Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

8bitmmo Back to the Past. :D

Past.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

So I thought it would be nice to have a topic dedicated to 8bitmmo's past.

Here we see 8bitmmo's version of "Attack of the Clones". Now if Sim only had that many real clones.

Clones_zps505eb96c.jpg?t=1375296529

Here we see a few players with Sim9 surrounded by wild grass farming gold from an old cat spawner. You can see the gold still on the ground where players had to pick up the gold manually. ( Due to image resizing it's hard to see but it does say sim9 in chat and above character. )

images_zpsada52259.jpg?t=1375296521

Here we have a old map of what origin looked like. I believe this was right after the world map was first added. Soooooooooooo much wild grass and wilderness to be explored.

Atlas1_zpsafa572f4.jpg?t=1375296546

Another old map. Taken much much later than the previous one. No more wild grass and Origin has become the home of several thousand slums and old broken down deserted homes. Cleaning hadn't been invented yet. You can also see that Psychotic Grassman had not covered the area in moss yet.

Atlas2_zps730ae451.jpg?t=1375296537

Here is a photo of Sim9 without his iconic top hat, red shirt, or suit. ( very rare ) I imagine maybe some costume party.

Mage9_zps8e1f1d68.jpg?t=1375296893

Here we have a photo of the very rare and very elusive Sim9 caught in a cleverly disguised trap.

IT'S A TRAP!!!

ItsATRAP_zps0dbf3eff.jpg?t=1375296512

Bugs are awesome. There was a bug causing some items to show up as giant dogs. It has since been corrected  :(

DogBug_zps47d2af16.jpg?t=1375296555

Wait what... BLUE rug...

Bluerug1_zpsd1e03272.jpg?t=1375296502

Is this normal??? I don't have any blue rug...

Bluerug2_zps2b75c1e5.jpg?t=1375296493

Really like that blue rug...

BlueRug3_zps2675e932.jpg?t=1375296484

One very old trailer. What ever happened to blue rug??? I only have teal, purple, and red but not blue... hmm very strange.

A few places you can watch some other old game play. ( Does Sim9 even know about these??? ) LOL yea Sim you have lots of time on your hands :D

#1. http://www.gamebreak...school-sandbox/

#2. http://www.games-tv....tmmo/geympley_1

#2 Klemen702

Klemen702

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

Wow the game in the old times still looked great!

#3 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

blue rug was changed to teal since everyone thought it was water I think it would be a great idea if sim made blue rug 3g a piece where ppl could still buy it because it is clearly as good as the purple and red rug

UQ6ffjO.png

ai5w06T.pngai5w06T.pngai5w06T.png

#4 Meep

Meep

Director of Random Titles

• Moderators
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

blue rug was changed to teal since everyone thought it was water I think it would be a great idea if sim made blue rug 3g a piece where ppl could still buy it because it is clearly as good as the purple and red rug

Yeah, don't change it back to teal. I'd lose my life's hoard :P

"Meep" - Meep

#5 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, don't change it back to teal. I'd lose my life's hoard :P

It's been teal lol  I think you got confused.

UQ6ffjO.png

#6 Δ§Δ§IN Zloc

Δ§Δ§IN Zloc

Greatest Δ§Δ§|N

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

People thought it was Water? How dumb could that possibly be? It has a label with in and has gold-looking outlines at the end. And their first thought was water? :starwars:

Highlight my Signature to see it! 

Good work Assassin. But I'm still better than you at being it. Try to top my "signature skills" with one of your own. 

I'M THE AUTHOR OF 8BITMMO, and the best Assassin around who was the first one actually jumped over spikes by kicking off a wall, YEP. I'm serious! 

ezio_pixelart___animated_by_growlitheappAlso be sure to check out my Info Guide: 8bitmmo: Stuff To Know (All you need to know about 8bitmmo!)

#7 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

People thought it was Water? How dumb could that possibly be? It has a label with in and has gold-looking outlines at the end. And their first thought was water? :starwars:

I asked sim what happened to it before..... He said he didnt like that people thought it looked like water. 

I have no idea why some people who speak and read english can't somehow read the text on a screen or paper and they can only read what they want to.

UQ6ffjO.png

#8 Reap3r119

Reap3r119

God of Suddenly Going AFK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Man, that blue rug looks so awesome. :(

You're reaper, but your avatar is a dragon on a farm tool?

Yes. A dragon on a farm tool. Your point?

#9 RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Administrator

• Developer
  • 1331 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Great thread idea Grim!

Yeah, I really liked the blue too.  But like you say, too many people thought it was water :(

#10 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

but now we have real water so it should be brought back.

#11 Δ§Δ§IN Zloc

Δ§Δ§IN Zloc

Greatest Δ§Δ§|N

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Maybe we should have a "Blast to The Past" say on 8bitmmo. The blue rug comes back, wild grass covers the wilderness once more, you can respawn in Origin ... I don't know the past that much, but it's just an idea :)

Highlight my Signature to see it! 

Good work Assassin. But I'm still better than you at being it. Try to top my "signature skills" with one of your own. 

I'M THE AUTHOR OF 8BITMMO, and the best Assassin around who was the first one actually jumped over spikes by kicking off a wall, YEP. I'm serious! 

ezio_pixelart___animated_by_growlitheappAlso be sure to check out my Info Guide: 8bitmmo: Stuff To Know (All you need to know about 8bitmmo!)

#12 Reap3r119

Reap3r119

God of Suddenly Going AFK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Great thread idea Grim!

Yeah, I really liked the blue too. But like you say, too many people thought it was water :(

Just do like yu did with some of the clothing and add a caption that says "THIS IS NOT WATER"

You're reaper, but your avatar is a dragon on a farm tool?

Yes. A dragon on a farm tool. Your point?

#13 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:52 AM

" Just do like you did with some of the clothing and add a caption that says "THIS IS NOT WATER"

actually someone did mention they wanted to see item descriptions.

#14 Trololo

Trololo

#DankClan

• Moderators
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

Just do like yu did with some of the clothing and add a caption that says "THIS IS NOT WATER"

People cant read today... sorry

UQ6ffjO.png

#15 kkfenix

kkfenix

Changes his own member title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Just make the blue carpet happen again.

onepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gifonepixel.gif200 pixels!

~kkfenix 8)  :D  :mrgreen:  8)  :lol:  :starwars:

#16 SneakySneakers

SneakySneakers

COOL MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

I support the blue carpet!

76561198089099494.png 46XWJMu.gif

#17 ALinkToTheFuture

ALinkToTheFuture

Is actually Zolda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

Wanna say I'll be stealing that blue rug for the next pack.... But that goes against the theme I've chosen. Maybe the next one.

It is beautiful... How stupid do you have to be to think it's water...

h63G4JB.gif                                        A proud supporter of Flying Bananas and Spinning                                 WRq3ojI.gif

#18 Scratso

Scratso

Lord of the Dark, Cold and Sorcery.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I'll steal it! I have an update planned anyway...

7f44484767.png

#19 Thanatos Hades

Thanatos Hades

n00b

• Moderators
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

Guys the game didnt always have water so it was being used as water. Of course you could die in it lol. A lot of tiles are used as stuff they normally aren't supposed to be because we dont have the right stuff yet. cough lava cough

#20 madman

madman

best master yi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2505 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

THE BLUE RUG IS AMAZING!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E13smaa.jpgcWYq9I1.png