of the charging process and the cells capacity should be upgradable with higher crafting skills and materials cost. perhaps you need to carry the extra power cells on a special belt and that also is upgradable for capacity and charging power.

on this note I only kill hipsters and lawyers cats with the red sword, it's efficient I don't really pvp but I am 2 kills and 0 deaths with the red sword and I feel like I could still murder up in a stabbing frenzy the laser infantryman who is frantic and waiting for his next shot or switching out for his sword. red sword is beast and fast.

personally.... give me a good old shotgun with slug that does 20 damage at 1 foot

forgotten note,

that stock cell should be a one shot then it needs a charge, and max upgradable to 3 shots,

you shouldn't be able to have more then 3 cells, 1 in rifle and 1 on each hip, and carrying 9 charges should make you really really heavy and slow.

#7 Choloy123

Choloy123

Coolest new member title on the block.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

7ef.jpg

I think the pixel pistol should be unlimited more than the laser rifle should.

Reasons Why This Should Be Changed:

1. Power. It only hits for one damage, so it's really just a glorified white sword. A level 6 player could just hang out getting shot at for ages before dying. Anyone who has played more than a few days has most likely reached level 6. Therefore, it becomes very weak very quickly. That would be fine if it was unlimited, but it's not. And therefore a bad PvP weapon at best. What about outside of PvP you ask? Well... that comes to my next point.

2. Overpriced. First of all, I'm aware that Sim reduced it to 50g. Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about reasons the pistol should be a one-time purchase like the Blue Sword. For example: You're level 2, and you purchase a blue sword for 100g. If you kill a Lawyercat with that blue sword you gain 1g. If you kill 100 Lawyercats with that blue sword, you've paid it off. Fair enough? Now the rest is profit. But now let's look at the pistol.. You're level 3, and you purchase a pistol for 50g. You kill 50 Lawyercats(if you even managed to land a shot on them all, no second chances with the gun), you gained 50g. Your gun has disappeared, and you paid it off with no profit gained whatsoever (let's not even talk about fighting the other mobs, which would always equal a loss). So that *automatically* renders the pistol as a PvP-only weapon, which is a shame. And the next point.

3. Playstyle. People who play games like to have a choice. And I think they should be able to choose their fighting style. Close-range and powerful, or long-ranged, harder to aim, and weaker. Doesn't sound too farfetched to me. The Blue Sword and Pixel Pistol would be evenly matched if they were both unlimited. Not to mention you'd see more variety among the playerbase. Some picking a sword, others picking a gun. But both being able to get to where they wanted to go at about the same pace. Sword users would have an advantage when it came to farming, and a gun user against those pesky wild Hipsters. They could also be swapped as needed. I'd just like to see it have some sort of use outside of PvP. I mean, seriously, when do you ever even see it being used in PvP (the only place it's viable)? It would also allow a lot more roleplaying elements if it was usable as well, so what's the harm?

4. Reputation. On more than half of the Let's Plays on youtube, people are like "YEAHH gonna get the gun, so pumped!" ...and then 5 minutes later. "How I get bullets? Used all my gold on that... Gun sucks." Also ask anyone in-game how often they use it. Enough said.

In conclusion, at this moment in time the pistol is just something that's in the shop no one uses. In fact, most players warn noobs NOT to buy it. I see it used as a decoration in someone's home more than anything else. So something needs to be done about it to say the least. I think it deserves it's chance to no longer be the most unpopular item in the game.

(Note: If this was made unlimited, I would raise the price back to 100g and make it available at level 2. Thus making the player choose a route to go. Ranged or melee).

Just my two cents.

Sage if very much Right  Sage Made a lot of sense in this one... Than all of u

#8 kkfenix

kkfenix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

.... Sim9 Doesn't want to implicate crafting because that's just like minecraft!!! Are you freaking stupid (no offense)??

Tell me then, is crafting in tf2 like Minecraft? Or in Terraria? Or in Runescape?

But, I do agree that crafting sounds too much like Minecraft. Maybe copy what Waframe did with forging (except for copying EA style business).

