Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

8BitMMO Texture Pack

Texture Pack Link Change Graphics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hello everybody and welcome to the grand reveal of my first ever Texture Pack!

As you probably are well aware I am an artist, and as an artist I enjoy fine art. Now, don't get me wrong here. I love the default textures. They're what make 8BitMMO 8BitMMO! However, I needed a change. So after wasting a weekend trying to figure it out only to crawl to Sim for help, I made this texture pack to spice up the game a little!

The process to install it isn't exactly easy unfortunately. So I've written out some steps for you to follow!

For Windows XP, Vista, and 7 Users (I don't know about 8 users. GOOD LUCK)

1: Go to Run

2: Type in %appdata%\8BitMMO\Clients\2f4a8472 and press OK

3: Download the file in this thread

4: Drag this file into the opened folder and confirm that you want to replace it

5: Close folder

6: Start up the DESKTOP/STEAM version of 8BitMMO

7: Play the game!

And that's it!

Note that this method does NOT work for the browser version of the game and until further notice will not work in any way.

Note that some textures will NOT resemble their names due to the artist's creativity

Note that this pack does NOT change every texture

Note that general players with NOT see what you see. So if you're going to make something to show others use the default pack

Note that when the game is updated the texture pack will be overwritten. You will have to re-install it.

If you have any questions or concerns please leave them in the comments section below.

Here is a preview of what the pack looks like:

FEgaOCj.png

OWUDPSC.png

ADpt4Mp.png

ZdDLqij.png

eJEZNrk.png

fuRAVJK.png

PvFt4sd.png

Well! That's it guys! I hope you enjoy it and I intend to make more in the future ^_^ Have fun!

If I update it you'll find it here

Current Build: 3

Attached Files

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#2 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

I won't lie, it does take some getting used to. Though if I ever go back and edit it I'll definitely make everything match up better ^_^

Thank you for the compliments!

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#3 Dragonslayerwei

Dragonslayerwei

[insert member title]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

That's mean... I am mind blown
T2kLfVR.gifjOCYRUZ.pngjOCYRUZ.png

#4 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

That's mean... I am mind blown

Mean? I am going to assume that's a compliment and say thank you ^_^

#5 kkfenix

kkfenix

Changes his own member title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

sV1TqmX.jpg

Edit: I uploaded a few screenshots on Steam, before I had to go to school. :D

onepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gif200 pixels!

~kkfenix 8)  :D  :mrgreen:  8)  :lol:  :starwars:

#6 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Eh. I tried to do that in the first draft of the post. It didn't want to work the way I had it.

#7 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Wow. And Awesome. And just wow.

And why the doge meme?

Thank you very much ^_^

And because doge memes are awesome I guess

#8 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Me like!!! *Goes and downloads Steam for the 3rd time in a row to use this pack*

7f44484767.png

#9 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Me like!!! *Goes and downloads Steam for the 3rd time in a row to use this pack*

XD I'm not sure whether to say thank you or sorry

Sorryou

#10 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

XD I'm not sure whether to say thank you or sorry

Sorryou

Don't be sorry! I only don't use steam cause I have no use of it as I didn't pay anything... yet I can't be bothered waiting for steam connection etc... but this has me hooked!

7f44484767.png

#11 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

Don't be sorry! I only don't use steam cause I have no use of it as I didn't pay anything... yet I can't be bothered waiting for steam connection etc... but this has me hooked!

Oh I see! Well, if you don't wanna be bothered by the Steam Connection then pester Sim9 enough to get him to make texture packs available on the browser version :P It'd definitely be a lot nicer to play in there as apposed to the desktop version ._.' Easier to edit too.

#12 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Doubt it'd reach his priority list :( lol

7f44484767.png

#13 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

Well, as a java programmer myself it wouldn't take all too much to do it. If I understood his code better I'd do it myself. An un-official mod for the game if you will. However I'm not yet that good.

#14 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

4th time now. Got a new pc :D

7f44484767.png

#15 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

That's awesome!  Very cool mod :)

#16 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Why thank you ^_^ Technically not maybe exactly a mod (?) but all the same ^_^ Thank you for the help at the beginning Sim.

#17 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Could you make it work for browser, sim? Some people are unable to use steam edition...

Why thank you ^_^ Technically not maybe exactly a mod (?) but all the same ^_^ Thank you for the help at the beginning Sim.

I agree with both you and Sim:

You because yes, it's name is a Texture Pack.

Sim because it modifies the game files, and so is therefore a mod.

7f44484767.png

#18 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

Nah it's good. It'll probably be reset in a couple days

#19 firerobot25

firerobot25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

the way for windows 8 is pretty the same the way to open the run command is the windows button with r

#20 Scratso

Scratso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Link is it ok for me to edit your pack? Youd still get appropiate credit lol

7f44484767.png