Photo

EpicRealms MMORPG

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#21 firerobot25

firerobot25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

scratso after many bugs has been ironed out i will download it i am taking a huge break from 8bitmmo as i need to take care of my mother as she injured her hand badly cya soon

#22 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Downloads will now be from Dropbox (file size exceeded max. signle file size) and Update12 adds loads more music! We have some music provided by Bjorn Lynne (Information on use of music found in Music Folder) and a couple of other providers as well. *Please read the Readme located in Music folder.*

Enjoy!

scratso after many bugs has been ironed out i will download it i am taking a huge break from 8bitmmo as i need to take care of my mother as she injured her hand badly cya soon

barely any bugs exist any more...

7f44484767.png

#23 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Read the readme.
It says if sufficient credit is given, anyone is free to use it.

Update 13 adds a Night and Day system! Please report all bugs here for me to fix in future releases. It *should* drop a veil over the world at night and broadcast that it's night/day etc.

Admins, this update has reset the Maps. I can host a seperate server with the old Maps on for reference as you rebuild said maps if wanted...

Accounts left untouched. Admins retain abilities.

Times:

1. When server is first booted up - 12:00pm Noon
  2. Every In game minute is every irl second.
  3. Every In game hour is every irl minute.

ENJOY!

Screeny of Update 13

BQDLBpQ.png

7f44484767.png

#24 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

I can't update it because the dropbox says 'nothing here!'

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#25 kkfenix

kkfenix

Changes his own member title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Read the readme.

Update 13 adds a Night and Day system! Please report all bugs here for me to fix in future releases. It *should* drop a veil over the world at night and broadcast that it's night/day etc.

Admins, this update has reset the Maps. I can host a seperate server with the old Maps on for reference as you rebuild said maps if wanted...

Accounts left untouched. Admins retain abilities.

Times:

1. When server is first booted up - 12:00pm Noon
  2. Every In game minute is every irl second.
  3. Every In game hour is every irl minute.

ENJOY!

Screeny of Update 13

BQDLBpQ.png

You should add a little icon with a sun or moon on it (maybe).

onepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gif200 pixels!

~kkfenix 8)  :D  :mrgreen:  8)  :lol:  :starwars:

#26 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Looks like some cheating has been going on there! :P

What do you mean? I made this myself!

You should add a little icon with a sun or moon on it (maybe).

Not a bad idea. Im always open to suggestions! I miht do (at some point :P)

I can't update it because the dropbox says 'nothing here!'

Ill take a look.

7f44484767.png

#27 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Many people want Day/Night systems. But I didn't even know that was there.

UPDATE 14: Adds a function in-game where during the night, a dark veil descends over the world. This makes it look as though the night really has come. Enjoy!

(Admins, if you want this on your maps, just ask for me to enable it on your maps.)

UPDATE 15 ADDS: Kardel Sharpeye recently requested this function for Tutorials etc: A Conversation function with NPCs. Also, Admins, an option has been added to the NPC editor for this function and added a Conv Editor.

Also, To prevent the Conversation area blocking the Chat during conversations (you can ask people what they entered for an answer if you want :P) it is located Below the Chat Box. This means that it works effectively not in Full Screen but it is recommended to use in the recently opened full screen! Full Screen has been enabled to add room for future updates planned that will fill up the space to the right of the game itself, thus the game will not expand to fill the window.

Enjoy!

Screenshot:

Attached File  untitled3.bmp   2.25MB   360 downloads

7f44484767.png

#28 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Brand new EpicRealms Forums!

http://erforums.tk

Enjoy!!

(Mods and admins, you'll get your powers there as well!)

7f44484767.png

#29 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Woo! Finally this can get off the 8BitMMO forums!

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#30 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Woo! Finally this can get off the 8BitMMO forums!

It'll remain as a redirect :D It can be locked though (don't spam to cause this - seriously!)

7f44484767.png

#31 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

Read the readme.

You could get sued for using someone else's music without asking for permission. Especially if you make any money from the game.

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#32 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

You could get sued for using someone else's music without asking for permission. Especially if you make any money from the game.

nope. The site I got them from said if you give credit you can use them freely...

7f44484767.png

#33 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

Notice: No more threads about EpicRealms shall be made (who's recording this??). However I'm having to go back to this thread as an admin whose name shall not be disclosed has broke the forums atm. we are working to fix the forums with our hoster, but the admin of who broke the forums has been permabanned as inside the game he was stupid enough to boast about it. As I said, his name shall not be disclosed and thus the message he posted in chat shall not either, this is to comply with our Privacy Policy.

