Photo
* - - - - 4 votes

Idea: remove gold timer.

Best Answer Scratso , 28 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

No

Why? Because that would make it a botter's paradise

It also removes the challenge of saving up.

You go from being able to only make 300 ever 45 minutes to making unlimited which will kill the economy

This will make the block prices increase

To recap

No

Good argument... I agree with Kardel, he should make it to about 1k, because otherwise the minority are spoiling it for the majority.

Remove it? bluth-no.gif

Make the limit bigger to 750-1000? http://yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.com/

How to remember that many e's?

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Well, I'm sure there was a good reason for implementing it, but now it scares players off as they can't build what the want. It is unfair to those who can only play 45 mins a day as they can only farm so much. So now me, and a fair amount of others, think that you should remove it. If not, please say why? (Optional)

7f44484767.png

#2 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

No

You go from being able to only make 300 ever 45 minutes to making unlimited which will kill the economy

To recap

No

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#3 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Remove it? bluth-no.gif

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#4 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:08 PM   Best Answer

No

To recap

No

Good argument... I agree with Kardel, he should make it to about 1k, because otherwise the minority are spoiling it for the majority.

Remove it? bluth-no.gif

How to remember that many e's?

7f44484767.png

#5 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

please elaborate.

There aren't as many botters as there are normal players (well, this is about botters that weren't banned), and if they keep it at such a low limit, it's spoiling it for the rest of us.

7f44484767.png

#6 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

please elaborate.

Sharpeyeargumentbot.zip unpacking

Configurationg .config files

Executing .exe files

Sharpeyeargumentbot booting up

The minority are the guys with a ridiculous credit card that buy plat any time any day and become rich.

The majority need to farm for their gold and plat items. 

This makes it a bit unfair for the majority and the minority feast on their gold not being in the minority.

Sharpeyeargumentbot shutting down...

#7 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Yeah.. That "minority" isn't botters. It's the people who played before Steam launch and are perfectly comfortable with 300 every 45 minutes.

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#8 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Disregard mob farming, acquire plat package.

How so f*****g judgmental! 95% of all players wish they could, but they cant! I am one of them 95% at the moment, and you seem to think we can simply put ourselves in Debt and buy Plat. Not to mention some players are below the Banking Age of 13 (British) and thus are unable to even use a Bank without parental consent (not me - I can't afford), and it does not help being very Paranoid and thus spending 75% of your earned money on security systems (me). Think before you make such mistake again, but I was pretty offended by that one line you posted.

Yeah.. That "minority" isn't botters. It's the people who played before Steam launch and are perfectly comfortable with 300 every 45 minutes.

I did play before the Steam launch... 25% of the time I was alone :'(

7f44484767.png

#9 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

How so f*****g judgmental! 95% of all players wish they could, but they cant! I am one of them 95% at the moment, and you seem to think we can simply put ourselves in Debt and buy Plat. Not to mention some players are below the Banking Age of 13 (British) and thus are unable to even use a Bank without parental consent (not me - I can't afford), and it does not help being very Paranoid and thus spending 75% of your earned money on security systems (me). Think before you make such mistake again, but I was pretty offended by that one line you posted.

-.-' He said "acquire". Nothing there says to buy them. Now. Take the stick out of your you know where and calm down.

#10 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

PS: 95% is a guess... considering the lack of plat sellers who don't buy it for Gold these days.

-.-' He said "acquire". Nothing there says to buy them. Now. Take the stick out of your you know where and calm down.

The only way to acquire them is to buy them!

And I will calm down when he gives a reasonable answer which does not involve surveys that can break your pc.

7f44484767.png

#11 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Oh my. If only there wasn't a recent contest where Sim gave out a plat package. Hm... I doubt that will ever happen again -.- Use your brain

#12 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Oh my. If only there wasn't a recent contest where Sim gave out a plat package. Hm... I doubt that will ever happen again -.- Use your brain

I'm talking generally. He doesn't do that often, and in the realm of Internet, it's not so recent :D Anyhow, that post sort of cheered me up as I Like it when people tell me to use my brain :D. My Brain ends up telling me to continue programming EpicRealms, thus aiding my game :D lol

7f44484767.png

#13 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

6223.gif

AFAIK, you can buy steam gift cards for this very reason. And for christ sake, I'm suggesting an alternative to you. Do you think I can assume how much money you have and how old you are? If you seriously have a problem with players buying plat packages, well that sucks, and post an idea in the suggestion box that this should be taken out.

The suggestion box has a limit of 10 votes, I've exceeded that limit and can only comment and browse. Again with the judgmental (and actually, I'm 15. Check my Profile) Anyhow, I have no problem with them buying plat, I have a problem with judgments. Anyhow, end this now! (Or I shall ask a mod to lock it if we don't get back to the topic, this is getting out of hand, we finished the argument, and you are continuing it.) Especially considering in my City there is literally no way to get Steam Cards, and I don't use steam, I use Desktop, less laggy.

*Ends argument* *Wonders why kyro did not look at the (not me) bit of my post?*

7f44484767.png

#14 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

From the sounds of it, it seems like you're mad at me for giving a suggestion? I suggested to buy play and you blew up for no reason. Just lock up this thread it's going no where.

You will never end an argument will you? I SAID OVER! Meaning, stfu about this argument, and talk about the thread.

7f44484767.png

#15 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

You started the argument -.- You have no right to ending it

#16 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

This is getting out of hand guys... I agree that Scratty might be eggagarating it but Kyro and ALTTF are pulling the argument even FARTHER the drain of liquid s***...

#17 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Nah nothing's been changed.

#18 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I do it because sim, AFAIK, does not make money off of this game and only makes money through people buying plat. He's active and involved in the community which gives me, at least, more incentive to want to buy it. That, and I'd like to see this game keep running for years to come.

Sooooooooooooooooooo Sim does make money off the game

#19 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

Selling plat. Which is still in essence making money off the game  

#20 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

That's... That's what i said relayed back to me.

Sweet! We're on the same page ^_^