#9 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

On one hand, some people want crafting. On the other, things like this need to be added: /townkick <playername>, more blocks, more carpet, more housing goods, more clothes, default quest types?, fences or something, etc etc etc.

Even if 8bit got some kind of crafting option, it wouldn't be like mine craft i think.

THIRDLY. WHERE ARE THE CHICKENS WHEN WE ARE EATING CHICKEN?

we should eat cat!

7f44484767.png

#10 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

On one hand, some people want crafting. On the other, things like this need to be added: /townkick <playername>, more blocks, more carpet, more housing goods, more clothes, default quest types?, fences or something, etc etc etc.

Even if 8bit got some kind of crafting option, it wouldn't be like mine craft i think.

THIRDLY. WHERE ARE THE CHICKENS WHEN WE ARE EATING CHICKEN?

Just wondering why would we need /townkick <playername>? can't we just do /towndel <playername> isn't it the same thing? also iv'e been waiting so long for some new blocks as mentioned above ^,

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#11 Choloy123

Choloy123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

/townkick <playername> would make a player not be able to enter your town. When i was doing moneypits, i had 2 players spam my town, and had a couple other people who kept pestering me. /ignore works so i don't see them, but I'll hear the ding on IRC when they call my name. They'd also just stand there while i'm doing moneypit and annoy other players.

This is a way where if a player is seriously annoying you, or in my case, multiple players, they can't come into your town to piss you off.

He's right... It really happened... Hey kyro remember them who they were? Remember they killed us over and over again when u opened town pvp

#12 trippillx187

trippillx187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

it's called a standard. (I mean look at all you trolls you should understand what a standard is and especially how to follow one) once someone does something that makes sense other people tend to follow the trend (however every now and again you get a bunch of idiots following some stupid standards and really stupid movements are born.. for example child labor and discrimination and trolling) 

is every game in a first person perspective copying john carmack? and more over should that have stopped other developers from going that route?

ever hear of the Kangbashi New Area?

#13 Choloy123

Choloy123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Actually if u think about it... This game is earlier than minecraft... but that idea is first by minecraft... Hm... does minecraft legally put a patent on it?

#14 BetaRuler

BetaRuler

is made of pink text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Minecraft isn't the first game to suck either, not that Robby has anything to worry about there... (unless he sells out!)

:beta: Providing you an unnecessary dose of nonsense anytime! :beta:

#15 trippillx187

trippillx187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

No I know what proletariat means because i read 1984  I'm smaht.

I read animal farm.

#16 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Ammowise, I will make it separately purchasable from weapons.

Just FYI, if facebook offers me two billion to sell out, I'm gonna be on that like a hobo on a ham & cheese sandwich.

#17 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

/townkick <playername> would make a player not be able to enter your town. When i was doing moneypits, i had 2 players spam my town, and had a couple other people who kept pestering me. /ignore works so i don't see them, but I'll hear the ding on IRC when they call my name. They'd also just stand there while i'm doing moneypit and annoy other players.

This is a way where if a player is seriously annoying you, or in my case, multiple players, they can't come into your town to piss you off.

oh ok

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png

#18 BetaRuler

BetaRuler

is made of pink text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

! Your better than that Rob! You are an ARTIST! Money can't buy that creativity hidden inside you!

:beta: Providing you an unnecessary dose of nonsense anytime! :beta:

#19 NMSquirrel

NMSquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

! Your better than that Rob! You are an ARTIST! Money can't buy that creativity hidden inside you!

yes but it can buy the tools to advance that creativity..

1 mil ? yes that is all I need to secure my future.

unlimited ammo?

yes, or recharge, or. a resupply block that cost gold , when you run over it(or hit 'e'), it resupplies your ammo(maybe build it like a weapons rack). don't like the idea of having to buy a new gun everytime it runs out of ammo.

Furniture:

Yes, more furniture, how about a throne?  maybe even a toilet for laughs? how about a card table? (a block that generates a random number for every user who 'e's it.)

respawnable blocks, so we can build better dungeons (hidden passages, obstacles to remove, etc)

oh, and respawnable chicken! (a chicken tree)

SquirrelsNestAd.jpg

#20 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

i would laugh if robbyz actually got an offer from facebook xD

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png