More importantly, Update 30 is now out for download on the Main Post! This features:

1. Brand new GUI that a developer made for us. Woot! (This is in the process of improvement for later updates)
  2. The Sprites are being dealt with by abt79,
  3. I'm working on some new items, such as hatchets, and some more items to replace the old one.
  4. I'm working on some completely new revamped tilesets to replace the old ones (however, we are accepting tileset designers if any wish to join us! :D)
  5. On order of them 4, we're obviously working on purely EpicRealms-made graphics! (Many should be happy about this)
  6. A bunch of more systems.
  7. Revamping of pre-made systems to make it even more of mine!
  8. For more, read the changelog.
  9. Also, a change to our policies: If we release new graphics, they may only have been made by a developer or contributor. Previously made graphics not made by this group and rather made by companies shall be overwritten.

Link at: https://www.dropbox..../EpicRealms.zip

7f44484767.png

#34 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hurrah! *cheers*

Glad to see your happy about this :D

Hmm... Okay, I'm gonna start working on making the GUI a bit more of a red feel to it - it's not the best atm :P Or maybe red and black? I'll post some screens of it later.

I need your comments on which one is better!

main.JPG

main2.JPG

Otherwise, comments on how to improve will be accepted ;)

I'll start work on the buttons later - for now it's the menu and main backgrounds that are being worked on because these require the most work to make them look good - buttons are just... buttons :P

(ignore the buttons on main2.JPG -  this is just a slight bit of notice for me that I made so I could understand where my buttons went - they won't be there in the original one cause it runs weirdly if you leave them in with the animated ones.)

Hehheh, meet the just-made credits section!

credits.JPG

XD :D Zooty, Link, Sage and Trololo should all be very pleased with this. :P

Where's the credit?

Also I thought you left? gtfo, drama queen.

Credit is at: data files > music > readme  i'm gonna make it easier to get to soon. sorry.

Lol, just started work on the item graphics :P Meet my epic coin! :D

Attached File  1.bmp   6.05KB   383 downloads

I'm terrible... XD

Sorry about it being a download :( The game reads items as bitmaps

I'm terrible XD Ok, so I've made th character a base body now, as we expect to start creating hats and clothes et cetera, so here's my "epic" medieval android! The storyline change drastically over the past 2 days :P Now the theme is still medieval, but the world isn't human - its a world of androids!! Lol. Anyhow, here it is:

21.PNG

I'm sure you can walk out the character movements there - and notice I have terrible drawing skills for legs.

7f44484767.png

#35 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, I'm working on it. Didn't have much time last week, to be honest.

thats fine. thanks for explaining though :D

which gui do you think is better?

also, were working on a suite for the "mandroid" or medieval android.

Meet my brand new suit paperdoll:

7.PNG

Personally, I quite like this one that I've made, I think it's easy on the eyes and looks a lot like a suit jacket. What do you think?

You might have to download to see the colour differences properly...

Releasing Update 31 now! This includes:

1. Bug fixes (how many bug fixes am I gonna have to do???)
  2. The BRAND NEW "Mandroid"! (Medieval Android)
  3. A brand new item of player customisation - The Suit Jacket!
  4. Coin image changed to a custom version.
  5. GUI changed - Smoother, sleeker, redder :P

More updates on the way!

Link: [to be posted]

nvm - update next weekend! :(

7f44484767.png

#36 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

I liked the second gooey better. :D

ill make it optional.

Development update! Meet the brand new Starter Sword! I learned how to shade when I made this, so expect better items than sprites ;)

Anyhow:

5 - Copy.png

Tip: Zoom in to see the shading better - this is a preview of what it'll look like in-game :D

note i plan to have sparks go off it soon!

7f44484767.png

#37 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Development update! Meet my brilliant graphics :P

Brand new coins image! 1.png

Tophat :D 6.png

And shield :P 8.png

Paperdoll for sword:

7.png

im thinking of outlining the tophat in red on the black side of it...

7f44484767.png

#38 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Development update! Changed Topat: 6.png

And made Zeus' Bolt: 11.png

And the Suit Jacket Item image: 17.png

And a glass of water! 10.png

Mage Robes? 19.png I'll paperdoll it in a minute :P

New donator credits! 13.png

And cookie! :D 12.png

First off, Crest (external source) has given us permission to use their AutoUpdater that they are not working on anymore and have let us work on it instead. Anyhow, credits go to Crest and I only take credit for some modifications to the code, however these are just so I can understand it better when half asleep, and aren't huge, thus I take no credits whatsoever for the code behind this. I will be improving this however, so that I can fix some bugs, glitches etc that were overlooked by Crest. Anyhow, I'm releasing EpicRealms Update 30.5 as this is only half-way through the update. There is a small graphics change in this release however tomorrow I shall be releasing update 31 which includes all the updates shown above and more, though this one will be released via the autoupdater with a little post saying it's been released :D

Anyhow, less of the talking, more of the downloading! https://www.dropbox..../EpicRealms.zip Enjoy!!

7f44484767.png

#39 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

fixed the epicrealms forums! enjoy and sorry for the wait :P

7f44484767.png

#40 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

we are completely redoing the code now, so epicrealms is down till further notice. sos!

7f44484767.png